Thread: Blocking cleaning question.. and dye.

Xtreme Member

Blocking cleaning question.. and dye.

Two questions:

1) I noticed that the acrylic inside of my two EK 5970 blocks is a little foggy.. I'm going to be doing a new build soon and was wondering if there's any way to clean the blocks without taking them apart.. I really do not want to take them off the cards.

2) I know there's a lot of cons to dying water.. due to the 'buildup' over time.. that, said.. if i was going to defy conventional wisdom.. what would you recommend for a blue and red dye.. I'd prefer NON-UV.. just a regular dies that's not too dark. Something on the order of the Feser dies (just not requiring UV).

thanks.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyes1995 View Post
    Two questions:

1) I noticed that the acrylic inside of my two EK 5970 blocks is a little foggy.. I'm going to be doing a new build soon and was wondering if there's any way to clean the blocks without taking them apart.. I really do not want to take them off the cards.

2) I know there's a lot of cons to dying water.. due to the 'buildup' over time.. that, said.. if i was going to defy conventional wisdom.. what would you recommend for a blue and red dye.. I'd prefer NON-UV.. just a regular dies that's not too dark. Something on the order of the Feser dies (just not requiring UV).

thanks.
    I would not advise cleaning them while on the card. You run too many risks doing it that way.
    I have had very bad luck with Feser liquids and if you want to use dye,get Mayhems dye. Some people use food coloring too.