Thread: What's your favorite/best fan controller?

Xtreme Member

What's your favorite/best fan controller?

I like the four channel with FL display ones. Scythe and Lamptron make them. (they look the same!). Just twist the knob to set speed! Something that mounts in a 5.25" bay. Need not include anything else (like card readers, etc.).

Have no ideas of those Scythe & Lamptron. But Zalman ZM MFC1 is suckkkkkkk, put one 0.68A & three 0.37A fans on and the controller ran hot like hell. Dead after 6-7 months, fans still work.

Xtreme Member
    I've had more than one scythe fan controller die on me, either the screen stops working, or one of the channels stops working, I didn't bother to rma the third time.
    Honestly, my favorite fancontroller is speedfan.

Xtreme Member
    My lamptron controller has worked great for me.
    **RIG**
    -Intel i5 4670K 4.5GHz
    -Noctua NH-D14
    -AsRock Killerx87
    -Gskill 2100 c9
    -AMD Radeon HD7970
    -CM 690II

Xtreme Member
    Got to play around with a Lamptron 5CV2 for a bit and it's nifty. No problems with oscillation and nice caps too!

30WPC is definitely nice too. Kind of surprised they allow this kind of power (120W total) with a single molex...

The viewing angle of the LCD is somewhat of a disappointment but that's OK. It's not instrumentation that needs to be constantly visible. Definitely has a nice build quality for something seemingly so simple. Being able to change the color of the backlight by changing Berg jumpers is nice and easily modded to remote changing with switches.