Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Computer Week May 1-7

Xtreme Legend
    Added One 2600K @4.8 online now but it only had 8hours Prime before I got restless ....Let's hope it works out

My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.
    79 SB threads and 32 IB Threads across 4 rigs 111 threads Crunching!!

Xtreme Mentor
    Got my 980x up and running within 30 mins, whats a safe max vcore and vtt for 24/7 use? Right now 4.5ghz 1.435vcore/1.35vtt on a H70.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by =[PULSAR]= View Post
    Got my 980x up and running within 30 mins, whats a safe max vcore and vtt for 24/7 use? Right now 4.5ghz 1.435vcore/1.35vtt on a H70.
    Id go with what movieman is running on his xeons
    keep both those at or under 1.35v for maximum longevity
    Cheers and kind regards

Intel Core i7 3960x | 3x Intel Core i7 980x | 3x Intel Core i7 920 | 2x Intel Core i7 2600k | 2x AMD opteron 6282 SE | 3x Asus Rampage II Extreme | 2x Asus Rampage III Extreme | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | 1x Gigabyte X58A-UD7 | 2x Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z | Asus KGPE-D16 | 3x 6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator 1600 Cl7 | 1x Patriot Viper II 6GB 2000 Cl8 | 3x Corsair Hx1000 | 4x Corsair Ax 1200 | 3x Antec 1200 | 4x Corsair Obsidian 800D | 2x Intel 80Gb G2 SSD | 4x Kingston HyperX 120GB | 2x Vertex 2 120GB | 2xWD 150GB Velociraptor + 1x WD 300GB Velociraptor +5TB | Msi Nvidia Gtx 295 | Msi Ati 4870x2 OC Edition | 2x Msi Ati 4890 OC Editions| 2x Sapphire Ati 5870's| Sapphire 5970 OC Edition | 2x Msi Gtx 460 | 3x Sapphire 6970 | 3x Asus Gtx 580 | 3x Asus 7970

Dual Xeon E5520 (8C/16T) switched to WCG today, starting to push out units now, will switch over 990x tomorrow.
    Asus Maximus VIII Ranger Z170 : Core i5-6600K : EVGA RTX2080 XC : 16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200 : 256Gb Crucial MX500 : Corsair H100i : PCP&C 750w 60A : CM Cosmos S : Windows 10 x64
    Asus Z8NA-D6 : Dual Xeon E5645 : 24Gb DDR3-1333 ECC : MSI GTX470 : 120Gb Samsung EVO 840 : 1TB HDD : PCP&C 750w 60A : CM Stacker : DD MC-TDX, EK-FC470, RX240+RX120, D5 X-Top, BayRes : VMware ESXi 6.7.0 - VM's - WCG crunchers x 5 (Ubuntu 18.04 LTS), Mint 19, Windows 10 Insider Preview
    Sophos XG 17.5.3 running on GA-Z97-Wifi : Core i3 : 8Gb DDR3-1600 : 120Gb SSD : Corsair H80
    BenQ GW2765, Aten 4-port KVM, Asustor AS5002 4Tb NAS, Belkin 1500va UPS, Sky Fibre Max 80/20Mbps

Xtreme Member
    Been a bit out of the picture lately, what with moving to Dallas, and trying to benchmark my electric bill. Last month was pretty cheap, so this month I'm gonna bring up as many machines as I can.

Thanks Fugger for sending out the mass mail!
    ==========================================
    XClio 1000, Gigabye GA-MA790XT-UD4P
    AMD Phenom II 955BE @3.2 GHz, Noctua NH-D14
    CORSAIR 950TX 950W, 4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600
    Sapphire 4850x2 CFX
    Win7 Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by stangracin3 View Post
    and the more i type the more BS comes out of my keyboard. LOL

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Everyone tell your friends and family.
    Lets pop the cherry on 20 million!
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme XIP

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    Everyone tell your friends and family.
    Lets pop the cherry on 20 million!
    Ill try to get my Mom's Laptop and brothers PCs involved , 20 million

Xtreme Cruncher
    In general the 980x voltage doesn't scale well. After a bunch of testing with voltages, speeds and wattage I've settled on 4.2Ghz, CPU 1.31v, VTT a 1.29v and CPU PLL a 1.48.
    Temps are not an issue as the CPU's run 49C-54C full load (fully WCed) but I don't see the value in running a bunch more volts and using 50watts+ more power for 2or3 hundred extra Mhz.
    After all this is an expensive CPU that will put out a ton of PPD for quite some time to come, best to keep it running within Intels specs.

Xtreme Member

supercomputer project

hi everyone just wanted to ask about starting the supercomputer project on the 1st / 7th.
    Do i just run wcg as normal but for 1 week solid and is there any time that i need to start my rig and also a certain project on wcg ie clean water/folding at home ect or does it not matter.
    Ps core i7 920@3.8ghz with ht will be running this
    thanks eveyone

Xtreme Cruncher
    All you have to do is download BOINC and attach to the WCG project. After that, just crunch the project(s) you most want to help, or all of them.

I would recommend signing up a few days early (say April 27th/28th) so that you can get through the queuing process and the pending units will clear within the time frame.

24 hour prime stable? Please, I'm 24/7/365 WCG stable!

So you can do Furmark, Can you Grid???

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by rubber5 View Post
    hi everyone just wanted to ask about starting the supercomputer project on the 1st / 7th.
    Do i just run wcg as normal but for 1 week solid and is there any time that i need to start my rig and also a certain project on wcg ie clean water/folding at home ect or does it not matter.
    Ps core i7 920@3.8ghz with ht will be running this
    thanks eveyone
    Install the Latest Stable BOINC client for your system. Run as a protected mode application and don't run the screen saver.
    Run only WCG projects, no GPU projects.
    Start crunching ASAP using a couple days of cache and multi quorum projects like HCC,CEP2,CMD2 then on Sunday change your projects to run single Quorum projects like HFCC,FAAH. This should result in attaining the most points for the week.
    Or you could download 7-10 days worth of single quorum Work Units, turn off network communications and let your computer crunch away this week. Then at the start of S.C. week start network communications and unleash all those completed work units to the WCG and get all the points from this week as well.
    This is only my third S.C. event so there may be better ideas out there??

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Otis11 View Post
    All you have to do is download BOINC and attach to the WCG project. After that, just crunch the project(s) you most want to help, or all of them.

I would recommend signing up a few days early (say April 27th/28th) so that you can get through the queuing process and the pending units will clear within the time frame.
    ok thanks for that just 1 thing
    i have alraedy setup boinc and im running wcg but it nor registerd with boinc will this matter as i can get my stats if you know what i meen see below for my stats to make sure im doing this right

http://boincstats.com/stats/user_gra...=wcg&id=681456

i have just checed this but its getting updated so maybe try it later and get back to me if you dont mind
    thanks

Xtreme Cruncher
    ok thanks for that just 1 thing
    i have alraedy setup boinc and im running wcg but it nor registerd with boinc will this matter as i can get my stats if you know what i meen see below for my stats to make sure im doing this right

http://boincstats.com/stats/user_gra...=wcg&id=681456

i have just checed this but its getting updated so maybe try it later and get back to me if you dont mind
    thanks
    Yeah, Johnmark knows how to play the game to shift points into that one week time window, but this will get the same total amount of work done.

Looking at your stats it looks like you've done this before... you haven't logged any points in the last week, but if you just re-setup today that's to be expected. Check back tonight and see if it has updated.

You can also log in here and see your stats. Although not as much detail, it's more up to date. Go to myGrid and on the bottom of the page you should see a bar chart with the points for each date.

24 hour prime stable? Please, I'm 24/7/365 WCG stable!

So you can do Furmark, Can you Grid???

Both my rigs CPU's are now running WCG, that is +25 cores as I will keep my FAH GPU's running so as not to flat-line my FAH score.
    Asus Maximus VIII Ranger Z170 : Core i5-6600K : EVGA RTX2080 XC : 16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200 : 256Gb Crucial MX500 : Corsair H100i : PCP&C 750w 60A : CM Cosmos S : Windows 10 x64
    Asus Z8NA-D6 : Dual Xeon E5645 : 24Gb DDR3-1333 ECC : MSI GTX470 : 120Gb Samsung EVO 840 : 1TB HDD : PCP&C 750w 60A : CM Stacker : DD MC-TDX, EK-FC470, RX240+RX120, D5 X-Top, BayRes : VMware ESXi 6.7.0 - VM's - WCG crunchers x 5 (Ubuntu 18.04 LTS), Mint 19, Windows 10 Insider Preview
    Sophos XG 17.5.3 running on GA-Z97-Wifi : Core i3 : 8Gb DDR3-1600 : 120Gb SSD : Corsair H80
    BenQ GW2765, Aten 4-port KVM, Asustor AS5002 4Tb NAS, Belkin 1500va UPS, Sky Fibre Max 80/20Mbps

I haz problem

Parents aren't gonna be around a good part of this week, so their PC is off. Meaning, whatever was in queue will have to wait until Monday to continue. I don't know if that will push any units over due or not. If they do, does BOINC automatically terminate past due units or does it crunch them anyway?

I have NO control over the computer from where I am. Usually, this isn't an issue, but for this it could be. I should have installed LogMeIn on the computer last time I was there so that I could log in and manually terminate past due units if necessary.

At least their computer is only a C2D e8500 so it isn't a giant producer. Heh, "only" an e8500, that used to be uber expensive and powerful in its day and to think I picked it up for free as it was in a PC that was thrown away
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Otis11 View Post
    Yeah, Johnmark knows how to play the game to shift points into that one week time window, but this will get the same total amount of work done.

Looking at your stats it looks like you've done this before... you haven't logged any points in the last week, but if you just re-setup today that's to be expected. Check back tonight and see if it has updated.

You can also log in here and see your stats. Although not as much detail, it's more up to date. Go to myGrid and on the bottom of the page you should see a bar chart with the points for each date.
    i know i have not done this for a while to be honnest my rig uses alot ov wattage and my mam and dad go mad when thay know im doing this for ages so i sometimes do a week at a time and give then some money towards the bill plus this is the only rig i have and its my gaming rig

my rig has
    gigabit ud5 rev 1
    core i7 920@3.8 ghz with ht on
    corsair 1600mhz running at 1520mhz (due to oc)
    corsair h50 cooler for cpu
    2x zotac gtx 470 sli
    coolermaster silent pro 850 watt psu

thinking about starting tomorrow for the project but taking one of the gpu's out to help with wattage
    here is a pic of my rig
    Last edited by rubber5; 04-26-2011 at 02:16 PM.

Xtreme Mentor
    I think we should start a farm pic thread for this week

Xtreme Member
    I think we should start a farm pic thread for this week
    i think so give some credit to the rigs doing all the work to help save lives
    what do you guys think

Xtreme Mentor

Xtreme Member
    moved my pics to the new thread now see what sort of rigs we get on eh lol

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnmark View Post
    Install the Latest Stable BOINC client for your system. Run as a protected mode application and don't run the screen saver.
    Run only WCG projects, no GPU projects.
    Start crunching ASAP using a couple days of cache and multi quorum projects like HCC,CEP2,CMD2 then on Sunday change your projects to run single Quorum projects like HFCC,FAAH. This should result in attaining the most points for the week.
    Or you could download 7-10 days worth of single quorum Work Units, turn off network communications and let your computer crunch away this week. Then at the start of S.C. week start network communications and unleash all those completed work units to the WCG and get all the points from this week as well.
    This is only my third S.C. event so there may be better ideas out there??
    hi there im really new to this so im not sure what you meen by multi quorum i will be starting 10 days of work tommorow afternoon and leaving it till the 5th and then upload all the results on the 6th at 10pm if that sounds ok but i have been doing the projecs on wcg so if there is a better project on wcg to run let me know as i will change my profile to do then workloads
    thanks for your help

Xtreme Cruncher
    hi there im really new to this so im not sure what you meen by multi quorum i will be starting 10 days of work tommorow afternoon and leaving it till the 5th and then upload all the results on the 6th at 10pm if that sounds ok but i have been doing the projecs on wcg so if there is a better project on wcg to run let me know as i will change my profile to do then workloads
    thanks for your help
    Basically at least one other computer/person needs to run the W.U. before the result is validated. So it takes more time to get your points for the W.U. that was uploaded to WCG. FAAH, HFCC, C4CW have a Quorum of 1, so once you've completed the W.U. your awarded your points.
    Conversely if you run Help Cure Cancer (HCC) which has a Quorum of 2 you won't get your points until the W.U. is uploaded to WCG and someone else completes that work unit as well. So if you were to go to WCG and look at your pending validation's you will see the work you completed that is waiting for someone else to complete before you are awarded points for the WU.

If your going to download 10 days of work then shut off the network communications as you indicated, then your best bet would be to run FAAH, HFCC or C4CW projects(check them off in your WCG profile). Then when you turn on Network comm. and all your W.U.'s get uploaded to WCG they will be validated much faster than projects that require a wingman (multi Quorum).

As Otis stated your computer doesn't do anymore work, it just a matter of when you get credited for the work. It's like putting points in the bank.

Xtreme Legend
    Nothing solid to go with just yet but it seems to me that from the rather low number of results tested so far the trend is for the single quorum projects to give only around 90% of the points but this varies with the rig running. A good mix might be the safest way to go

My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.
    79 SB threads and 32 IB Threads across 4 rigs 111 threads Crunching!!

Dave's Mentor!
    just bought a 2600k to join my 920 dave
    hopefully its makes it here before the 1st
    if not i'll put the 2500k to good use

maximus IV extreme gtx580
    gigabut p67-ud7
    p67 sabertooth
    2500k+2600k
    antec 1200watt
    EVGA classified 760
    920 Batch# 3849B018 4.985ghz@1.52v gtx285 ftw sli
    OCZ3RPR1866LV6GK hypers
    dfi ut p35 rampage extreme
    gigabut p35c-ds3r bios suks
    gigabut x38-d6q dead thank god
    ballistix 8500 1240mhz@2.02v

Xtreme crazy bastid
    Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    Nothing solid to go with just yet but it seems to me that from the rather low number of results tested so far the trend is for the single quorum projects to give only around 90% of the points but this varies with the rig running. A good mix might be the safest way to go
    It really varies quite a lot between rigs. Sossaman rigs on Linux get better credit on the clean water project than anything else, returning more than they claim, but their performance on clean energy work seems to be tied to how much RAM they have. Opteron rigs behave differently again as do Core 2 intel rigs.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast