Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Second Session

Xtreme Member
    Sorry for the double post, but I don't want this overlooked:

For personal reasons, IMOG can't make it until April at the earliest. He may get an opening, but more than likely it'll just be me and Evan on Saturday benching DIce.

Xtreme Member
    @Scott: I don't have an AM3 setup unfortunately. s775 for this guy. You can use my pot too if you want, it is good for dice, dunno about ln2. As for time, 10am is a bit early for me, i like my sleep.

@BeepBeep: that would be cool if you could come here for sessions over the summer.

@Chance: That sucks that Matt can't make it. Do you know when in april he can come though? My spring break goes until april 4th.

So, what time should we start? I like starting at like 1 or 2 like we did last session, that worked out nicely. Scott, if you can only come down early for some reason, i guess i could get up early.

How much dice should we get? It looks like we only will have 2 pots between the 3 of us (unless we ghettor rig one). I was thinking like 40 or 50lbs though, it actually goes pretty fast. At $.50/lb that would only be $20-$25 we would split between 3 of us.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xxrabid93 View Post
    @Scott: I don't have an AM3 setup unfortunately. s775 for this guy. You can use my pot too if you want, it is good for dice, dunno about ln2. As for time, 10am is a bit early for me, i like my sleep.

@BeepBeep: that would be cool if you could come here for sessions over the summer.

@Chance: That sucks that Matt can't make it. Do you know when in april he can come though? My spring break goes until april 4th.

So, what time should we start? I like starting at like 1 or 2 like we did last session, that worked out nicely. Scott, if you can only come down early for some reason, i guess i could get up early.

How much dice should we get? It looks like we only will have 2 pots between the 3 of us (unless we ghettor rig one). I was thinking like 40 or 50lbs though, it actually goes pretty fast. At $.50/lb that would only be $20-$25 we would split between 3 of us.
    Not sure when in April.

As for DIce, I was thinking that I would probably use about 10lbs on Sat.

Xtreme Addict
    Well how about we start at noon, so I'll leave at about 1015 from where I'm located.
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChanceCoats123 View Post
    As for DIce, I was thinking that I would probably use about 10lbs on Sat.
    Are you gonna run dice on friday?

Quote Originally Posted by ScottALot View Post
    Well how about we start at noon, so I'll leave at about 1015 from where I'm located.
    Noon is fine. We can feed you (and Chance) if you want, but don't expect much more than a sandwich and chips. If you guys are here late, like last time, i can probably get something for dinner. (was thinking Chinese food maybe, whadda ya guys think?)

Xtreme Addict
    Sounds fantastic, I'd be able to chip in some cash if you want me too...
    Does anyone have socket 939 stuff? I ripped an Athlon 64 out of some kids computer... wanted to kill it ever since.
    Who's bringing subzero material for Friday? I can't get any around here, but I'd be able to chip in for that too.
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

Xtreme Member
    I have extra neoprene and art eraser, and Chance i know has extra frost king and we both have paper towels. That should cover it.

Xtreme Member
    Are you gonna run dice on friday?

Noon is fine. We can feed you (and Chance) if you want, but don't expect much more than a sandwich and chips. If you guys are here late, like last time, i can probably get something for dinner. (was thinking Chinese food maybe, whadda ya guys think?)
    Chinese FTW! Ummm. I wasn't really planning on running on Friday since I was going to let Geoff use my pot. 1366 chips put out a lot of heat and so a very heavy pot is necessary even on DIce.

Sounds fantastic, I'd be able to chip in some cash if you want me too...
    Does anyone have socket 939 stuff? I ripped an Athlon 64 out of some kids computer... wanted to kill it ever since.
    Who's bringing subzero material for Friday? I can't get any around here, but I'd be able to chip in for that too.
    I have an Asus A8V-Deluxe, but I don't have an AGP graphics card to run in it... If you have one, let me know and I'll bring the board.

I have extra neoprene and art eraser, and Chance i know has extra frost king and we both have paper towels. That should cover it.
    If he's using my pot, all he will need to make is his motherboard specific insulation. Since he's on 1366, that's eraser. Lol I have everything else made for my pot.

Edit: Darn. I wish we had three pots. It would be nice to get to bench on Friday since my sister just came home for Spring break from college... We'll see what I do on Friday. Maybe it would be better for Geoff and I to bench on Friday so Evan can use the rest of the DIce on Friday night/Saturday?
    Last edited by ChanceCoats123; 03-24-2011 at 04:51 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Someone PM me the location 0_0

Xtreme Member
    Someone PM me the location 0_0
    I just realized that you didn't know, and sent you a PM. lol

Xtreme Member
    Edit: Darn. I wish we had three pots. It would be nice to get to bench on Friday since my sister just came home for Spring break from college... We'll see what I do on Friday. Maybe it would be better for Geoff and I to bench on Friday so Evan can use the rest of the DIce on Friday night/Saturday?
    That's cool, i'm flexible. I don't really care that much if i bench subzero on friday; i might just test some chips on air anyways. (got an e6400 i need to try out, and might try out another chip or 2 i haven't pushed much).

Xtreme Member
    Okay sweet. In that case, I think I will use my pot and Geoff can use yours (?). I'll be running 2d only and probably work mainly on 32M super pi. Maybe others if I have time. Looking forward to it boys!

Xtreme Addict
    Just fyi, I was kidding about being named geoff haha.I'll be there around 12 to 2, guys.

Xtreme Member
    Just fyi, I was kidding about being named geoff haha.I'll be there around 12 to 2, guys.
    Wait, what? So is your name actually Scott then? lol you tricked me

Tomorrow sounds all good then. You and Chance both coming over around 1; i will be getting the dice in the morning. Should be a fun day of benching.

Xtreme Member
    Evil!!!!

Wait, what? So is your name actually Scott then? lol you tricked me

Tomorrow sounds all good then. You and Chance both coming over around 1; i will be getting the dice in the morning. Should be a fun day of benching.
    I'll be getting out of school at Noon, so I will try my best to get there by 1, I doubt it will happen though. Expect me closer to 2ish.

Banned Movieman...
    this summer i can bring several 775 chips(mostly P4/D's), some ddr3, TX750, and a 5850 OC
    just dont have any 775 boards...

2-3 Pentium 4 3 GHZ
    2 Pentium 4 640
    1 Pentium D 820
    1 Pentium D 915

I can get tons of Pentium 4's
    i also have 1 e6300

Xtreme 3D Team
    I have an Asus A8V-Deluxe, but I don't have an AGP graphics card to run in it... If you have one, let me know and I'll bring the board.
    If you would like it at some point I own a Rage Fury Pro AGP 16MB if you would like to borrow sometime

Banned Movieman...
    i may also be able to get a 6800 Ultra agp from the same place i get the P4's for free

Xtreme Addict
    Well all in all it was a great time! I learned a lot and I'll be able to do it by myself sometime, too! I'm expecting rabid to make a thread, I'll put my personal details in there!

Xtreme Member
    Sweet guys. I may take you up on that offer since I want this board sold. I had sold it, but after some trouble shooting, the buyer said there was no video... Problem is I can't even tell since I sold my only AGP card.

Either way, it was a great session. I had a good sit down with my worst enemy... Super Pi 32M. Needless to say, I made it beg for mercy. I really wanted a sub 7 min run, but after ~5 hours, this is what I came up with: 32M Pi

Xtreme 3D Team
    Sweet guys. I may take you up on that offer since I want this board sold. I had sold it, but after some trouble shooting, the buyer said there was no video... Problem is I can't even tell since I sold my only AGP card.

Either way, it was a great session. I had a good sit down with my worst enemy... Super Pi 32M. Needless to say, I made it beg for mercy. I really wanted a sub 7 min run, but after ~5 hours, this is what I came up with: 32M Pi

Wouldn't higher frequency at 6-6-5 bring better efficiency Assuming you went at it for 5 hours I guess you already tried...

So I think I'm going to make a purchase on an Extech EasyView EA10 thermometer (found one for $50), -200c to 1360c at 1c resolution...sounds like a start.
    Last edited by BeepBeep2; 03-25-2011 at 06:37 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
    Wouldn't higher frequency at 6-6-5 bring better efficiency
    One would think, but the cpu speed was also right on the edge. This board maxes bclk at 255 so benching around 251-252 is right up there with what I can do on 1M.

With that said, 6-6-5 might have gained me a bit of ram speed, but since the bclk was pretty much stuck in one spot, I had to tighten down to offset the lower speed. For some reason the system wasn't playing nicely at over 1000 ram today for 32M.

Xtreme 3D Team
    One would think, but the cpu speed was also right on the edge. This board maxes bclk at 255 so benching around 251-252 is right up there with what I can do on 1M.

With that said, 6-6-5 might have gained me a bit of ram speed, but since the bclk was pretty much stuck in one spot, I had to tighten down to offset the lower speed. For some reason the system wasn't playing nicely at over 1000 ram today for 32M.
    Hmm, I think 1000 6-7-6 would kill... normal sticks would probably need 1.75-1.8v to do that though.

How much voltage did you need for 1500 6-5-5?

Xtreme Member
    I was at about 1.72 vdimm. At 1.71, I got a rounding error in Super Pi.

Also, I know I need to work out these stick to run 1000+ at about 8-7-8 or 8-7-7. Then I can raise the uncore a notch or two and be top 5.

Xtreme 3D Team
    I was at about 1.72 vdimm. At 1.71, I got a rounding error in Super Pi.

Also, I know I need to work out these stick to run 1000+ at about 8-7-8 or 8-7-7. Then I can raise the uncore a notch or two and be top 5.
    They wouldn't do 7-7-6 or 7-8-6 at 1000+?
    If you still have that CPU/board when I arrive eventually maybe you can go at it again with my kit, I'd bring both my 2000 C7 and 2200 C8
    I'm on AMD but the 2000 C7 kit does 1730 6-6-6 at 1.65v, 1800 6-6-6 at 1.7v at room temp, take things a little colder and they will bench all day at 1860-1880 6-6-6 about 1.74v.

I'd estimate about 1930-1940 6-7-6 doable...7-7-6 easy up to who knows what.
    Last edited by BeepBeep2; 03-25-2011 at 07:18 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast