Thread: D-Tek Fusion WB still considered good??

NREMT-I

D-Tek Fusion WB still considered good??

I have a D-Tek Fusion block that has been un-used for about 2 years now, and would like to use it on my SB 2600k CPU, but I have 2 questions: Is that block still considered a good block, and where can I order a skt 1155/1156 mounting kit for it w backplate????
    Nothing anymore

I am Xtreme
    V1 or V2?

V2 is a bit less outdated and is still worth running IMO. With all the tweaks, either should be within 5-10 °C of current blocks. As for a mount for that socket, none exist AFAIK. I had to make 1 for my own use here (Link).
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

NREMT-I
    ok, well then I'll start from fresh... i've been out of watercooling for about 2 years, sooooo with that said, what WB would you recommend for i7 2600
    Nothing anymore

Xtreme Member
    EK Supreme HF seems to be the front runner.
    (They come in a handful of different types, nickle, full copper, etc, little to no performance difference between them)

NREMT-I
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth42o View Post
    EK Supreme HF seems to be the front runner.
    (They come in a handful of different types, nickle, full copper, etc, little to no performance difference between them)
    excellent,,,,,, thanks
    Nothing anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    V1 or V2?

V2 is a bit less outdated and is still worth running IMO. With all the tweaks, either should be within 5-10 °C of current blocks. As for a mount for that socket, none exist AFAIK. I had to make 1 for my own use here (Link).
    Hang on...

I didn't think that the fuzion was seriously 5-10 degrees behind current blocks. Surely it is more like 5 degrees at the most?
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Hang on...

I didn't think that the fuzion was seriously 5-10 degrees behind current blocks. Surely it is more like 5 degrees at the most?
    I think many people make their judgements based upon worst case scenario, heavily OC'ed i7 and such.

I think the fuzion is still a great block... pepople don't really seem to ever take flow and its' effect on the system as a whole into account these days.

It's a shame that the "my block is .00001C lower delta than your block" pissing contest has hurt watercooling system design.
    Asus G73- i7-740QM, Mobility 5870, 6Gb DDR3-1333, OCZ Vertex II 90Gb

NREMT-I
    Quote Originally Posted by iandh View Post
    I think many people make their judgements based upon worst case scenario, heavily OC'ed i7 and such.

I think the fuzion is still a great block... pepople don't really seem to ever take flow and its' effect on the system as a whole into account these days.

It's a shame that the "my block is .00001C lower delta than your block" pissing contest has hurt watercooling system design.
    ok, so are you saying the fusion will perform good on a 4.8GHz OC i7 2600k... if so, you just saved me 80$
    Nothing anymore

Xtreme Cruncher
    Honestly a Sandy bridge is cool running already just stick with the fuzion.

^^^^
    Click me

Folding on a 2600k at 4.7ghz on a dd mc-tdx, a fusion would work just fine!!

Xtreme Member
    If you have a V1 fusion with the quad nozzle and a good mount then you will do just fine with it. Last year Martin or Skinee (or somebody here) found that performance was helped on these new, larger sockets with a couple of extra washers on the mounting screws. I cant remember what thread it is, but since WL is like the XS librarian, he might be able to find and link it for you. I seem to remember that it started with working on a theroy about the blocks bow and how to get it to work on a 1366 mount. I'm sure that with WL's mount and that thread you can save yourself some green backs.

Just remember that with the quad nozzle installed in the V1 or the quad plate installed in the V2, you will get a pretty big pressure drop and it might not be the best block to use in the same loop if you add a couple of GPU blocks. But if its on its own in a loop or just one other block, you are fine. My V1 is still going stron on an e8400 workstation rig I tend to use for dual boxing some MMO's.
    At Xtremesystems.org we don't help you save money on your cooling gear, instead we try to make you feel better about the insane ammount you've spent.

Admin
    I showed that if you 'fixed' the LGA1366 mounting bracket to increase pressure (it's extremely low normally), you can get performance that's roughly equal to the Heatkiller 3.0 LC. LINK

I wouldn't use either of the quad nozzles with a Core i7 though--they're all pretty long, single-die chips, so the ~6.5mm nozzle should be best (stock would be really close too).

The biggest thing with using a Fusion on LGA1156/1155 is getting the mounting right. If you don't get good contact, you don't get good performance (true for all blocks).

EDIT: I think Harlock was talking about my thread?
    Last edited by Vapor; 03-21-2011 at 05:38 PM. Reason: edit

Xtreme Member
    Yup, it was your thread I was thinking of. I hadnt even thought about the core size of the 1156/55 and 1366 vs the old 775 and the nozzles of the old girl. Quick thinking on your part Vapor. Like I said before, I still use my V1 on my e8400 with the duel nozzle. But the core size (not the same as die size of the core) of current Intel CPU's would indeed be better without the jets and you would get better pressure results to boot. One thing to get if you have the V1 or V2, though is the center intake seal as it guides the intake of water right to the center mass of the block. Just dont drop an intake nozzle into it.
    At Xtremesystems.org we don't help you save money on your cooling gear, instead we try to make you feel better about the insane ammount you've spent.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Hang on...

Yeah, that's just my conservative nature with estimates. Sorry if I freaked you out newls1.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurz View Post
    Honestly a Sandy bridge is cool running already just stick with the fuzion.
    +1

I may even swap a E6300 Wolfdale for a 2100T or 2500T for the ridiculously low power draw and heat output (35 & 45 W TDP ). It'll sure help seeing I can only fit a single fan rad in the case. Oh, and either way, it'll have a Fuzion V2 on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Harlock View Post
    If you have a V1 fusion with the quad nozzle and a good mount then you will do just fine with it. Last year Martin or Skinee (or somebody here) found that performance was helped on these new, larger sockets with a couple of extra washers on the mounting screws. I cant remember what thread it is, but since WL is like the XS librarian, he might be able to find and link it for you. I seem to remember that it started with working on a theroy about the blocks bow and how to get it to work on a 1366 mount. I'm sure that with WL's mount and that thread you can save yourself some green backs.

Just remember that with the quad nozzle installed in the V1 or the quad plate installed in the V2, you will get a pretty big pressure drop and it might not be the best block to use in the same loop if you add a couple of GPU blocks. But if its on its own in a loop or just one other block, you are fine. My V1 is still going stron on an e8400 workstation rig I tend to use for dual boxing some MMO's.
    HEY! It's bad enough I'm cursed with a memory like I have, no need to insult me like that, seriously, do you think I'm as stuffy as some old hag librarian? ... and yeah, had I gotten here sooner, I would have pointed you to Vapor's topic.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Member
    Lol, at least you can still remember things. I go to a movie now and forget the first half of it before the credits roll.