Thread: MOA 2011 - Poland, we need Your support

Champion

MOA 2011 - Poland, we need Your support

This topic is about MOA 2011 edition in Poland. On Friday we'll have live competition to raise the winner to represent Poland. But MSI-POLAND invited only TWO teams to fight. That's an EPIC FAIL. Going back to 2009 year, we had great big live competition of 5 best teams in Poland which were selected from online qualifications. In 2010 MOA in Poland was dismissed because ryba & Chaos had won EU finals in 2009 and they got straight ticket to EU finals in 2010. This year edition was really doubtful but "someone" ordered to organise MOA despite the fact that there was pushing to select only ryba (and he pushed the most on polish department). So polish department invited only two teams for a live show. How is it possible to organize competition, contest where chances are 50/50? They don't give a chance to new faces in this sport, and during 2 years everything changes. Selection was based on results from MOA 2009 year, they invited 2 first places: ryba + Borko and Team PCLab. During this 2 years everything changes. Old polish legends stopped overclocking and new overclockers appeared which are really good and compete with old dogs. I am not invited because on MOA 2009 I had been third. In 2010 in Poland had place two competitions: GOOC (I was 2, first was ryba) and Asus Championship of Poland (which I won on 29.10.2010), at this moment polish overclocking community regards me as the best overclocker in Poland, I don't claim that I am the best, I don't have on my account successes like ryba (MOA, GOOC) but now I am doing more results than my competitors and they don't beat me. Everything changes. Moreover I try to help new faces, there are new big teams which started after MOA 2009 and they score really good, I am convinced that they will outrun us sooner or later, they are capable of doing this. It personally touched me, this whole situation and I admit it. I was apologized later by MSI -Poland and they admitted that it is really hurting me. But in that situation I want also to fight for others. In Poland it is very hard to promote self and to obtain samples to overclock, the only chance for more advanced users are contests. Asus in the end of 2010 proved that they are able to organise the biggest competition in Poland ever in 2 weeks.

MSI-Poland told me that MSI-Taiwan forbids to organise online competition in Poland without a reason. MSI - Poland got only budget for only 2 platforms, they couldn't organise 3 cheaper (for instance cheaper GPUs like GTX 560 Ti instead of 580 GTX) because they have to promote models which were chosen by Taiwan. Seemingly polish department was fighting to organise more budget from Taiwan, they were negotiating almost 3 weeks, even bosses from Taiwan arrived to Poland to discuss few things and also MOA.

They refused to organise more than 2 teams on live show.

Polished department opposed and then Taiwan told them to organise 2 team battle or to choose one team directly to EU finals.

My question is why? The idea of MOA is to emerge the best overclockers from all the country to represent further. Everyone should have the same rights, the same chances. It's organised in order to show some potential of products, to promote this mad sport , to obtain some experience, to teach and learn. If those aspects are abandoned, is there any sense of arranging MOA?

MSI Taiwan wants only 2 teams in live contest, okay, but on god sake organise online eliminations! in order to give a chance to everyone! and two first places will struggle in live show... is that SO HARD!? Online contest doesn't cost, maybe a bit of effort, but it's worth of it!

Polish community is treated really badly by MSI Taiwan and MSI Poland isn't capable of dealing with it or they are afraid of Taiwan. We want to fight for our rights, in fact we are their customers, we promote them, we overclock or use their hardware. We are writing a petition to MSI Taiwan and to Polish department. In this sport we need fair play, I hope that all overclockers want to fight internationally with honesty and dignity and just competitions with the same chances. We are afraid, that the next year we will get the same script, teams which "struggled" in 2011 will fight face to face once again, or the winner of 2011 will get another direct ticket to 2012... We need some support from You, if more and more users will declare, more chances we have.

We are conscious that now it's too late (but we were informed on Friday) and nobody is able to change it without delays but they should if they care about customers. But in fact this sort of protest is to secure the future of MOA in Poland and to make everyone equal.

We just don't want to be treated like castaways, in fact Poland is a very big and important market for MSI and they should treat us rightly.

Polish community also integrates with for instance Spain, where there wasn't any MOA qualification ever. You can count on our votes.
    Last edited by Xtreme Addict; 03-20-2011 at 06:04 PM.
    MSI MOA 2009 POLAND #3
    Gigabyte GOOC 2010 POLAND #2
    MSI MOA 2010 POLAND - NOT ORGANISED
    ASUS Polish Overclocking Championship 2010 #1
    MSI MOA 2011 POLAND - NOT INVITED
    HWBOT Country Cup 2011 - POLAND! #1
    MSI MOA 2012 EMEA - #1
    MSI MOA 2012 WW FINALS - #7
    ASUS Open Overclocking Cup AOOC 2012 - #1
    HWBOT Country Cup 2012 - POLAND! #2
    MSI MOA 2013 EMEA Qualifier - #2
    ASUS Open Overclocking Cup AOOC 2013 - #?
    MSI MOA 2013 WW FINALS - #?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I can agree that online qualifiers would've been a solution for Poland, inviting two teams for a final seems a bit... Odd, and to be honest, unfair. But whatever reasons they had, put your feedback forwards and maybe someone'll listen. Maybe.

On the other hand, I want to congratulate you to a well put protest "speech", which among that usual bunch of "why isn't everything custom made for me, boo-hoo", is nicely written. BUT I do get that very Danish feeling about Poland, that there's civil war raging in the enthusiast community, and that doesn't really help anyone in the end. I know, because I annoy the Swedish -nuggets as much as I can just for fun.
    I KNOW MASSMAN DISLIKES YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by saaya
    yo yo... man, you gotta lose the beard... you look like a drunk :P
    Competition ranking: Better than the danes in everything I've ever entered.

It's not fair that the other overclockers in Poland can't participate in MOA 2011 qualifications. I wish, that the MSI will organize NORMAL qualifications for others ...

OCTeamDenmark Founder Nosfer@tu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Machine View Post
    On the other hand, I want to congratulate you to a well put protest "speech", which among that usual bunch of "why isn't everything custom made for me, boo-hoo", is nicely written. BUT I do get that very Danish feeling about Poland, that there's civil war raging in the enthusiast community, and that doesn't really help anyone in the end. I know, because I annoy the Swedish -nuggets as much as I can just for fun.
    hehe you really hate Denmark

Get over it, and have a beer dude
    Former owner of OCTeamDenmark.com
    MSI MOTHERBOARD!!!!!!

Linkedin

-100C Club Member
    MSI-Taiwan probably heard that nearly all Polish people have left and gone to the UK so they only need two bench rigs.

j/k

But the situation here in the UK is worse than Poland, we had an online qualifier 3-4 years ago and since then one of the guys that goes picks who he takes the following year. I understand that the MSI-UK rep has now left so the UK may not even go this year.

Though I really wouldn't worry about mate as the gpus are always pre-binned so they know whos going to win anyway.
    Last edited by Dualist; 03-22-2011 at 02:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
    sorry to hear about the dead cards, but.. If stuff ain't dieing, you aren't trying.

נְפִילִים

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosfer@tu View Post
    hehe you really hate Denmark

Get over it, and have a beer dude
    I don't do beer, and Denmark is so easy to pick on.
    I KNOW MASSMAN DISLIKES YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by saaya
    yo yo... man, you gotta lose the beard... you look like a drunk :P
    Competition ranking: Better than the danes in everything I've ever entered.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Machine View Post
    I don't do beer, and Denmark is so easy to pick on.
    Here's a milk for ya
    Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

Aussie God
    Quote Originally Posted by massman View Post
    Here's a milk for ya
    Sorry man, dispite your sex change operation, you cannot breastfeed.
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    why should we judged such in Denmark, it is because we have a M.Beier ???
    can only say it's a bad way msi
    Last edited by Martin.v.r; 03-23-2011 at 12:28 AM.

I am Xtreme
    I've posted some information on this topic in the HWBOT forums: http://hwbot.org/forum/showthread.php?t=22461

Quote Originally Posted by M.Beier View Post
    Sorry man, dispite your sex change operation, you cannot breastfeed.
    Nono, you don't get it. I'll explain it in Istanbul next month.

Oh.

Wait.
    Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    but can not understand in you feel cheated, Denmark / Sweden / Norway / Finland, would compete for 2 seats
    one place was taken by last year's winner
    denmark has no place this year