Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Second Session

Xtreme Addict

Second Session

Hey Everyone in the Chicago area!

I think we've established that we will have a second LN2/Dice session in the Chicagoland area. For reference, here's the bench session that has already happened: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=268274 . Anyone who can make it is welcome, so if you live in Seattle and you have access to a private jet, you're just as welcome as someone living in Chicago! Here's some information

Date: Saturday March 26th (I will be back in town on Thursday, so I might be able to come on Friday if that's the only day that some people can come.)

Location: Somewhere in the Chicagoland area. If someone has a place available, please let us know.

Cooling I'm able to supply: Basically none... if someone wants me to chip in for LN2/dice, I can probably do that to an extent. I have no pots yet, so if someone could have one available for me to use or have one ready after they're finished, that'd be appreciated.

Hardware I'm bringing:
    AMD Phenom II X4 (if someone has an AM3 motherboard available, we could work together with this chip)
    MSI Big Bang Xpower
    i7-930
    6GB Mushkin Redline
    GTX 460 Hawk (pulls 950-975MHz)
    GTX 260 SuperClocked
    9800GT OC
    XFX 750W PSU
    One hard drive that I've had running with the i7
    One hard drive that I've had running with the Phenom
    One hard drive that is completely blank
    Indigo Xtreme pads (2 for AM3, 2 for 1366) if these are needed
    Lots of TIM
    A motherboard tray I took out of a case
    Random Athlon 64 chip (we could just kill this trying to get a max clock, I wouldn't mind)
    A couple DVI monitors
    Logitech G15 keyboard
    Logitech G500 mouse
    A couple CM 230mm fans :/
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

Banned Movieman...
    gonna be in tennesse

Xtreme Addict
    Actually Friday works out better for me... you guys let me know what you think.
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

Xtreme Member
    Friday won't work [for me]. My break starts on Sat. the 26th and ends on April 3rd. Sometime during there.

Xtreme Addict
    hm... I'll have to figure out a way to get down there if we do this on Saturday. My dad can bring me down on Friday, but he's gone Saturday.

Xtreme Member
    Sleepova maybe?

Xtreme Addict
    That could work... now we need a good location.

Xtreme Member
    I personally had a great time at Evan's house. Not sure if he would be willing to host a bunch of hooligans again, but Matt wants to come and possibly another OCF member.

Xtreme Member
    I would definitely be up for hosting again, it depends on the # of people though. Like we said last time, if there is 6 or less including me, i think that would be fine. So, me, Chance, Scott, Matt; would anyone else be coming?

Also Chance, do you know if Matt can do this weekend? We want his 50l.

Scott, idk if anyone has an extra pot. I have 1, it is really good for dice, but i am 99% sure it would suck for ln2. Chance has 1. I don't know about Matt.

Oh, and ln2 is awesome. I have been looking into getting a dewar and an F1 EE/gemini of my own now.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by xxrabid93 View Post
    I would definitely be up for hosting again, it depends on the # of people though. Like we said last time, if there is 6 or less including me, i think that would be fine. So, me, Chance, Scott, Matt; would anyone else be coming?

Also Chance, do you know if Matt can do this weekend? We want his 50l.

Scott, idk if anyone has an extra pot. I have 1, it is really good for dice, but i am 99% sure it would suck for ln2. Chance has 1. I don't know about Matt.

Oh, and ln2 is awesome. I have been looking into getting a dewar and an F1 EE/gemini of my own now.
    Well I don't really need an extra pot as much as I'd just like to use one after you're done with it... so I'd assist you with whatever you're doing and then afterwards, you remove the pot and maybe help me out?

Xtreme Member
    I've got no problem with that. I have an F1EE with all mounting hardware and the extension so it can cater to just about any set up. I'm also not sure if Matt has a pot, but I will talk to him and see if another team member from MI wants to make it.

Xtreme Addict
    Well I have a ride there and back on Friday, but I don't know how I'd get a ride on Saturday...

Xtreme Member
    What times on Friday (for there and back)? I have school off friday, as it is the start of my spring break. Maybe if you can only stay friday you and me could bench dice to get your first sub zero session under your belt.

EDIT: Oh yeah, a little OT, but i saw your WTB thread for a dice/ln2 pot; check out overclock.net, there is 1 or 2 for sale there right now. Link to one: http://www.overclock.net/cooling-pro...d-lowered.html. He said it was made by Bartx. Looks like it could be a good entry pot for someone like you.
    Last edited by xxrabid93; 03-22-2011 at 04:43 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    What times on Friday (for there and back)? I have school off friday, as it is the start of my spring break. Maybe if you can only stay friday you and me could bench dice to get your first sub zero session under your belt.

EDIT: Oh yeah, a little OT, but i saw your WTB thread for a dice/ln2 pot; check out overclock.net, there is 1 or 2 for sale there right now. Link to one: http://www.overclock.net/cooling-pro...d-lowered.html. He said it was made by Bartx. Looks like it could be a good entry pot for someone like you.
    I could be there around 10 at the earliest. I don't know when I'd leave. Dice sounds like a great way to start, maybe we could have another one of these sessions next month and we'll have them regularly once every one or two months?

Yeah I did see that post. I PM'd the guy about LN2 performance because I don't want to have to pots, I'd just like one that works at least decently with both mediums.

Xtreme Addict
    Bought it. haha, once in a while I can feel like I'm rich... I just see something and recognize that it's a good deal, but because it's expensive and I buy it quickly, I feel rich

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottALot View Post
    Bought it. haha, once in a while I can feel like I'm rich... I just see something and recognize that it's a good deal, but because it's expensive and I buy it quickly, I feel rich
    Sweet! Do you know when you will you get? Before friday if we do a small session then?

Xtreme Member
    Congrats on taking the Dive.

Also, I just remembered that I have a half day on Friday. I think Evan had a good idea of you coming down for a "day trip" on Friday to bench DIce as a way to get your feet cold. I would love to come and join you in the DIce benching if that's alright!

Xtreme Addict
    Sweet! Do you know when you will you get? Before friday if we do a small session then?
    I don't think it will arrive by Friday because he's shipping tomorrow from California.

Quote Originally Posted by ChanceCoats123 View Post
    Congrats on taking the Dive.

Also, I just remembered that I have a half day on Friday. I think Evan had a good idea of you coming down for a "day trip" on Friday to bench DIce as a way to get your feet cold. I would love to come and join you in the DIce benching if that's alright!
    Sounds fantastic! Just need a little experience and, to be completely honest, a little overclocking help in general. I can get decent overclocks, but I'm nervous to pass certain clocks without anyone knowledgeable around.

Xtreme Member
    I don't think it will arrive by Friday because he's shipping tomorrow from California.

Sounds fantastic! Just need a little experience and, to be completely honest, a little overclocking help in general. I can get decent overclocks, but I'm nervous to pass certain clocks without anyone knowledgeable around.
    To be honest, Scott (as I assume that's your real name), I would be willing to let you use my pot for the Friday since I would end up doing ln2 the next day.

Xtreme Addict
    My name is Geoff... haha

Thanks for the use of your pot! I know this might be pushing it, but if I get a chance to bench my PII X4 955, could I borrow an AM3 setup from someone?

Xtreme Member
    No problem on the pot! I would let you use my mobo, but since I'll be benching 1366 this weekend, I don't want to tear down both of my rigs. :-/

Xtreme Addict
    Well I guess I'll just bench my 1366, too... unless rabid has an AM3 setup. The pot will be here next week, just in time for me to have some hands-on experience beforehand! I do have a ride down and back now.

Xtreme 3D Team
    Hey guys
    I'm in NE Ohio but this summer I should be able to make a few trips to the Chicago area or maybe we can get together and host something here, in Wisconsin, doesn't matter to me. I'm 15, so I guess you could say I'm starting young, been into OC'ing (self taught) since I was 4.

I just got (stole) a K|NGP|N Venom Rev 5.0 with 1366/1156/1155/AM3 mounting for literally $110 shipped, so I'm looking to venture into dice/ln2 for the first time.

I've got two AM3 setups, each one -
    AMD Phenom II 1100T batch/week 1045

ASUS M4A89TD Pro/USB3
    4GB STT Project-X 2000 C7 MGH-E, 4GB Ripjaws X 1600 C6 1.5v PSC coming soon
    Vista Home Premium (both 32 and 64 bit installs)
    1.2TB RAID 0 array - WD Caviar Black 640GB drives
    XFX 850w 80 Plus Silver
    Rig has a water loop, MCR320, Heatkiller block

AMD Phenom II 565 week 1010 (sample courtesy AMD)

Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H
    4GB SuperTalent 2200 C8 MGH-E Hypers (were up for sale) / 2GB crucial ballistix D9 GTS
    Intel X25-V 40GB
    Ubuntu
    OCZ 700w (FSP based)
    Cooled by Corsair H70

I was interested in SB but I realized even if I sold stuff I wouldn't have enough money.

Xtreme Addict
    Sounds great! We'll have a lot of time this summer, so I recommend just watching these threads until we start scheduling summer sessions.

Xtreme Member
    Well I guess I'll just bench my 1366, too... unless rabid has an AM3 setup. The pot will be here next week, just in time for me to have some hands-on experience beforehand! I do have a ride down and back now.
    Sounds good. So the way I smell it is:

Friday, you come down around x time. I have a half day, and no track practice on Friday so I should be able to eat and get to Evan's around 1-2 PM. Not sure how well that works out for you guys... Maybe setup on Evan's pot, bench for a little on his stuff or something, and then run your parts with my pot when I come.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
    Hey guys
    I'm in NE Ohio but this summer I should be able to make a few trips to the Chicago area or maybe we can get together and host something here, in Wisconsin, doesn't matter to me. I'm 15, so I guess you could say I'm starting young, been into OC'ing (self taught) since I was 4.

I just got (stole) a K|NGP|N Venom Rev 5.0 with 1366/1156/1155/AM3 mounting for literally $110 shipped, so I'm looking to venture into dice/ln2 for the first time.

I've got two AM3 setups, each one -
    AMD Phenom II 1100T batch/week 1045

ASUS M4A89TD Pro/USB3
    4GB STT Project-X 2000 C7 MGH-E, 4GB Ripjaws X 1600 C6 1.5v PSC coming soon
    Vista Home Premium (both 32 and 64 bit installs)
    1.2TB RAID 0 array - WD Caviar Black 640GB drives
    XFX 850w 80 Plus Silver
    Rig has a water loop, MCR320, Heatkiller block

AMD Phenom II 565 week 1010 (sample courtesy AMD)

Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H
    4GB SuperTalent 2200 C8 MGH-E Hypers (were up for sale) / 2GB crucial ballistix D9 GTS
    Intel X25-V 40GB
    Ubuntu
    OCZ 700w (FSP based)
    Cooled by Corsair H70

I was interested in SB but I realized even if I sold stuff I wouldn't have enough money.
    Great! We'd love to have you!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast