Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: ASUS pledges support for AM3+ both for current and future motherboards

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by XRL8 View Post
    As for the speculation bit.If Asus delivered bios for BD`s.That means ES`s are in the wild now at last.And theres at least possibility of getting screenshots of BD working on for example crosshair IV :-), so maybe its gonna be less than 120days.
    ES's have been out for a while, some searching on google turned up people talking about how bulldozer should be optimized and how it responds etc, there was even a class available to learn about the architecture

Quote Originally Posted by xVeinx View Post
    Everyone's a critic . I'd prefer my Crosshair IV formula to be compatible with a CPU 3 generations from now. They must have an idea of the requirements, right? Shouldn't they have anticipated this and built it into AM3? The exaggeration shows my point: schedules are schedules, and if specs are finalized allowing for appropriate changes to a socket, AMD might have been able to do what they did for C32 and G34. On the other hand, a delay wouldn't have been good for sales or the bottom line, so they did what they did. They delayed the server sockets for months to allow for the change, because it was absolutely necessary. 99% of the consumers won't be looking to drop in a new processor into their motherboard. They can't always cater to their small but increasingly vocal minority of people like us.
    Exagerration would work if there were some mayor changes in chipsets but no same 8x0 series introduced less than year ago will happilly power new am3+ mobos.
    I'd understand why 7x0 series mobos don't work since they are old but for god's sake 8x0 was released at time point where BD architecture was extremly advanced in design.
    It's as bad as Intel early 975 series mobos not working with Conroe (but at least they had performance that stomped competitor into ground at that time)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345