Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rattler unboxing - XS Exclusive

Technician
    Do you have cpu turbo enabled? If not you dont have access to the turbo vid tables and only manual voltage will work...

Xtreme Member
    Hey PiLsY,

I have tried with both Turbo Enabled and Disabled, the Fixed Voltage doesn't work either way (remains fixed on 1.1V, in the BIOS and measured with the multimeter, no matter what I have set from 1.10V to 1.35V). It is weird that when switching to Dynamic, the voltage jumps up to 1.238V in full load, but nothing over this value, no matter what I set in AEGIS or BIOS as +xxmV).

All other voltages can be set perfectly, like CPU VTT, VMem and so on.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    guys which is the highest multiplier you got with this mobo?
    I have 2500k and the maximum is 52x100 all cores or 53x100 only in first and the rest 52x100.

Cpuz is not working of course. Need to speak to Frank.

Technician
    54x97 is my record, but purely down to cpu limit. Same limit on the Asus Pro.

Coolzone - that is really damn weird man.

Do me a favour and flash the second bios chip in windows and try using that? Set flash writeable in bios (on either chip) and then swap the jumper in windows. Use fptx86 in 32bit and fptx64 in 64bit. Bin file must be in same directory as the flash files and you need to run the command window in admin mode.

Hey, I reviewed this card on our website http://www.nexthardware.com/recensio...nn-rattler.htm use a translation program for read in your language

The review was written with the bios p03

Great mainboard easy to use and stable

Those who have problems freeze and blue screen in Windows with Cpu Z, just configure CPUZ.ini and replace the voice "SENSOR=1" to 0.

Xtreme Member
    nice review and thank for the cpu-z bit as well

will tested that my self as i do see bluescreen all the time

there will be a new bios soon with some more memory option and then after that it time to start bug fixing the bios lol

thanks

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PiLsY View Post
    54x97 is my record, but purely down to cpu limit. Same limit on the Asus Pro.

Coolzone - that is really damn weird man.

Do me a favour and flash the second bios chip in windows and try using that? Set flash writeable in bios (on either chip) and then swap the jumper in windows. Use fptx86 in 32bit and fptx64 in 64bit. Bin file must be in same directory as the flash files and you need to run the command window in admin mode.
    Dear PiLsY,

Thanks, I will see what I can do.

Later Edit: I have tried to flash the way as instructed from Windows, flash completed successfully but the voltage for the CPU cannot be set at before (so no difference), CMOS was reset automatically on first boot. Still searching for a solution.
    Last edited by CoolZone; 05-19-2011 at 08:06 AM.

Technician
    Tried loading optimised defaults, save and exit? That used to fix a few bios bugs on the Bloodrage at times, its worth a shot.

Also try remounting the cooler (with less pressure if its bolt through motherboard mounting).

Try the board out of the case on the motherboard box with the retail cooler to eliminate any possibility of an electrical short causing it.

Do you have any other S1155 spares at all? Its sounding like a motherboard issue of some sort to me, whether thats an actual fault or something else causing it is hard to say. Try the above suggestions though and post back. Frustrating when a new build doesnt come together smoothly!

The cpuz thing is turning off the cpu vid and motherboard sensor reading. Id be inclined to believe it was a software bug if I couldnt stop it crashing by lowering memory speed. We shall see though as I know nothing at all about programming .

Xtreme Member
    I have tested the all the other components on two other S1155 boards and work perfectly fine. I have also reinstalled the CPU inside the socket 3 times since I have got the board. Also tried to load the optimized defaults load, no go. I also incline to a motherboard fault, but I am not too sure what is causing this issue. I have also spoken with Foxconn support and they said that when I set the Fixed Voltage to a certain value and then restart, I should see in the Hardware Monitor the value changed. However, this does not happen in my case, it stays between 1.09 - 1.10V at all times. When I switch to Standard voltage, it jumps to 1.20V and stays there. Also, in Dynamic, the voltage also modifies in full load but reaches the same maximum value.

I had two bad experiences like this in the past, one with a DFI X58, which was an engineering sample and it did not matter what value I would set for the VTT, it remained at the same 1.1V; also, with an ASRock board, which VCore was completely different compared to what I was setting inside the BIOS (much higher values) -> but this situation was sorted out by flashing a newer BIOS and telling them about the issue.

I was also thinking that the Intersil ISL6366 may be malfunctioning on my board and may not respond to the commands correctly?

Technician
    Yes I cant think of anything else to try?

Retail cooler and motherboard built on the cardboard motherboard box is always my last test before an RMA - I would send it back to the store and get it swapped out if I was you.

Xtreme Member
    Well, since I won't be able to exchange the board, I guess I will have to keep trying to find other solutions.

Xtreme Member
    coolzone give me a shout
    as you have a sample i know we can rma the board for you so it not a problem, can you email me who give you the board
    as i can sort out with them about getting another board to you

to anyone else any board can be rma with foxconn as sample plus main board have 3 year warrenty
    Last edited by Lord Trident; 05-19-2011 at 10:42 PM.

Technician
    Told you Foxconn have the best support .

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Trident View Post
    coolzone give me a shout
    as you have a sample i know we can rma the board for you so it not a problem, can you email me who give you the board
    as i can sort out with them about getting another board to you

to anyone else any board can be rma with foxconn as sample plus main board have 3 year warrenty
    Hello again,

I have just PMed you with the information. I can also mail you if you'll give me the address on PM.

Thanks in advance!

Xtreme Member
    got my answer thx
    Last edited by ProStock; 05-26-2011 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by -Radiant- View Post
    i would love to buy this board but... IDE?! and the overclock buttons tweak BCLK not the multi ?? add 2 sata instead of the 300 year old ide and fix the oc buttons failure and i'll buy one

http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages..._review,1.html

I Agree , please FOXCONN get rid of the silly IDE connector , Quantum Force are enthusiast motherboard and computer enthusiast dont use IDE connectors anymore , please FOXCONN consider the use of Tantalum capacitors around the CPU , already MSI and gigabyte are using this kind of high performane capacitors

Technician
    Dont be ridiculous. IDE is there for benching at high PCIE, loads of users still need IDE connectors for many and varied reasons. Add in that its already included as part of the eSATA chip and why on earth would you pay for it and not use it? If you don't like it then don't use it, but regardless of whether you see it on the board or not you HAVE paid for it.

By stripping off the IDE they would be precluding anyone with IDE devices from buying the board, whilst having no effect on those who didnt need it. Seeing as you have to pay for the IDE whether the board has it or not then leaving it off makes absolutely no sense. When we see eSATA controllers without an IDE port then you will see the end of IDE, until then you're stuck with it.

Could you explain to me in technical terms why you want the caps changed to Tantalum? Just wondering if you had an actual reason and an understanding of the differences between solid, polymer and tantalum caps or if you just want them because MSI, Gigabyte and Asus marketing departments made them sound cool? The Rattler PWM is hands down the best PWM on any P67 board. Get an Oscilloscope on it at load and youll see what I mean. It can handle 350amps peak burst (rated) without breaking a sweat and the ripple is just non existent. There is nothing that can be done to improve the Rattler pwm that will have any impact on cpu stability and overclocking. You will not gain any overclock on other boards due to tantalum caps unless their original design was shoddy and incapable of handling the power .

Its probably also worth mentioning that tantalum caps are semi-fluidic and have much narrower operating ranges, plus a larger ripple slope within those operating ranges. If you are going to be running at the very hot or very cold end of the spectrum you really dont want T-caps. Basically they run within a much tighter tolerance range and you tend to get higher than expected leakage outside those ranges. The only real reason to use them is to save space or to maintain clean output at high temperature (but not low temp - smaller useable temp range), but that comes at a vastly increased cost. If you dont need them its just not worth using them, and Rattler certainly has no need of them. Its PWM runs very cool and very clean already, adding T-caps would just add $20 to the price of the board for absolutely no gain.

Also as previously mentioned the oc buttons do not need "fixing". Adjusting bclk is FAR more helpful than adjusting multiplier. Given you can only tweak (realistically) 40mhz+ at at ime with multiplier it doesnt offer fine enough adjustment to be of any help. Far better off setting your max multi and going up in bclk to get your limit (0.1mhz steps) some 4-5mhz at a time.

Complaining just for the sake of complaining makes you sound stupid. Reading the thread and understanding the technology ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by -Radiant- View Post

i would love to buy this board but... IDE?! add 2 sata instead of the 300 year old ide and fix the oc buttons failure and i'll buy one

http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages..._review,1.html
    I agree

Xtreme Member
    tonschk

there nothing wrong with the overclocking button
    it work very well

what you got about ide, i have so many complain from people when there is no ide
    and i have complains when there is

anyway i see vortez just do not know anything about overclocking so would not bother reading that

Technician
    They dont even know what type of bios they're using let alone anything about overclocking . That review has more holes than a swiss cheese, real shoddy job.

I wouldn't worry about tonschk - clearly here to troll. Give him no food and he'll move on.

Xtreme Addict
    We like IDE, we dont like you.. so fk off. I think I will actually kinda miss IDE on X79, but well.. what can we do.
    i7 930 D0 - 4,2 GHz + Megashadow
    3x4GB Crucial 1600MHz CL8
    Foxconn Bloodrage rev. 1.1 - P09
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD
    SeaGate ES.2 1TB + 1TB External SeaGate
    Corsair HX 850W (its GOLD man!)
    ASUS STX + Sennheiser HD 555 (tape mod)

Old-new camera so some new pics will be there.. My Flickr My 500px.com My Tumblr

Xtreme Addict
    Rattler CaseKing.de

I just got this in mail, really didnt expect this one to see there. Its not even sold here.. if you try to find "Rattler" here, you will find.. well, you dont really want to know.
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD

Old-new camera so some new pics will be there.. My Flickr My 500px.com My Tumblr

Technician
    CPUz bug has been fixed for production boards just to put your mind at ease.

Also should have a small price drop too .

Sadly SLI wont be coming to the Rattler (unless you use the SLI patch from xdevs). Nvidia are being a$$holes and making Foxconn buy SLI licences for all P67 dual PCIE boards and not just Rattler. Seeing as the other P67 boards outsell QF products around 1000:1 (foxconn supplies a LOT of oems) it'd more than double the price of the Rattler for them to claw back the cost. The SLI patch gives you very close to full sli performance, just slightly more cpu overhead so a couple of fps lower at most. You are limited in what drivers you can use though as the patch has to be updated as new drivers come out. X79 will have native SLI of course, but until Nvidia decide to play nice I dont think future QF mainstream chipset boards will have SLI. Just seems plain stupid on Nvidia's part to me.

Xtreme Addict
    And thats why I have ATI ..ehm AMD.

But its just wrong from nVidia and it mostly hurts their sales. Kinda stupid.
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD

Xtreme Member
    hi guys

a new bios for this main?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast