Thread: Something's wrong with one of my aquaeros

Xtreme Member

Something's wrong with one of my aquaeros

I have two aquaeros, one per loop. I wanted to try out a new fan this morning so I connected it to one of the fan connectors of one of the aquaeros. So far so good. The fan didn't start, so I went into the Aquasuite to setup the fan and associate it with the ambient temp sensor.

As soon as I did that, the aquaero stopped functionning. The fan itself works normally, but the aquaero is not recognized anymore either by the Aquasuite software of the device manager.

I tried restarting, desconnecting the aquaero USB connector, desactivating and activating again the aquaero, but nothing works.

The aquaero is powered up, there is nothing unusual with it, except it doesn't work.

Not sure what to do, it doesn't look damaged in any way, it just won't be recognized

Any ideas?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bundymania View Post
    Pls try 2nd USB connector and complete new install of the aquasuite software
    I have just tried that now and it still isn't recognised. Maybe it's the on board memory and something got corrupted. Is this possible? And is there a way to reset it?

I seems impossible that connecting a working fan would kill the Aquaero.

Did you hotplug the fan?

If yes, thats most likely the source of your problem

The AE does not like that very much

Xtreme Member
    Yes I did... And not for the first time. Never had a problem before.

So what now? Is there a way to sort this out?

Thanks for the heads up, I won't do it again

Aqua Computer Rep
    Try a reset: shut down the system, press and hold the set button, start the system again and wait for the eeprom reset confirmation in the display. Afterwards you can release the button and try your luck again. If it still does not work it is likely that the USB interface got damaged. To check that I would recommend to test the aquaero with another PC.
    Got a question or having a problem with your Aqua Computer product?
    Contact us via PM or E-Mail.

Xtreme Guru
    Shoggy: out of curiosity, what happens with powered from aquaero devices during reset? They stop or run at full 12V? And how it's with AA5 in this regard?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoggy View Post
    Try a reset: shut down the system, press and hold the set button, start the system again and wait for the eeprom reset confirmation in the display. Afterwards you can release the button and try your luck again. If it still does not work it is likely that the USB interface got damaged. To check that I would recommend to test the aquaero with another PC.
    I don't have a display, both Aquaeros are LT. But I did it anyway and no change at all. Does this mean that it's dead ?

If it is, can it be repaired?

Aqua Computer Rep
    It also works the same with LT. Just press and hold the key for around three seconds so you can be sure the device has been reset. If it still does not work it is very likely that the USB interface or maybe the CPU got damaged. Maybe possible to repair.

@churchy: on aquaero 4.00 the fan channels are set to 100% while on aquaero 5 nothing will happen (0%) because of its completely different controlling structure.
    Got a question or having a problem with your Aqua Computer product?
    Contact us via PM or E-Mail.