Thread: EK-VGA Supreme HF SLI adapters + fittings

Xtreme Member

EK-VGA Supreme HF SLI adapters + fittings

Going to be using some of the ek supreme blocks to cool my gtx 580 directcu ii's

I have 4 in total and i was wondering if anyone knew what kind of combination fittings + sli adapters i would need to run them, if possible in parrallel but looking at it serial seems to be the only way.

I was looking at getting some custom blocks, but as of yet have had trouble finding anyone in the UK, so if I had to outsource to America to a gentleman that was recommended to me on here I would be looking at a while to get them done. Would like something temporary until that day arrives and I really hate seeing my gpu's up at 85c.

was thinking

some of these

http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/product_...ck-nickel.html

along with some of these

http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/product_...ck-nickel.html

the board in use is a UD9

Thank you in advance

I am Xtreme
    I don't have time right now but, when I get home from work, I'll post up a method on how to get parallel with GPU only blocks.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

I am Xtreme
    OK, Here it is.

GPU's and blocks are black (just in case anyone couldn't figure that out). Parts list is for 2 complete units in the image.

It's a little bit on the expensive side but it'll work just fine.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Xtreme Guru
    It doesn't look "little" bit on the expensive side

Banned

be careful, the fittings are a bit inclined, you may not get a good alignment.

Why not use the EK-FC Bridge QUAD Parallel and Full cover EK 580 blocks...barring cost that is.
    HAF 932-ASUS Rampage Formula III-i7 980x-12G G-Skill Sniper 1600 C9-GTX970 4g SLI-Corsair AX1200i PSU-Dual Loop WC
    Thermaltake W200-Rampage V Edition 10-i7-6850k-G-Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14Q-GTX1080Ti Strix SLI-Corsair AX1500i-Dual Loop WC

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    OK, Here it is.

GPU's and blocks are black (just in case anyone couldn't figure that out). Parts list is for 2 complete units in the image.

It's a little bit on the expensive side but it'll work just fine.

Did you mean 6 x sli pipes ? 3 for either side ?

this is what i got so far

8 x http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/product_...ck-nickel.html

8 x http://www.scan.co.uk/products/bitsp...ry-extender%29

6 x http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/product_...ck-nickel.html

6 x http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/product_...ck-nickel.html

2 x http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/product_...ck-nickel.html

Figured I could use the L's at the top and bottom instead of using plugs

Quote Originally Posted by kroks View Post

be careful, the fittings are a bit inclined, you may not get a good alignment.
    I think there will be enough tolerance to make sure it fits

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalamaniac View Post
    Why not use the EK-FC Bridge QUAD Parallel and Full cover EK 580 blocks...barring cost that is.
    They don't make a block for those cards

Xtreme Member
    what about some Y splitter?

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    It doesn't look "little" bit on the expensive side
    Yeah, it's actually a lot on the expensive side. This setup puts the cost into FC range.

Quote Originally Posted by orson View Post
    Here's what I was thinking.

Blue fitting (Link) You may also need this one (Link) to supplement the length depending on the distance to the edge of the card.

Orange fitting (Link)

Green fitting (Link)

Red fitting (Link) Yes, you'll need 6 of these...my bad, I thought they came in paired sets.

Plugs (Link) You'll need 2 of these to plug up the ends of the T's that don't have fittings on them. Likewise, you could substitute 2 elbows (Link) for 2 of the T's and not get the plugs.

While digging around for the links above, I came across something that is probably a bit more functional and definitely cheaper. Get a pair of these (Link) and you can use regular barbs/comps on the block/manifold and connect the block to the manifolds with tubing. Just make sure the tubing lengths to each block are fairly equal, otherwise you'll get a difference in flow rates through each block.
    Circles SucQ!

Xtreme Member
    4x plastic Y splitter and 2x plastic tee or 6x plastic Y spliter and your are done. it doesnt have that Bling but it cost less than $10

Xtreme Guru
    I wonder if cost of those extra fittings + cost of several lower end gpus won't sum up in lesser amount of more high-end gpus? (And imho would be better choice powerusage/tubing simplicity/minimum FPS/future extendability/future deprecation wise, even if average performance/price stays same?)

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    Yeah, it's actually a lot on the expensive side. This setup puts the cost into FC range.

Here's what I was thinking.

Blue fitting (Link) You may also need this one (Link) to supplement the length depending on the distance to the edge of the card.

Orange fitting (Link)

Green fitting (Link)

Red fitting (Link) Yes, you'll need 6 of these...my bad, I thought they came in paired sets.

Plugs (Link) You'll need 2 of these to plug up the ends of the T's that don't have fittings on them. Likewise, you could substitute 2 elbows (Link) for 2 of the T's and not get the plugs.

While digging around for the links above, I came across something that is probably a bit more functional and definitely cheaper. Get a pair of these (Link) and you can use regular barbs/comps on the block/manifold and connect the block to the manifolds with tubing. Just make sure the tubing lengths to each block are fairly equal, otherwise you'll get a difference in flow rates through each block.
    right checking it out now, i quote like the idea of a reasonably solid bridge

Quote Originally Posted by s002wjh View Post
    4x plastic Y splitter and 2x plastic tee or 6x plastic Y spliter and your are done. it doesnt have that Bling but it cost less than $10
    Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    I wonder if cost of those extra fittings + cost of several lower end gpus won't sum up in lesser amount of more high-end gpus? (And imho would be better choice powerusage/tubing simplicity/minimum FPS/future extendability/future deprecation wise, even if average performance/price stays same?)

tbh the cost is not all that great when you consider how much 4 x actual blocks are + the FC bridge, in fact 4 x full cover blocks + the fc bridge is a tidy sum more