Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Swiftech to release optional HSF for MCP35. pumps

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zads View Post

Looks like its MCP350 (non-PWM) with the 35X top, right?
    Pretty much. equivalent to the MCP350 in pressure, but with much better flow characteristics.

I like to see it more as a "MCP35X @ 50% PWM".

Last edited by stephenswiftech; 05-09-2011 at 06:26 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    gabe: simply wow
    With price dropped i see NO reason to get other DDC varieties anymore*. Heck, at same or lower price better top & pwm for free? Humans love freebies

* Except those rare who care about not loosing warranty and using bayrestops.
    This one is not PWM regulated. The MCP350 (or a 35X @ 50%!) is very, very quiet already.
    And we wouldn't be able to offer such a price if PWM was included
    Last edited by stephenswiftech; 05-09-2011 at 06:21 PM.

Xtreme Guru
    stephen: I noted price regarding "MSRP of the MCP35X dropped to $99.9" , though 35B being priced even lower then 350 even while having new top is wonderful aswell.
    15$ imho is reasonable premium for PWM, even in cases if enhanced top is not used.
    Last edited by Church; 05-09-2011 at 06:31 PM.

it's summer time, my mcp35x always run at 100% after turn on few minutes
    there seems a temperture sensor inside the pump, it will run at full speed if the pump internal temperature is over a predefined value. No response to the pwm control from the motherboard at this situation.
    Anybody can help to confirm it?
    This heatsink seems the only way to restore the PWM control feature

Xtreme Guru
    Sounds wierd. Somehow doubt it. I suspect rather it's not some sensor in pump, but rather higher ambient temps > higher resulting cpu temps > above set temp threshold for min rpms. I'm guessing you should be able to tune temp tresholds how pwm should act. Pump's heatsink in this case will do nothing to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    Sounds wierd. Somehow doubt it. I suspect rather it's not some sensor in pump, but rather higher ambient temps > higher resulting cpu temps > above set temp threshold for min rpms. I'm guessing you should be able to tune temp tresholds how pwm should act. Pump's heatsink in this case will do nothing to change that.
    I used oscilloscope to check the PWM wire, it's 60% duty cycle but the pump run at full speed.
    When I use a fan to blow the pump for a few minutes, it reduced speed and under motherboard pwm control again.
    hope there are mcp35x user can help to confirm
    Last edited by wizard1238; 05-14-2011 at 01:05 AM.

Banned
    I can only confirm that when the PWM duty is at 60% the pump runs at full speed no matter the temperature. That's your issue. The PWM curve doesn't scale from 0-100% in a linear fashion.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    That's what I got too, here is the PWM to RPM response that I got using a Gigabyte board and Easytune 6.

35% is really about 1/2 power.

I guess it probably depends on the motherboard and software used too.

Banned
    It also responds the same when hooked up to an Aquaero 5 (XT/PRO) using the PWM header which I have it running under currently.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wizard1238 View Post
    it's summer time, my mcp35x always run at 100% after turn on few minutes
    there seems a temperture sensor inside the pump, it will run at full speed if the pump internal temperature is over a predefined value. No response to the pwm control from the motherboard at this situation.
    Anybody can help to confirm it?
    This heatsink seems the only way to restore the PWM control feature
    When I performed the validation testing for the MCP35X-HS I've had a MCP35X run at >50 C (pump back panel) for several hours @ 100 % PWM. Data was logged for the whole duration of the test and it never throttled down.

Prior to that I did some validation testing at high coolant temperature (> 50 C) and it didn't throttle down either - the actual pump temperature (back panel) wasn't recorded but at this coolant temperature it was likely > 60 C.

I am thinking your CPU temperature might have been high enough to increase the PWM response. After all, easytune6, fan Xpert, etc are actual "temperature controller" reading CPU temps and increasing PWM accordingly. Maybe what you experienced was just that? If it's still happening right now, can you give me your easytune6, fanxpert, bios settings and and your current cpu temps?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234