Thread: Looking for a new mobo, advice needed

Banned

Looking for a new mobo, advice needed

I almost have enough spare PC and water cooling parts to build a second i7 920 rig. For my second rig, I am missing only a motherboard. What I would like to do is use my Asus PT6 Deluxe V2 in my new rig and update my currents rig’s motherboard. The PT6 Deluxe V2 is water cooled (chipset and mosfets), and I believe that my Thermaltake Armor+ with multiple radiators will better accommodate the tight tubing connections created by the individual mosfets, then my single radiator setup in my Corsair Obsidian. I am looking to spend around 300 USD just for the motherboard. I would like to water cool the new board (even though it is not needed) and looking for the block to be full coverage, no individual mostfet blocks. My problem- with my tight budget, I am having difficulty choosing (or even finding) a motherboard with simplistic full coverage block. Anyone have any motherboards they would like to suggest?

I am Xtreme
    The ASUS REIII GENE fits your budget and EK makes a MB block for it.

Banned
    That board was my first choice- but then I heard a rumor that EK pulled the plug on the block because it would sometimes cause the board not to boot. Not sure if that is true, but EK does not list the product on their compatibility site.

I am Xtreme
    The RIIIE Formula works and Koolance makes a MB block for it.