Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Martinsliquidlab.org] Sunbeam Rheosmart 3 Review

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by MagisD View Post
    Now the question is can I just use the three fan channels via pwm control without anything hooked to
    The pwm channel, just having that hooked to mb. I want to leave my dual mcp-35x hooked up to the cpu header via pwm splitter cable so there sync'd.
    Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk
    You'd need to switch to manual control, for which there is a button above the controller knob of each channel. So you can switch each channel between manual control and PWM control by the motherboard. I don't know how it will respond when it doesn't receive a PWM signal and it's set on PWM control, however I think it will just run at 12V.
    “Little expense had been spared to create the impression that no expense had been spared.” - Hitchhiker's Guide
    It's better to ask dumb questions now, than to look stupid later
    Mondays:

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Well I pulled the trigger on the 6, so I will find out.

I never had this level of thermal management on my evga x58 sli le.

The r3e had sweet inculded software but it says it's only for cpu and chassis fans and the chassis fans only work with presets. If thats the case it kinda sucks for a mb with 8 24 watt each pwm headers and 1 custom nb fan header and 3 temp sensor headers in addition too the internal ones . I have to play around and see I might be able to control my entire setup off the mb

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk
    MagisD

6 Quad rads 1 case Maybe I went a little overboard....Overkill Cube

Xtreme Addict
    I bought a Rheosmart 3, and am about to hook it up. I just noticed however that according to Martin's diagram, the pump power is being pulled from the CPU fan header. Won't this burn out the header? I doubt fan headers can handle a pump.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by voigts View Post
    I bought a Rheosmart 3, and am about to hook it up. I just noticed however that according to Martin's diagram, the pump power is being pulled from the CPU fan header. Won't this burn out the header? I doubt fan headers can handle a pump.
    That's just the PWM cable from the pump which includes the PWM signal wire and the RPM tach wire. The 35X draws power from the 4 pin molex, no power is drawn from that smaller plug.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandr0s View Post
    You'd need to switch to manual control, for which there is a button above the controller knob of each channel. So you can switch each channel between manual control and PWM control by the motherboard. I don't know how it will respond when it doesn't receive a PWM signal and it's set on PWM control, however I think it will just run at 12V.
    +1

If there is no PWM signal it runs as if the manual control was set to max.

You basically have the option via those little buttons to switch between manual or PWM control. When the buttons are pushed in, LED turns green=manual mode. When the buttons are popped out, LED turns red=PWM control or max setting if no PWM signal is detected.

Max voltage with my light fan load was around 11.4V. This max voltage will depend on the current draw, higher current loads would see lower maximum voltages (vdroop).

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post
    That's just the PWM cable from the pump which includes the PWM signal wire and the RPM tach wire. The 35X draws power from the 4 pin molex, no power is drawn from that smaller plug.
    I pulled out the pump and see what you mean. Had me confused for a minute. Now I just have to figure out how to sleeve this convoluted mess.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by voigts View Post
    Now I just have to figure out how to sleeve this convoluted mess.
    Like a boss!

Lol, in all seriousness, I can imagine the cable clutter created by such a controller . Good luck sleeving .
    “Little expense had been spared to create the impression that no expense had been spared.” - Hitchhiker's Guide
    It's better to ask dumb questions now, than to look stupid later
    Mondays:

Xtreme Member
    Great work Martin!
    Mah Rig:

i7 970 @ 4.4Ghz
    6GB Gelid Perfect Storm
    Gigabyte UD5 Rev 2
    128GB Corsair Nova SSD
    Evga 470
    Corsair Obsidian 800D
    Corsair 1KW HX