Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Team.AU] Benching weekend with the boys, lots of OC, records and fun

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    hehe yeah we are just as excited as you bro

you will probably faint when you see this image of where we all gathered from

The LN2 bill was around $1300 i forget, Gigabyte paid for LN2

did gigabyte pay for airfare and rent the apt for you guys? was this on gigabytes bill or your own?
    I thought it was all on your own. Its still awesome. I wish we could get it together in the USA like this. I know chew, msi max and dumo are close to me. btw. that orange and black board is the coolest looking board Ive seen since sapphire did the 939 ati chipset white pcb board.

Last edited by trans am; 03-30-2011 at 06:42 PM.

Xtreme Legend
    TeamAU members paid for their travel etc mate, brought in most of their own gear

you guys can easily do this in USA especially if you can drive over and bench at someone's place, i know Mike (yellowbeard) did a few gatherings at his place before with local OCers which is awesome. Im sure you can get companies to sponsor some gear or LN or something. I work for GBT Australia so i can sometimes help with LN2 or some hardware, i love these OC get togethers
    Last edited by dinos22; 03-30-2011 at 07:02 PM.
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Guru
    TeamAU members paid for their travel etc mate, brought in most of their own gear
    so you guys made this all happen on your own?!! Truly Amazing.

the benches mean nothing compared to this. holy crap! You guys couldve made the most amazing documentary from all of this.
    FACK! this is pure gold. dino the next time something like this happens you need to get all the cameras going right from the 1st phone call to getting the ln2 to fester passing out from all the rum.
    its a movie waiting to happen. There has never been a feature film about the black art of overclocking. there are so many hollywood productions about hacking but there has never been anything on the hardware side.
    its my dream to produce a movie about extreme overclocking. I think it would freak everyone out and this wouldve been the perfect situation.

a bunch of personalities from all over the place meeting in one place with a ton of hdwr and 500l of ln2. imagine the possibilities on the big screen.
    Last edited by trans am; 03-30-2011 at 06:57 PM.

Xtreme Legend
    Gigabyte made a white version too mate but it's not very good for extreme OC

read this article

http://gigabytedaily.blogspot.com/20...erclocker.html

Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by trans am View Post
    so you guys made this all happen on your own?!! Truly Amazing.

the benches mean nothing compared to this. holy crap! You guys couldve made the most amazing documentary from all of this.
    FACK! this is pure gold. dino the next time something like this happens you need to get all the cameras going right from the 1st phone call to getting the ln2 to fester passing out from all the rum.
    its a movie waiting to happen. There has never been a feature film about the black art of overclocking. there are so many hollywood productions about hacking but there has never been anything on the hardware side.
    its my dream to produce a movie about extreme overclocking. I think it would freak everyone out and this wouldve been the perfect situation.

a bunch of personalities from all over the place meeting in one place with a ton of hdwr and 500l of ln2. imagine the possibilities on the big screen.
    haha awesome yeah dude that would be the
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

Xtreme Guru

read this article

if you look back way back I was the one that came up with the white pcb idea. it was back in the bullhead days and I was involved with the ati dudes and told them to do the white pcb. a few months after the thread Sapphire came out with that white board but it died as fast as its birth because that ati chipset was at its most mature stage and then the nf4 lanparty ultra-D came out and it was lost in history. I hope some day one of the board designers brings us an all white pcb with white slots aimed at extreme overclocking. call it the "snow blind 420x" or something. I have been so unispired to bench this year. Last year I was so into i3 and just got my ln2 dewar and it was so exciting. this year is a different story. sandy bridge's inability to scale with extreme temps and no new AMD tech has me just playing bf2 PR mod and doing beers. I have a gemini and only used it once. its that pathetic. I just got lost somewhere after the nov hw bot contest and i havent refilled the dewar since. I needed you guys to get me inspired to bench again. Seeing all of you in the videos having a blast and talking trash and just having fun makes me so envious. this is everyones dream bench scenario. just a big party with everyone at their best. You see so many threads with "I got new gskil ram that does 7-xxx at 1200 or "my 32nd sandy 2600 chip" or I flashed my 6950 to a 6870 and im awesome now." or "waiting for bulldozer to come out thread" its all horse crap and makes me want to log out. then you see a thread like this and it reminds you that there are still dudes out there that are on the same page and got it together and say "screw this crap! we are gonna have fun and oc the way its meant to be and uncle fester is gonna get trashed and pass out and we are gonna keep going until we blow through $1300 of ln2!!" lets face it brothers. ...what the AU boys did is everyones dream oc session.

I am Xtreme
    you did come up with white PCb i remember lol

Turkey Man
    Some of us paid upto $1000 each to be there (I flew in from Jakarta, bob(nz) from Kuala Lumpur, Deanzo from Christchurch) so yeah I agree it was a tremendous effort and well coordinated.
    I have a number of high quality videos taken throughout the weekend.

Xtreme Guru
    Tim I am downloading the vids from Dino right now. this is awesome! you guys are having a blast! the money was well spent.

I am Xtreme
    Dedication to the sport - no question.

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?

read this article

Umm. That is sickness. I can't think of the last time a motherboard I was using subzero had PCB that was visible that COULD get water on it. Sure, the bottom right corner around the ICH wasn't covered but everything around the socket and the PCIe slots are covered in vaseline and paper towel. You guys should make a special run of the X58A-OC in white without the gargantuan NB heatsink.

I am Xtreme
    i think it was more of a reference to the white being stained.

Xtreme Legend
    not everyone uses kneaded eraser. PCB definitely gets stained
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

Xtreme Member
    Great effort guy's, with some excellent results

Xtreme Legend
    Hey Ben

would be good to do this in Melbourne once so we can hang out with king of ghetto phase change
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12