Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Team.AU] Benching weekend with the boys, lots of OC, records and fun

Xtreme Legend

Talking [Team.AU] Benching weekend with the boys, lots of OC, records and fun

TeamAU boys, deanzo, T_M, dinos22, youngpro, unclefester and bob(nz) got together a week ago and did some benching with lots of different hardware. 500L of LN2 was on tap in the basement.

I've put together a bunch of scores, photos and videos with us having some fun. Hope ya like it

Main Hardware setup:
    • GIGABYTE X58A-OC (006 bios)
    • GIGABYTE X58A-UD9 (GOOC bios)
    • Intel Core i7 990X
    • Corsair Dominator GTX2 Hypers
    • Kingpin Gemini+F1EE & Harshal Astra
    • GIGABYTE GTX580 reference for 4way
    • Asus DirectCU2 (for singles and duals)
    • GIGABYTE 5870 GPUs (multicard)
    • Antec TP1200
    • 2x Corsair AX1200
    • Windows Vista 32bit/XP/7

The crew (dinos22, deanzo, youngpro, bob(nz), UncleFister & T_M behind the camera)

dinos22, deanzo, youngpro (the corporate type), T_M's GF & T_M (the playa)

3DMARK05: 57,705 (fastest dual card 05)

Deanzo, T_M, dinos22 & bob(nz) benching. We struggled a bit with the dual cards as we really just started learning how to clock these CU2s. We even backed off on CPU OC just in case but it turned out that one of the 580s had issues with high vmem speeds (ie 2400 or more lol) but the result was very satisfactory for us regardless as we cracked the record and got a nice GT3 as well

This made it onto the livestream as well, listen to the scream after the score pops up . In our defence it takes a while to actually learn how to get these GPUs going and to finally see it come off was a good reward. Would have been nice to pre-test GPUs before we get together but it wasn't possible. There is always next time

The GIGABYTE X58A-OC board and my chip were humming along all weekend at its 6.5GHz duties

click on it to view...

3DMARK05: 56,972 (4th fastest single GPU)

Deanzo and T_M benching single GTX580 at 1500 core with my OC board doing its thing

We've also got a 57,040 score in pre-testing so there is more in this one. Hopefully bob(nz) can give his setup a big push soon as his card was promising (must have slipped through andre yangs binning fingers and made it into retail packaging hahah)

Maybe Andre can spot the odd one out (purchased retail from USA)

3DMARK05: 59,040 (3rd fastest overall multicard 05)

Youngpro, dinos22 and bob(nz) benching this time round. Good bench session, will try more in future

4way crossfire at 6.5GHz, sure no probrem says OC board

3DMARK05: 57,475 (fastest 3xGPU 05)

Youngpro and Uncle Fister benching for this round with James' setup. His CPU gave in and never came back unfortunately, it will be missed as that chip was the best we had. Enjoy the silicone heaven dude

Aquamark3: 459,738 (fastest 3xGPU AM3)

Youngpro and Uncle Fister benching for this round with James' setup.

3DMARK03: 219,316 (4th fastest multicard 03)

Youngpro, bob(nz) and dinos22 benching 4way on the last day just for giggles with some reference GPUs (i just wanted to do one quick sort of run as i was too lazy to insulate the setup properly and ended up trying making it colder but didnt see the lake that formed underneath the last couple of cards and the instability explained itself after stopping the bench. Hopefully nothing died but havent had a chance to check just yet .

OK now for some more fun. Let's start with livestream first

We've got some videos saved on the livestream account www.livestream.com/dinos22

Balcony benching (click on image to watch...)

We had 15 people watching Uncle Fester sleeping on front page of hwbot
    http://livestre.am/FrBK

5hour long livestream with morning preps to some benching eventually and lots of talking shyte etc

click on it to view...

Petri inspired us to "polish a pole" (music inspired by our idol Tapakah)

Did i mention deanzo is evil . We gave him and bob(nz) a hard time about their weird accent all weekend but they are two of the best blokes you can find and could not get cheesed off no matter what

I first want to say that massman is a thief and a copy cat using our grid girls as his wallpaper in a livestream run simultaneously during our weekend

So we had to use a different wallpaper and how enjoyable was it to bench seriously. Maybe this is why we forgot about condensation during the 4way SLI benching session

Dinos22 getting excited about seeing 500L of LN2

We stayed in a nice serviced apartment in Adelaide right across the swimming pool on the same floor. It got a little wild there on sunday night with some grid girls taking their tops off etc etc. The livestream mysteriously crashed and we lost the video

Lots of people benching requires some organisation to prevent the outbreak of scatterbenching. We finally curbed it (a bit)

She was greased up and ready to go, doing some checks before final mount

Few shots of the setup and guys messing around

T_M the resident comedian provided some silver service to our 57.7K dual card run. He was well protected in the next shot and i think even Petri would be envious of that koala glove

Next event is in the pipeline already, can't wait to do it all over again. OCing is fun!
    Last edited by dinos22; 03-28-2011 at 09:29 PM.
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Wow, amazing.
    Nice work you great
    NAMEGT- Xtremesystems

http://www.playwares.com

Nice Hardware!!!
    That was a great show!
    Where is my package with koala gloves..I need to have them!
    You are as good as your samples are!

Xtreme Member
    WOW Great Job Guys.

I love this Mother Board X58A-OC
    "We Overclock and Crunch you to the Ground" - DDTUNG

ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
    Intel Core i7 3960X @ 4.0GHz HT 1.2V - On Water
    4x8GB ADATA XPG V2@ 2800 12-14-14-35 1T
    2x ADATA SSD XPG SX900 256GB RAID0
    2x Seagate 2TB
    SLI GTX 680 by ASUS
    Seasonic Extreme 1250 Watts
    Solid Tech-Station - Cosmos II
    Z5500 Sound Speakers

Xtreme Legend
    thanks guys

Petri when you come over this way we will buy you a giant one for sure dude

oh man i am laughing my arse off. I posted a thread on OCAU (aussie forum) and one dude puts up a photo he took of the balcony we were benching on . What a coincidence hahah

Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

Xtreme Member
    Nice benching crazy guys...

24/7 Rig: AMD Athlon II 450 - MSI 760GM E51- 8GB 1600MHz Gskill RipjawsX- Nvidia GTX260 - OCZ Vertex2 60GB - Seagate 640GB - Antec Quattro 1200W - Samsung T220
    Bench Rig: Intel Core i7 3770K - Asus Maximus IV Extreme - 4GB 2000MHz Corsair Dominator GT - 2x Nvidia GTX260 - Intel Postville 40GB - WD VelociRaptor 36GB - Antec Quattro 1200W

PIfection
    LOL so did someone take the turkey hat home? i hope it didnt go to waste..

BTW Pete, Andre wants his card back!

I am Xtreme
    Nice work lads!
    Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

Turkey Man
    Turkey Man retained his hat and will use it at the next "funny hats" party he attends

Did anyone get a photo of our elaborate monitor mounting system in the lounge room?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Shew no naked Aussies this time. Very nice benching Team AU.

Xtreme Addict
    great benchers with great hardware

Team ODOC
    Nice bench session and results

Looks like you guys had good fun benching
    The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was

Xtreme Member
    Top job guys well done. Cool pics as wlel =D
    CPU: i7-2600K||Sabertooth Z77|DDR3 16GB CL9 1866Mhz|GTX 580|SSD: Corsair Force 180GB|Blog: Jack-Brennan.com|Twitter: JBTechSec

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Nice report and very nice scores!

Seems that you guys have a lot of fun!

Turkey Man

-100C Club Member
    Great benching guys, the live stream was awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
    sorry to hear about the dead cards, but.. If stuff ain't dieing, you aren't trying.

נְפִילִים

I am Xtreme
    excellent job guys! very great scores, i am jealous to say the least.

Xtreme Member
    Great! Seems you've had more fan.
    Cool building )

Forgive for my English because I only learn it

Xtreme Member
    good job guys keep pushing

Xtreme Guru
    you guys almost forgot the AU team theme song.. fester passed out on the bed..priceless. my fav oc team. you guys are the raddest.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHdUaBfTnYU (sorry its not bon scott but then again..look at the crowd)
    Last edited by trans am; 03-30-2011 at 05:20 PM.

Xtreme Legend
    dayum you are right

need to make a video with that song
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    dayum you are right

need to make a video with that song
    Deener, If you could upload those vids to the AU team channel on youtube for me i can save the streams and make a rock video. I cant save the embedded urls from livestream. but I can for youtube.
    upload those to your personal youtube dinos channel or get them on the AU youtube channel. I have some great ideas for a video.
    500L of Ln2
    AU dudes are the perfect example of how benching should be.

where exactly were you guys benching and how did this all happen? You guys are all spread out as as far as I know its not easy to get everyone in one location?
    I dont know where all you guys are from so can you save this map image and show us where you benched and where everyone came from?
    Man this wouldve been a great OC documentary.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by trans am; 03-30-2011 at 05:52 PM.

Xtreme Legend
    sure mate i have some stuff from pete but just waiting to get 720p, we didnt do much videos though
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

Xtreme Guru
    dino look at the map I revised in my previous post and show us where everyone lives and where you guys benched. how did this whole thing happen?
    was there some other event in AU that got everyone together or was it just for benching? what amazes me more than the benches is how you got everyone together in one place. then 500L of Ln2?? that is a huge amount of Ln2. I have a 35L taylor wharton xt dewar and it takes up a quarter of my NYC apt. that would be like having 14 of my 35l dewars in one location. It costs me $70 to fill that 35l dewar at 2.00 a liter. if I filled 14 35l dewars it would cost $1000.00!!!

There is so much more to this thread than there is.

you have 6 crazy australians with $1000 worth of ln2 that got together in one place that live hundreds of miles apart for one weekend of heavy benching and benched on the following hdwr

GIGABYTE X58A-OC (006 bios)
    GIGABYTE X58A-UD9 (GOOC bios)
    Intel Core i7 990X
    Corsair Dominator GTX2 Hypers
    Kingpin Gemini+F1EE & Harshal Astra
    GIGABYTE GTX580 reference for 4way
    Asus DirectCU2 (for singles and duals)
    GIGABYTE 5870 GPUs (multicard)
    Antec TP1200
    2x Corsair AX1200
    Windows Vista 32bit/XP/7

no wonder fester passed out. I'm about to pass out just thinking about it. I'm scratching my head wondering why this thread doesnt have more members posting. this is a huge deal if you think about it. The logistics and getting everyone together to bench. If anyone has ever tried to organize a bunch of benchers to meet in one private bench session. Im not talking msi contest in las vegas. Im talking about gathering some dudes that live very far from eachother and getting everyone to commit to doing it. it rarely happens. its why AU team is what it is. those dudes are dedicated. I hope in the future we can get an xs bench meetup section that is organized and people can get together in one area that live in driving distance from eachother and we can have more posts like this. I remember some website called lanparty meetups or something where kids get together in a church basement and nerd out for a night. We need something like that on xs except for mature benchers that want to party and bench. Is there some way there is a program like google earth that all xs members can mark their location and you can see where everyone is? like a big map of the world you can see everyones location? there has to be something like that we can incorporate into xs or hwbot. like a geodatabase of overclockers/teams/ members
    Last edited by trans am; 03-30-2011 at 06:26 PM.

Xtreme Legend
    hehe yeah we are just as excited as you bro

you will probably faint when you see this image of where we all gathered from

The LN2 bill was around $1300 i forget, Gigabyte paid for LN2

Last edited by dinos22; 03-30-2011 at 06:28 PM.
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast