Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AM3+ motherboards list (NO WISHING, TROLLING, SPECULATING, OR AM3, please)

Xtreme Member
    United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Oh dear. This thread just can't stay on topic. My sympathy Mats. Especially funny are the posts saying "Let's stay on topic" which go straight off topic.

Part of Asus's announcement about AM3+ support on AM3 boards listed future boards, I would guess that some of those may be AM3+ boards with 8xx chipsets (as per many other announced boards). Sputnik's post has the table on it, and I think the upcoming ones are all AM3+ boards.

Personally though the 8xx AM3+ boards do nothing for me I want to read about the meaty juicy goodness that is 990FX

1 pin is not enough for gpu connection.

Also asus now put that press release ont heir website:
    http://event.asus.com/2011/mb/AM3_PLUS_Ready/

What is wrong with ASUS

very interesting... :-/ ??
    ROG Power PCs - Intel and AMD
    CPUs:i9-7900X, i9-9900K, i7-6950X, i7-5960X, i7-8086K, i7-8700K, 4x i7-7700K, i3-7350K, 2x i7-6700K, i5-6600K, R7-2700X, 4x R5 2600X, R5 2400G, R3 1200, R7-1800X, R7-1700X, 3x AMD FX-9590, 1x AMD FX-9370, 4x AMD FX-8350,1x AMD FX-8320,1x AMD FX-8300, 2x AMD FX-6300,2x AMD FX-4300, 3x AMD FX-8150, 2x AMD FX-8120 125 and 95W, AMD X2 555 BE, AMD x4 965 BE C2 and C3, AMD X4 970 BE, AMD x4 975 BE, AMD x4 980 BE, AMD X6 1090T BE, AMD X6 1100T BE, A10-7870K, Athlon 845, Athlon 860K,AMD A10-7850K, AMD A10-6800K, A8-6600K, 2x AMD A10-5800K, AMD A10-5600K, AMD A8-3850, AMD A8-3870K, 2x AMD A64 3000+, AMD 64+ X2 4600+ EE, Intel i7-980X, Intel i7-2600K, Intel i7-3770K,2x i7-4770K, Intel i7-3930KAMD Cinebench R10 challenge AMD Cinebench R15 thread Intel Cinebench R15 thread

Xtreme Enthusiast
    1. For testing AM3+ CPU Function only, do no update this BIOS while using AM3 or previous type CPUs!

CrosshairIV Formula 3012 Beta Bios

M4A89TD-PRO-USB3 3012 Beta Bios

M4A89GTD-PRO-USB 3012 Beta Bios

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by andos View Post
    What is wrong with ASUS
    What is wrong with AMD ? JF lied ? PR guyz are on meth ?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivon View Post

I don't think it was lying.
    There was just no hints .

Xtreme Addict
    The first boards have showed up in Germany: http://geizhals.at/deutschland/?cat=mbam3p

€64, or $90, for Gigabyte GA-870A-USB3 (without taxes) .

Quote Originally Posted by DarthShader View Post
    You are 100% spot on with the bolded comment. BDs with integrated graphics are going to be next year - the 2nd generation on a whole new socket... This year only AM3+ will be out, without graphics.
    Fine with me... I have no desire to have a GPU on my CPU. Pointless, for me. Just a waste of die space, power, heat, money.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Addict
    any information JF so when we'll gonna see some performance benchmarks for BD ? And what about Asus AM3+ bios ?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Fine with me... I have no desire to have a GPU on my CPU. Pointless, for me. Just a waste of die space, power, heat, money.
    I'm not sure BD 2012 will have a GPU, but I'm almost certain that they will have PCIe, since AMD have already showed that the server CPU's will have it.
    The 2012 server CPU's require a new socket, so I can't really see why AMD would keep the PCIe on the motherboard for desktop BD.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Mats View Post
    I'm not sure BD 2012 will have a GPU, but I'm almost certain that they will have PCIe, since AMD have already showed that the server CPU's will have it.
    The 2012 server CPU's require a new socket, so I can't really see why AMD would keep the PCIe on the motherboard for desktop BD.
    Roadmaps indicate that the next version of "Llano"-type processors will have bulldozer-based cores. So, in that sense, it is true. At the high end, expect to still need discrete graphics.

Xtreme Addict
    It seems like AMD tried to spread out the new technologies on both platforms. BD got the new cores, while LL got integrated PCIe and GPU.
    Next year we'll see those combined, although I doubt we'll see a GPU on BD.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mats View Post
    It seems like AMD tried to spread out the new technologies on both platforms. BD got the new cores, while LL got integrated PCIe and GPU.
    Next year we'll see those combined, although I doubt we'll see a GPU on BD.
    AMD Already stated and its in the roadmaps that next year llano will be replaced by BD fusion chips.But i guess youre talking about high end BD chips.That ones are going to be without GPU but with pcie if i remember correctly.

Xtreme Member
    OK, I think this is the first AM3+ board for sale...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...&SID=u00000687

Item#: N82E16813128485
    (in case they yank it)
    Learn more about the GIGABYTE GA-870A-USB3
    Model
    Brand GIGABYTE
    Model GA-870A-USB3
    Supported CPU CPU Socket Type AM3+
    CPU Type Phenom II / Athlon II / Sempron 100 Series
    FSB 2600MHz Hyper Transport (5200 MT/s)

Chipsets
    North Bridge
    AMD 870
    South Bridge
    AMD SB850

[snip]

Features
    Get Ready for New Generation of 32nm AMD AM3+ CPU

On/Off Charge Technology
    Supports next generation of 45nm AMD AM3 CPU
    108dB Signal-to-Noise ratio playback
    DualBIOS 3TB+ HDD Support (Hybrid EFI Technology)
    Turbo XHD- Full Automatic RAID 0/Stripe
    AMD OverDrive Support
    $94.99 + 7.56 shipping
    LOL at the "next generation 45nm AM3"
    Last edited by Kobaltrock; 03-23-2011 at 08:49 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobaltrock View Post
    OK, I think this is the first AM3+ board for sale...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...&SID=u00000687

Item#: N82E16813128485
    (in case they yank it)

$94.99 + 7.56 shipping
    LOL at the "next generation 45nm AM3"
    At the very least I would wait until we see if BD benefits from HT 3.1 before buying a 8xx chipset AM3+ board. It may be unnecessary overhead but we don't know yet.

Xtreme Addict
    I don't have any idea what ht 3.1 brings but I kinda doubt it's gonna be faster then 3ghz ht..., which we can already do with little or no voltage increase.

Xtreme Addict
    Seems the new Gigabyte boards are still stuck with old school BIOS, even on the 890FX board.
    It's too bad to get the 2 TB limit on a new board these days, but since their µATX lacks SATA 3 I'm not interested anyway.
    http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=3781#sp

Asus have added two AM3+ boards on their site, also BIOS, but those are budget 760G/SB710 models.

I hope the coming boards with 900 chipsets will have UEFI. Most BD compatible 800 series boards so far are more or less reused AM3 designs, no wonder they're still have BIOS.
    Last edited by Mats; 03-26-2011 at 04:25 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Uefi...
    Long long time ago I came across a pc that had a 486 cpu with win95 on it (yeah I know..., to slow for 95)(old pc with the turbo button overclocking the cpu).
    The bios was wicked though.

It looked like win3.1 in the bios, and had a ton of timings and such in it, the works.
    I have no idea who made the board but the bios I was pretty sure was ami.
    Never seen anything like it since.

Exclamation ...

AMD's PR suxxx monkey's b*llz as usual

The world's fatest graphics card done right ? ... What a joke

Again you're gunning for AMD, while I had only good experience with them so far locally... Care to explain?

The disconnect as I see it is currently coming directly from AIB partners, AMD stated that Bulldozer wont be compatible while MB manufacturers issued a beta BIOS for "functionality testing" when judging the situation.

Did anyone lie in this situation, I guess not. Full functionality may be not available on AM3 boards and no one wants to guarantee it at this moment. That way dont get your hopes up yet...

Ps. Should anyone complain that Bulldozer may require a new socket, just look at intel and their cluster of different pin counts. In other words try to keep a minimum level of objectivity.
    Last edited by Shadov; 03-26-2011 at 08:59 PM.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadov View Post
    Again you're gunning for AMD, while I had only good experience with them so far locally... Care to explain?

The disconnect as I see it is currently coming directly from AIB partners, AMD stated that Bulldozer wont be compatible while MB manufacturers issued a beta BIOS for "functionality testing" when judging the situation.

Did anyone lie in this situation, I guess not. Full functionality may be not available on AM3 boards and no one wants to guarantee it at this moment. That way dont get your hopes up yet...

Ps. Should anyone complain that Bulldozer may require a new socket, just look at intel and their cluster of different pin counts. In other words try to keep a minimum level of objectivity.
    I had several AMD's systems (Socket A, 939, AM3 with Thuban) but I'm on Intel right now (2600K, great cpu).

I'm not at war against AMD at all

Only things that's I don't like is the missing communication with AMD, their communications are really really bad, don't smell professionnalism ... It's a pity IMHO ...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by madcho View Post
    any information JF so when we'll gonna see some performance benchmarks for BD ? And what about Asus AM3+ bios ?
    Benchmarks at launch, as we have always said.

And, Olivon, I have not lied. The statement that I have made for last 4-5 months is "AMD will only support bulldozer in AM3+ sockets" and that remains true today, as it will be true, as well, when we launch the product. I see no change in that stance.
    While I work for AMD, my posts are my own opinions.

http://blogs.amd.com/work/author/jfruehe/

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by JF-AMD View Post
    Benchmarks at launch, as we have always said.

And, Olivon, I have not lied. The statement that I have made for last 4-5 months is "AMD will only support bulldozer in AM3+ sockets" and that remains true today, as it will be true, as well, when we launch the product. I see no change in that stance.
    Thanks John,

I understand your POV but the misunderstanding is caused by the partner's announcements regarding AM3 backward compatibilty.
    It seems that's BD (1 gen) will fit in it.
    Past months, almost everybody believed that would be impossible and BD processor would be AM3+ only.
    That's the point.
    Why some divergences between AMD and its partners ?
    AM3 backward compatibilty is really a good point and why AMD don't communicate about that ?

It's approx. april and the cpu is gonna to be announced on June so why AMD it's not clear about that ?

Xtreme Cruncher
    What you will get when you put Zambezi in old AM2 board is probably not the same product (feature wise) as when you slide it in AM3+ board. Since the thermal monitoring capabilities of each board won't be the same, I suppose Turbo2.0 won't activate properly or will speed up the cores with less headroom than available.All of this is my guesswork.

For those wanting top OC without using Turbo old supported AM3 models from Asus may as well be good options,but for those that will want top performance from their brand new Zambezi FX 8core,AM3+ will be the best choice.
    Last edited by informal; 03-27-2011 at 05:30 AM.

Exclamation ...

Only things that's I don't like is the missing communication with AMD, their communications are really really bad, don't smell professionnalism ... It's a pity IMHO ...
    Care to explain that statement when even an AMD employee is coming to our forum to discuss topics? Thats as much professional and outgoing as you can get these days...

Anyway, Ill see how many features my Bulldozer will loose on ASUS Formula IV, then Ill consider if an AM3+ MB upgrade is needed.
    Last edited by Shadov; 03-27-2011 at 06:03 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast