Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AMD BullDozer Box pixelated...& its different :)

Xtreme Mentor

AMD BullDozer Box pixelated...& its different :)

"Launch of Bulldozerarkitekturen in the form of desktop processor Zambezi approaching and AMD complete right now, the design of how CPU boxes with these prestandamonster might look like. AMD Forum offers an insight into what waits around the corner.

In the draft that AMD Forum took note of the eight core Zambeziprocessorna called with FX 8 and Black Edition be sold with the following design:"

http://www.amdforum.se/artikel/exklu...och-fx-4-1025/
    Coming Soon

Xtreme Cruncher
    I don't see how a picture of a box is news

My Free-DC Stats
    You use IRC and Crunch in Xs WCG team? Join #xs.wcg @ Quakenet

Xtreme Addict
    You gotta admit that they're really good looking, aren't they?!
    Notice any grammar or spelling mistakes? Feel free to correct me! Thanks

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    Hell yeah! Me want them bad!
    TAMGc5: PhII X4 945, Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD3P, 2x Kingston PC2-6400 HyperX CL4 2GB, 2x ASUS HD 5770 CUcore Xfire, Razer Barracuda AC1, Win8 Pro x64 (Current)

TAMGc6: AMD FX, Gigabyte GA-xxxx-UDx, 8GB/16GB DDR3, Nvidia 680 GTX, ASUS Xonar, 2x 120/160GB SSD, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 6Gb/s, Win8 Pro x64 (Planned)

Xtreme Member
    Guys, have we ever seen the Box before some ES-screens? This is slowly getting ridiculous...

Xtreme Cruncher
    @ soya_crack
    Patience is a virtue .

Xtreme Member
    Right, Mr. Wisdom

Xtreme Addict
    Started to love them just from the box
    TRUE Lapped - Intel Core i7 2600k 4,7Ghz - ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 - Nvidia GTX 1080 FE - 16Gb Crucial 2133 Mhz CL9 1,51v - Crucial M4 256Gb - Crucial MX300 1050Gb - Corsair AX850 - Fractal Define R3

Xtreme Member
    Are those Dragon Age themed? :p
    Strix X470-F, 1.2.0.6b | 5800X3D + Galahad 360, 3xP28 | 4x8GB Flare X 3200C14 @3200C14 1T+GDM | Strix 2070S A8G @1830/1750 | SB Z | SN750 500GB, MX500 1TB, DT01 2TB | O11D XL: 6xNB PL-2 | RM750

I am Xtreme
    These boxes could be quite an eye catcher in shops. Neat banners, too.
    But yeah, reminds me of DA a lot...
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    My first response was, ooooo pretty.
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    I am magical.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Uhm, what about the IHS or the whole CPU, it reminds of LGA package and all of us know that AM3+ is not LGA. What are these 2 notchеs (on the side) about? There's no actual use on AM3+ socket, the whole cpu on the boxes is odd.
    If the cpu lid was like shown on the boxes then the retention of the AM3+ socket would have changed, there's no sense in it.
    Actually they are looking like Opterons or old Athlon 64 FX-7x processors.

Otherwise the photoshop work is nice .
    X6 1090T (1010MPMW) @ 4267MHz 1.44V NB@3229MHz 1.33V | Asus Crosshair IV Formula | 2x2GB Corsair Dominator GTX2 @ 1845MHz 6-6-5-17-22 1T | Asus HD4890 @ 1050/4800 | Corsair HX850W | HAF 932
    EK Supreme HF | EK-FC4890LT | MCP655 + Koolance D5 Top | ThermoChill PA120.3 + 3x Enermax Magma | XSPC Bay res | Masterkleer 1/2" UV Red

Quote Originally Posted by I.nfraR.ed View Post
    Uhm, what about the IHS or the whole CPU, it reminds of LGA package and all of us know that AM3+ is not LGA. What are these 2 notchеs (on the side) about? There's no actual use on AM3+ socket, the whole cpu on the boxes is odd.
    If the cpu lid was like shown on the boxes then the retention of the AM3+ socket would have changed, there's no sense in it.

Don't know why guys keep saying LGA ...

The HS and notches are just like Magny-Cours.

And YUP .... gets me all warm and fuzzy

all outta gum
    Magny Cours fits in socket G34, which is LGA. Zambezi fits in socket AM3+, which is PGA and doesn't have the stepped IHS.
    www.teampclab.pl
    MOA 2009 Poland #2, AMD Black Ops 2010, MOA 2011 Poland #1, MOA 2011 EMEA #12

Test bench: empty

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by I.nfraR.ed View Post

No photoshop, this is the real deal from AMD. Why they choose that look for a CPU I can't say.

Logotypes are final, box-art and the rest is a subject to change/will get minor modifications. But most likely these are the final box-art and all AMD will do is destroy them by putting on more technical data on them I write for AMD Forum so either choose to take my words for it or get out of here
    SweClockers.com

CPU: Phenom II X4 955BE
    Clock: 4200MHz 1.4375v
    Memory: Dominator GT 2x2GB 1600MHz 6-6-6-20 1.65v
    Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula
    GPU: HD 5770

It has to be fake. Desktop chips are still going to be PGA. You can use your AM3 CPUs in an AM3+ system after all, which we've already been told. We've also seen AM3+ sockets, and they're still PGA. The box art definitely shows an LGA processor. AMD wouldn't make that sort of mistake. It's a pure traffic grab by the website this was first posted to.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Xtreme Member
    Them pics are from the most recent insight study, I got a survey to complete yesterday....
    ASUS Crosshair IV Formula
    AMD Phenom II 1090T Megahalems Rev. B 4ghz
    2x4gb G.Skill Ripjaws
    XFX 6950 (6970 clocks/shaders)
    2x250gb WD SATA
    1x1tb WD SATA
    750 watt PCP&C Quad Silencer
    X-Fi Titanium
    Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever.

NooB MOD
    Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    It has to be fake. Desktop chips are still going to be PGA. You can use your AM3 CPUs in an AM3+ system after all, which we've already been told. We've also seen AM3+ sockets, and they're still PGA. The box art definitely shows an LGA processor. AMD wouldn't make that sort of mistake. It's a pure traffic grab by the website this was first posted to.
    Yip, unless there will be an FX based on four Interlagos modules. Oh wait, that's Zambezi
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

Xtreme Addict
    I work for that site and it's not a pure traffic grab. These aren't fake but if you even bother to read my post above you will see something interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slagathor View Post
    Them pics are from the most recent insight study, I got a survey to complete yesterday....
    Thanks, this is exactly what it is. Didn't want to say it before but since you opened your mouth...
    SweClockers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Smartidiot89 View Post
    I work for that site and it's not a pure traffic grab. These aren't fake but if you even bother to read my post above you will see something interesting.
    It's not a matter of having read your post but rather trust.

Seriously. If you were suspicious of something and then that guy's best friend walks up and goes, "Oh yeah, totally, he's legit," I doubt you'd be filled with confidence because of it.
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Xtreme Member
    Maybe those are some C32 FXs

/wishfulthinking
    ASRock X399 Fatal1ty
    1950x Threadripper
    32gb DDR4
    GTX 1070
    __________________________________________________ ____

Xtreme Addict
    It's not a matter of having read your post but rather trust.

Seriously. If you were suspicious of something and then that guy's best friend walks up and goes, "Oh yeah, totally, he's legit," I doubt you'd be filled with confidence because of it.
    Well excuse me for feeling extremely offended when you imply that we've photoshoped something and released it as fake just to get traffic We have a good relationship with AMD and that is the very last thing we'd do. I would never post something on another site knowing it was fake just to get free traffic.

Also we never, and I never said "This is the final design you will see on the shelves!", we clearly stated that it's a subject of change, only the logotype is "set in stone". I would understand people's suspicion if we claimed we got hold of the final design for the boxes where Zambezi would retail in but we haven't said anything like that then I would even question my friend which I've built the forum with for the past 2.5 years, but this is not the case...

As said this was from AMD insight which is a survey with a bunch of people to pretty much review the box-art. And I will say again, logotype is more or less final, the box is a subject of change but will resemble that we see here.
    SweClockers.com

It isn't my goal to offend, but I'm not going to apologize for being suspicious when pre-release box art isn't normal outside of hoaxes (which are rather normal), there are obvious errors in the art, and the source is a site I've never heard of. I don't know you personally nor do I know your friends, so I can't take credibility from a pre-existing relationship. Don't freak out; back up and look at it objectively from the other side of the table. Why would I accept something like this at face value with the information I have? This isn't to say you aren't being fully honest, genuine, and are absolutely correct. I just have no way to know and have little in the way of being able to establish the legitimacy of your claim. If I am to be governed by reason, I have no choice but to maintain my skepticism in the face of the current situation. That can change in the future if more evidence is presented. There's nothing offensive about it.
    Last edited by Particle; 03-13-2011 at 04:21 PM.

Rule 1A:

Rule 2:

Rule 2A:

Rule 3:

Xtreme Cruncher
    OK,stop the bickering. The boxes are from the survey and are not fake. Can we move on now?

@Smartidiot89

I know how you feel and I'm sorry you have to defend yourself like this.It happens every now and then.

What bickering? It's not at all personal.

Rule 1A:

Rule 2:

Rule 2A:

Rule 3:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast