Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: LittleDevil LD PC-V8 ATX/HPTX Watercoolig PC case with 10 expansion slots pic inside!

-100c Club Member
    Thanks guys.

@Thor Steinar: Dual PSU bracket is extra and it will cost more.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick[PC-Max] View Post
    But it would look even better, if the cables would be completely behind the motherboardtray .
    That is true

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Work: LittleDevil's SS Cases, LittleDevil's SS Worklog, LD CPU-R1 Dice/LNē Pots, LD GFX-R1 Dice/LNē Pots,
    LittleDevil LD PC-V10, LittleDevil's K-Type Temp Display, |EMAIL: ldphasechange@gmail.com

LD PC-V8 Watercooling Cases:
    LINK

LD PC-V8 ATX/HPTX Watercoolig PC case with 10 expansion slots: LINK NEW!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    www.ldcooling.com

Find US on Facebook

Xtreme Member
    just a litle push i am going to place my worklog here to ^^
    going to translate it from dutch (sow don't shoot me if my translation is of)

Also its a slow slow slow build ^^ But at least you can follow up the build
    proud to be from Belguim ^^

Lightpainting and hardware are my life!

Really like this case. Just a one question - is this possible to fit Black Ice 560 rad on the top of the case? Which modifications need to be done? Will this rad fit inside case? Need advice.
    Thanks!

-100c Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dmtry View Post
    Really like this case. Just a one question - is this possible to fit Black Ice 560 rad on the top of the case? Which modifications need to be done? Will this rad fit inside case? Need advice.
    Thanks!
    Hi, thanks!

You can cut top of the case to install 560mm rad there and than use some grils, but I recomend to use 480mm rads and you don't need to do anything.

Kind Regards
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Work: LittleDevil's SS Cases, LittleDevil's SS Worklog, LD CPU-R1 Dice/LNē Pots, LD GFX-R1 Dice/LNē Pots,
    LittleDevil LD PC-V10, LittleDevil's K-Type Temp Display, |EMAIL: ldphasechange@gmail.com

LINK

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    www.ldcooling.com

Find US on Facebook

Xtreme Guru
    LD: but don't you think that small redesign at very least of top should be done? (screw holes for both 120 & 140mm rads and radgrill holes big enough for later)? This way it should fit both at least for top rad (though at least radgrill holes for bottom rad might be nice to see for bigger rads too. Afterall, one of marketed points of this case is - no modding needed and it IS big enough?). This is not the first time i've seen asked about 140mm rad compatibility for your cases.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDevil View Post
    Hi, thanks!

You can cut top of the case to install 560mm rad there and than use some grils, but I recomend to use 480mm rads and you don't need to do anything.

Kind Regards
    Thanks for reply.
    I have 560 rad already, and I like to use it in my setup. So it can be great to have a case which can fit it. And I see that dimensions of your case allow to fit it inside. If I will use 480 rads I can find a lot of options, but if I want to use 560 rad - there are only two or three available models on the market. Even with your case - it is possible to fit it inside, but you don't want to make a needed tuning for it.
    With optimism!
    Last edited by dmtry; 04-29-2011 at 01:23 AM.

-100c Club Member
    @churchy: There was a few requests about 140mm rads, but you need to know, that if I want to get good price I need to order alot of cases at once. If there will be more requests in the future, I will think about case.

@dmtry:The only way to install 560mm radiator is to cut top of the case, install 560mm radiator and use some 560mm gril on them.

Also with 560mm radiator all 5.25 bays will be blocked.

Kind Regards

LINK

www.ldcooling.com

Find US on Facebook

I am selling my ld v8, not satisfied with it.

+
    The window, its absolutely stunning.
    Takes 3 quadrads inside with no hassle
    Kabel management possibilities are very good like 9/10

-
    Thin aluminium used.
    Soldered on fan mounts, lacks comptabilty with some 140mm fans.
    You still need to buy dust filters
    Price, its way way way overpriced
    You basically buy the biggest case out there, yet only room for 5 harddrives. More hd's will either cost (even more) money or needs modding.
    Mine was delivered without kabeling/pci slot covers and ty rubber feet
    And by far the most annoying thing about it,is getting into the case itself. You need to unscrew a dozen screws per panel ( there 4) and it just takes so much time and effort. (and the tool which you need for the screwes doesnt come with it)

In the end, this case is a worse moneysink then watercooling itself.
    Oww well it was worth a try, to bad it was such a big fail for me.
    My hardware changes to fast and to much to keep a sig up to date. I just gave up on the idea.

@dmtry:The only way to install 560mm radiator is to cut top of the case, install 560mm radiator and use some 560mm gril on them.
    Also with 560mm radiator all 5.25 bays will be blocked.
    So this is not a variant at all. Thanks for explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by neonatas View Post
    I am selling my ld v8, not satisfied with it.
    Thanks for this overview

Whoa what a negative review...

On some points yes the screws for sidepanel removal and rubber feat are not the highlights, but:

"Thin alu used" ??

I dont know, I have owned Lian Li and silverstone alu case but for example the LD sidepanels are thick and heavy (which might be the reason there are a number of screws to keep them in place...)

Which full tower case can fit three quads with ease?

Yes there are only 5 HDD bays but again the build quality + cable management is very good. Maybe LD can update with an additional optional HDD cage in the next revision?
    Asus R3E, 950@4.2Ghz w/ EK HF Nickel block, GTX580 w/ EK Plexi-Nickel fullcoverblock/EK black backplate, 3x2Gb Corsair Dominator GT w/ MIPS Nickel-POM RAM cooler, OCZ Vertex 2 60GB (OS), WD Black 2TB (Games), WD Black 1TB (Data), 2 MCP355 using EK dual DDC top, 2x HWLabs SR-1 480 RAD with Typhoons in Black Little Devil PC-V8 case

Okay its a fantastic case as said...just installed the third SR1-480 and I am ver satisifed. Overall compared to my previous Lili 7010 with triple feser + RX240 CPU temps have improved by 12degree (!) (feser was setup as exhaust though in previous case)

Just one grumble, intended to change the 140mm front intake fan but if want to do so need to remove all the CD drives + HDD's + HDD cage (at leats one side).

I think it would be more practical to change the fixed screws to simple holes in a future case revision.
    Asus R3E, 950@4.2Ghz w/ EK HF Nickel block, GTX580 w/ EK Plexi-Nickel fullcoverblock/EK black backplate, 3x2Gb Corsair Dominator GT w/ MIPS Nickel-POM RAM cooler, OCZ Vertex 2 60GB (OS), WD Black 2TB (Games), WD Black 1TB (Data), 2 MCP355 using EK dual DDC top, 2x HWLabs SR-1 480 RAD with Typhoons in Black Little Devil PC-V8 case

-100c Club Member
    Good and bad comments are always welcome.

@neonatas: I really don't know what do you mean with "Thin aluminium used."? Case is made of 1.5mm and 2.0mm aluminium and it is really strong compared to other cases I saw.
    About front 140mm fans, first versions had some fitting issue, because shorter screws were welded into the body and It wasn't possible to mount all 140mm fans in the market, but that issue is now fixed. I didn't write anywhere that dust filters and PCI covers are included, and yes you need to buy them.
    I don't really think that case is overpriced if you look size of it and compatibility (SR2, 3 x 480mm rads....etc).
    Case/side panels are really big, that's why so many screws is used. All accesories are included except Torx T8 to unscrew side panel screws, but I think most people have it.

I really hope that you will sell it soon and get case which will fill your needs.

Kind Regards

LINK

www.ldcooling.com

Find US on Facebook

-100c Club Member
    If someone need or is interested in case with more HDD's, we are working on the same case which will have place for additionla 15 HDD's in the bottom, (so 20 in total + 8 x SSD) but It won't be possible to use watercooling in the bottom area. It will be possible to install 480mm radiator on the top of the case and water pump under PSU.

Kind Regards

LINK

www.ldcooling.com

Find US on Facebook

Xtreme Guru
    LD: why not place extra HDD enclosures above middle floor?

-100c Club Member
    Red:

Kind Regards

LINK

www.ldcooling.com

Find US on Facebook

show us the small one :P

Good and bad comments are always welcome.

@neonatas: I really don't know what do you mean with "Thin aluminium used."? Case is made of 1.5mm and 2.0mm aluminium and it is really strong compared to other cases I saw.
    About front 140mm fans, first versions had some fitting issue, because shorter screws were welded into the body and It wasn't possible to mount all 140mm fans in the market, but that issue is now fixed. I didn't write anywhere that dust filters and PCI covers are included, and yes you need to buy them.
    I don't really think that case is overpriced if you look size of it and compatibility (SR2, 3 x 480mm rads....etc).
    Case/side panels are really big, that's why so many screws is used. All accesories are included except Torx T8 to unscrew side panel screws, but I think most people have it.

I really hope that you will sell it soon and get case which will fill your needs.

Kind Regards
    The comment about thin allu used, is when you fully load the case up with hardware, and then try to move the case without the sidepanels attached to it. (fex with maintance) Try it

Its overpriced, because you still need to buy alot of stuff to use it properly. The case doesnt cost 420 euro's it costs arround 500. Getting dangerously close to the price tag of the tj11.

The screws system it self is the problem if you want to acces your hardware. ones or twice is doable, then it gets very annoying (my opinion)

Its not fun to buy tools when you buy a case thats this expensiive, doing argue this, its insane.
    But i also put some good points in my short review. I am not here to flame, just giving feedback.

And i got a first revision of your case, not your latest shinny updated rivision.

And it gone tomorrow,if all goes well. Bought a lian-li and i am happy again
    My hardware changes to fast and to much to keep a sig up to date. I just gave up on the idea.

-100c Club Member
    Last edited by LittleDevil; 06-06-2011 at 11:50 PM.

LINK

www.ldcooling.com

Find US on Facebook

I am Xtreme
    Very nice change! Should make cable management a lot easier.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Nice solution .

Xtreme Member
    Can't describe with words

I'm in love

Xtreme Enthusiast
    LD : your cases AND your support rock!!! period

Xtreme Member
    In the grand scheme of things, this case is going to be for some users and not for others.

But, most users who buy this case are into tweaking "everything" and probably would not have the dust filters, feet, etc, because they are going to customize it even further once the case arrives.

So it would be more stuff to sit around for them because they like to use certain brands of materials because they like their performance.

From the pictures I've seen on this page, it's pretty obvious that the screws are going to have to be removed everytime the user wants to access the PC, so unless the user can't live with have panels off while working on it, that's going to be how it is at this time.

I agree it would be nice if it could incorporate a thumb-screw design that most new cases have today. I'm not sure what the drawbacks would be compared to the current design.

Xtreme Member
    LD,

I was working on my build a litle bit today and I noticed I had probems when placing the motherboard spacers...

To be correct they don't fit... I could try and force them but I think there must be something that I am missing
    proud to be from Belguim ^^

Lightpainting and hardware are my life!

-100c Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelke View Post
    LD,

I was working on my build a litle bit today and I noticed I had probems when placing the motherboard spacers...

To be correct they don't fit... I could try and force them but I think there must be something that I am missing
    On the picture are standoffs with 6/32 thread, on my cases have M3 threads. M3 Standoff's are included.

Kind Regards
    Last edited by LittleDevil; 06-20-2011 at 09:58 PM.

LINK

www.ldcooling.com

Find US on Facebook

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast