Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Intel Core i7-995X Extreme Edition to be launched in Q3

Xtreme Member
    will wait and see then...

Xtreme X.I.P.
    my guess is that intel will try to position SB-E even higher and charge even more for it...

c[_]
    Just need a 999x now.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by STEvil View Post
    Just need a 999x now.
    You didn't get your 999x yet?
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Meh, I'll pass, my i7 970 is plenty enough, and not to mention that this CPU will be shortly replaced by Intel's 2011 CPU's.
    AMD Threadripper 12 core 1920x CPU OC at 4Ghz | ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 motherboard | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM | Gigabyte 11GB GTX 1080 Ti Aorus Xtreme GPU | SilverStone Strider Platinum 1000W Power Supply | Crucial 1050GB MX300 SSD | 4TB Western Digital HDD | 60" Samsung JU7000 4K UHD TV at 3840x2160

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Beier View Post
    Hmm, I recall that page being full of shift... And never been spot on?
    I don't know ... they have a picture of an unmarked CPU and a CPU-Z screen. Looks pretty legit.
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

c[_]
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    You didn't get your 999x yet?
    nah, just the 996...

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

I am Xtreme
    yea 995X looks legit, i heard it coming from a long time ago, when someone at OCn posted a screenshot of a rig they were building for an Intel employee, she was a processor engineer or something of the sorts, couldn't even build her own computer.

Xtremely Retired OC'er

Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    my guess is that intel will try to position SB-E even higher and charge even more for it...
    You got point. It was happen before will happen tomorow.

Only Movieman can get engenier samples for 50% price cut off
    Last edited by Nikolasz; 04-04-2011 at 10:45 PM.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] gomeler View Post
    ... and 05, 06, AM3. It is way easier to get a 6.2GHz 980/990 than it is to get a 5.6 2600K.
    06 6.2Ghz, we have 3 980/990X here that don't that :p not even on 6.0 on 1.9ish volts...

Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Double sucker punch on anyone who thought 990x was going to overclock better than 980x (myself included) :/
    Again I feel your pain budd
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

D.F.I Pimp Daddy
    I just built my first i7 xeon based system for a wealthy client of mine and personally its just marginally faster than my Phenom 940 BE DDR2 system (not overclocked).

All of the hoopla surrounding intels new architecture to be quite honest, I was expecting much more from it. So basically now Intel system are comparable to AMD systems that have been out for years now

It's truly quite amazing how much worth people put into a couple of seconds difference and make it seem and appear to be the extraordinary when in actual fact its just a illusion created by media hype....tsk...tsk...silly wood peckers
    Last edited by Brother Esau; 04-05-2011 at 12:16 AM.
    SuperMicro X8SAX
    Xeon 5620
    12GB - Crucial ECC DDR3 1333
    Intel 520 180GB Cherryville
    Areca 1231ML ~ 2~ 250GB Seagate ES.2 ~ Raid 0 ~ 4~ Hitachi 5K3000 2TB ~ Raid 6 ~

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Esau View Post
    I just built my first i7 xeon based system for a wealthy client of mine and personally its just marginally faster than my Phenom 940 BE DDR2 system (not overclocked).

All of the hoopla surrounding intels new architecture to be quite honest, I was expecting much more from it. So basically now Intel system are comparable to AMD systems that have been out for years now

It's truly quite amazing how much worth people put into a couple of seconds difference and make it seem and appear to be the extraordinary when in actual fact its just a illusion created by media hype....tsk...tsk...silly wood peckers
    What i7 was it? And what programs, benchmarks etc did you run?

Xtreme Member
    I pretty sure that i7 970 is going to drop to $290 sometime in the future. Just wait and see by yourself

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    you don't like progress?
    I dont like a £200 CPU on a cheaper socket vastly outperforming a £450 CPU on a more expensive socket.

Why do X58 owners need to be charged so much for worse performing CPUs than the latest ones that are out?

Progress should bring price cuts on the older generation as well, although the I7 970 was reduced, it still costs more than a P67 mobo and a 2600K combined which is hardly worth it.

There is no need for Intel to change their sockets so often with every new architecture just to try and get people to upgrade their motherboards as well.
    Last edited by Mungri; 04-05-2011 at 07:16 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bhavv View Post
    I dont like a £200 CPU on a cheaper socket vastly outperforming a £450 CPU on a more expensive socket.

Why do X58 owners need to be charged so much for worse performing CPUs than the latest ones that are out?

Progress should bring price cuts on the older generation as well, although the I7 970 was reduced, it still costs more than a P67 mobo and a 2600K combined which is hardly worth it.

There is no need for Intel to change their sockets so often with every new architecture just to try and get people to upgrade their motherboards as well.
    Unfortunately, this is just the way Intel works. AMD's pricing structure has more of an impact than Intel releasing new CPU's.

I remember back a couple of years when Intel released the Conroe based Core CPU's. At that time, the Pentium 4 670 (a 3.8GHz socket 775) chip was still selling for ~$700, even though Conroe just crushed it. Heck even now, you can find this chip still going for $300.
    http://www.memory4less.com/m4l_itemd...4841&rid=fd_10
    Who is buying them, I have no idea but someone must otherwise I would guess they wouldn't be listed.

That is just the reality of the situation, Intel doesn't drop prices due to newer chips, only to keep depressing AMD's margins...

Xtreme Mentor
    You can get Core 2 Quads for £100 currently though.

I cant see the I7 970 staying at £450 though, especially not after bulldozer and Ivy Bridge are out.

I dont get why Intel cant simply make any 32nm quads for X58.

Xtreme Cruncher
    995x Yawn.... now how about some SB-E news Intel? That would be exciting

I saw some 995's out there already, its the same thing as the 980x/990x no surprise except default 3.6Ghz clocks or whatever +1 multi is. http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html you can see 995x basic benches there for reference.
    XTREMESupercomputer: Phase 2
    Live up to your name - November 1 - 8
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeghoofd View Post
    06 6.2Ghz, we have 3 980/990X here that don't that :p not even on 6.0 on 1.9ish volts...

Again I feel your pain budd
    need to run singlechannel on those 990s at 6.2GHz -150C..

Banned Movieman...
    intel getting extreme edition happy?

965, 975, 980, 990, and 995

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by stangracin3 View Post
    intel getting extreme edition happy?

965, 975, 980, 990, and 995
    Sure, wouldn't you be happy as well selling something for a thousand dollars that costs less than 50 to make?

I am Xtreme
    nvm

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    Sure, wouldn't you be happy as well selling something for a thousand dollars that costs less than 50 to make?
    R&D is how much

Xtreme Memory Hoarder
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Esau View Post

I still have a Q9650/UD3R/GSkill1200 setup and I can say that sb is much nicer in terms of thermals, overclock ability. When you say xeon based I assume you mean westmere setup (6c 12t) since there are no sb equivalent xeons available yet.

If you think that Intel's new architecture is so boo boo maybe you should go checkout the bot and see where the fastest times are coming from

Xtreme Memory Hoarder
    Quote Originally Posted by bhavv View Post
    You can get Core 2 Quads for £100 currently though.

I cant see the I7 970 staying at £450 though, especially not after bulldozer and Ivy Bridge are out.

I dont get why Intel cant simply make any 32nm quads for X58.
    the only 32nm quads for X58 would be the Xeon lineup and they are not cheap

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by l0ud_sil3nc3 View Post
    the only 32nm quads for X58 would be the Xeon lineup and they are not cheap
    Exactly the point, intel refuse to release anything similar to the P55 / P67 CPUs at around £200 for X58, and instead either expect X58 users to buy a highly overpriced hex core, or change their socket to P67 if they want a new CPU architecture

Intel cant keep their hex cores priced this high forever, they are going to become more mainstream sooner or later.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast