Thread: New rad and cpu block, sugestions welcome

New rad and cpu block, sugestions welcome

I have sold my rad a Black Ice GTS 360 Lite and my cpu block EK Supreme HF full copper. Any suggestion for the replacement?? I have the idea to buy an XSPC RX360 Rad,but Im lost with the cpu block..

Xtreme Member
    According to Skinnes review the ek hf + indigo supreme is the best performing block.

But if you have to get a different block, Koolance 370, Swiftech XT rev2 , and Aquacomputer Kryos are in the top 4 along with the EK HF. The differences are within 2c, and often times within 1c. So they aren't statistically different.

Quote Originally Posted by avddreamr View Post
    According to Skinnes review the ek hf + indigo supreme is the best performing block.

But if you have to get a different block, Koolance 370, Swiftech XT rev2 , and Aquacomputer Kryos are in the top 4 along with the EK HF. The differences are within 2c, and often times within 1c. So they aren't statistically different.
    I was thinking in an ApogeeXT, koolance 370 or Kryos HF but i dont know what of this will be the best. In any even I can allways can come back again to an EK .

Xtreme Member
    For the radiator i think, there's no big diference between the rx 360 or other high end radiators.

Actually i have a black ice sr1 480 and i didn't notice any diference between my old phobya 480. In my opinion, just get the one you must like aesthetically.

And about the waterblock, then the kryos hf in my opinion should be the best one, i know that the swfitech one gets a better performance, but the diference in the real experiencie should be 0.

The koolance is good too, but about what i heard, the nickel coat of they aren't soo good.

Banned
    Im going with a Kryos HF myself, but I have previously owned all 4 top performing blocks.

EK- bland looks, terrible mounting system
    CPU-370- looks great, solid, easy to use mounting system
    Apogee XT- average looks, without a doubt best mounting system
    Kryos- similar mount to Koolance, miles ahead of EK system, excellent looks, solid feel.

Buying again? I'd get the Koolance or the swiftech I think. I'm going the Kryos as I got it cheap and it matches my aqua computer theme.

Quote Originally Posted by zeropluszero View Post
    Im going with a Kryos HF myself, but I have previously owned all 4 top performing blocks.

EK- bland looks, terrible mounting system
    CPU-370- looks great, solid, easy to use mounting system
    Apogee XT- average looks, without a doubt best mounting system
    Kryos- similar mount to Koolance, miles ahead of EK system, excellent looks, solid feel.

Buying again? I'd get the Koolance or the swiftech I think. I'm going the Kryos as I got it cheap and it matches my aqua computer theme.
    As you know 0+0, I like very much this Kryos ( quite expensive) , the thing with this block is the poor fittings options. I just have received from Enzotech a pair of rotary fittings ( 60º) and I guess ( not quite sure) , they will fitt in the block and permitt the use of 19/13 tube. In my opinion this is the main "con" vs this Kryos HF.

BTW, did you know the distance between the holes in the block?? center to center

Quote Originally Posted by ea3ot View Post
    BTW, did you know the distance between the holes in the block?? center to center
    That distance would be 23,75 mm.

Quote Originally Posted by mm67 View Post
    That distance would be 23,75 mm.
    Many thank for the info man. very helpfull

Last edited by ea3ot; 05-07-2011 at 05:21 AM.

Banned
    Depends which version you get. I have a "HF" model.

It just occurred to me that ive owned way too many waterblocks in my time.

Dtek fuzion v2, EK supreme, LT, HF, koolance cpu360, heatkiller 3.0, kryos, swiftech GTZ, XT....

Depends which version you get. I have a "HF" model.

It just occurred to me that ive owned way too many waterblocks in my time.

Dtek fuzion v2, EK supreme, LT, HF, koolance cpu360, heatkiller 3.0, kryos, swiftech GTZ, XT....
    Pro, XT and HF versions all share that 23,75 mm distance nowadays, only Delrin version uses narrower 20,5 mm distance. I also have that same HF version.

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by mm67 View Post
    Pro, XT and HF versions all share that 23,75 mm distance nowadays, only Delrin version uses narrower 20,5 mm distance. I also have that same HF version.
    I have a new Delrin that has the HF spacing.

Didn't know XT/Pro have also been updated to HF spacing, thanks.....will have to update my fitting compatibility charts.

Banned
    Ah vapor, where would we be without you?

oh yeh. We'd be rich

Ah vapor, where would we be without you?

oh yeh. We'd be rich
    Away from the little difference in perfomance, personally I like better the aesthetics of the Kryos first and the Koolance 370b but I guess the kryos HF have the same or a just a little bit better perfomance over the EK. My feelings are with Kryos but i don,t know if this is the more intelligent choise.

Xtreme Guru
    Speaking about block aesthetics imho best was CPU-360. 370 is close, but 360 also had center inlet .. well, symmetrically in center. Of course, performance gain of 370's and even biggest fitting compatibility still more then offsets such little flaw

Banned
    Yeh, I think your best option is what looks best, costs less and mounts better.

Xtreme Member
    Danger Den has a new block in the works from what I have heard. Looking forward to what they come up with .....