Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: G1 Assassin Review - Performance

I am Xtreme
    If i toss P67A-UD7 results in there it beats the G1 assassin
    i think this info is enough for prospective buyers...

its not the ud7 alone..its the whole sandybridge/ivy bridge architecture...

I am Xtreme
    actually you are in luck i have a screenshot my UD5 rev 2.0 vantage results:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and i will run vantage again for the G1, give me a second to put in the 930.

Hondacity yes, but the 990x beats the P67A-UD7 results i was referring to the i7 930. of course this board is also about the audio and the NIC.
    Last edited by sin0822; 03-13-2011 at 01:31 PM.

I am Xtreme
    Ok here we go with the G1 assassin. this is a quick and dirty test, notice how high my temps went with the augmented vcore. I didn't remember the exact settings i used, but I am sure the score could have been better.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Bottom line I am not out to fool anyone, so please realize that i stand behind all my posted results.

As for the bigfoot tests, i tested like the guide for testing it said to do. As you can see there is only really a large difference within your computer, it cannot speed up the internet. The difference between the boards 3d performance is the reason for the FPS increase on the G1 assassin compared to the UD5 in the bigfoot tests. Maybe the bigfoot increase the FPS a little, and if you read anything i said about the bigfoot you would see there is no snake oil in my review. Thanks for you comments, even though you attacked my work it is ok, i always have proponents and opponents to everything I say, well every reviewer does, its part of the business. Sadly I have nothing to gain from saying this board is better than another board, i make no money off this, i don't make advertising money and gigabyte doesn't pay me, especially doesn't pay to say hey this board is better than another gigabyte board. Imagine what people would say if I said this board is better than an asus board lol.

Many have their own views on the bigfoot NIC, bottom line if it didn't do anything then people would not buy it, and it wouldn't have survived for this many years. you guys aren't stupid and neither am i, we would never buy a product that didn't perform and neither would anyone else. FYI anadatech also said the C300 sucks, and they are wrong, they said its performance decreased over time due to lack of trim, well it has been proven over and over that ITGC is much more powerful on the C300 than anadatech said. There is tons of bias to review sites, and i try to be unbiased but no one is perfect. I also never fudge results, i can go back and rerun if anyone wants me too, but the thing is that these reviews take me so much time, that I simply don't have time to skew any results, i don't even have time to take screenshots, but luckily i saved my ass by backing up all my pictures recently.
    Last edited by sin0822; 03-13-2011 at 02:50 PM.

I am Xtreme
    Next time I will have screenshots as thumbnails and graphs as well like LSDMEASAP does it, that way none of this snake oil bs.

Xtreme Memory Hoarder
    Quote Originally Posted by sin0822 View Post
    Next time I will have screenshots as thumbnails and graphs as well like LSDMEASAP does it, that way none of this snake oil bs.
    I was just kidding about the snake oil comment buddy

however I can not wait to see the X58A OC when it comes out

Xtreme Legend
    well done sin and its good that you stand by your results and you should be accountable for them and make sure they do check out

keep at it dude well done
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by l0ud_sil3nc3 View Post
    however I can not wait to see the X58A OC when it comes out
    Yeah, same. Soon, I hope.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post

and comparing 930 stock results ...weird
    Gigabyte Oz sponsors the biggest and best gaming team in the region called Team Immunity. These guys know their stuff and what they told me surprised the hell out of me, a great majority of gamers run their systems at STOCK everything so i'd say using stock numbers on platforms is certainly a good idea as that is what most machines will run at.
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

I am Xtreme
    you missed the context...

read teh review...ud5 and g1 ..at stock...and yeah comparing them...

Xtreme Legend
    i don't understand your point
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

I am Xtreme
    Maybe the guy who said about the bigfoot should read which type of ping I chose.
    "The guy" read all of it.
    You mention two types of ping (UDP and ICMP which you don't use anyway), and you use UDP for testing both cards.
    Here's your graph:

As I see, your minimum ping is around 5ms (so the server has to be within the same city or so). The maximum is around 95ms.
    You're not going to see 18 times difference. Not unless you have something in the background messing with your connection or you have packet loss.
    Normal deviation for ping would be >5% for a great line (see http://www.pingtest.net/, you should have 1-2ms jitter on a good line; this is not UDP, but can test the line just as well).
    Ordinary people with "normal", not so oustanding ISPs can see 20-30% deviation. Say, ping going from 70 to 90. That's fine.
    But no way it's going to jump like that. (1800% deviation is insane).
    A better card can help with jitter (if the old one has issues), but not this much.
    A good example from another review:

It's most likely an ISP issue, or the issue with the way Bigfoot software does the monitoring (edit: or maybe BFBC2 servers suck, try a different game?).

I also recommend doing the tweaking mentioned in my previous post. It does help most of the things Bigfoot's software fixes (no HUGE changes, though).
    buy one or get one and test for yourself against a UD5 rev 2.0. I stand by my results that strongly that i would be ok with you spending 500 bucks to find out that i was right.
    Arrogant much? I don't think you bought the board yourself.
    This was totally uncalled for.
    Last edited by zalbard; 03-13-2011 at 04:57 PM.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Aussie God
    [U][B][CENTER][SIZE="5"]

There are two things that you should notice in the picture above. They are both circled in green:
    What should be noticed about this? 233 iss high, but, not really interesting IMO... Dont get the hype about this.. If I am not mistaking, my UD3R does pretty much same, maybe 220 or 240... No big deal, means nothing for performance on Gulftown...
    The ram frequency I dont get the point of showing... 1266 is hard for LGA1366 tri-chan, 1050 isnt.

actually you are in luck i have a screenshot my UD5 rev 2.0 vantage results:
    Please dont do that again...
    I trust in you knowing exactly what I mean....
    The only thing you are acheiving by doing so on XS is making it obvious for everyone that you are biased.

Apart from that;
    Very dedicated review, keep them coming, but please, distinguish yourself just a little from the marketing material - your own thoughts is more appreciated then a commercial.
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

Xtreme Legend
    Marc your intelligence is out of this world, can you please elaborate what makes those screenshots bad again for us laymen to understand
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

Aussie God
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    Marc your intelligence is out of this world, can you please elaborate what makes those screenshots bad again for us laymen to understand
    Ofcause Dino
    Check the CPU score, and then again; look at the top10 submissions, valid.
    No; Lets make it easier; just look at no#1 submission with 2x GTX570..

Now focus at the CPU score.

Using physx is UNACCEPTABLE, does not matter if your nickname is Lardarse, Dinos22, Sin0822, M.Beier, Massman or whats all ever.... It is NOT legit, and an easy way to deceive the none knowing.... It is marketing bullshift, and you know it - dont try to defend this....
    I told you & James this in person as well back at GOOC, as I said it was so sad that a great media, TweakTown, did not kick Shane Baxtor off the crew for pulling that crap.

EDIT; Please, this was initially not a quote of anything you said, so if any further comment, do feel free to PM me, or contact me in another way - no need to do further off topic, I have faith in Sin0822 realizing that XS just isnt the place to do that.
    Last edited by M.Beier; 03-13-2011 at 06:15 PM.
    Competition ranking;
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;

I am Xtreme
    i used physx in all my benchmark results to keep them constant, its not meant for comparison to your system but across my systems.

I understand it like this, disabling physx kills the cpu scores. So i kept phyx on for the pure reason that I had it on when i first did the X58A-UD5 rev 2.0 benchmarks, if i turned it off now i could not compare. I will though just for you turn it off when i do my future reviews and not compare to the X58A-UD5 if that makes you happy. It is more than obvious to everyone that physx is on, and i even stated physx is on. lol. i am not trying to fool anyone.

To be even MORE honest with you I DO NOT benchmark to score on HWBot i could care less to be honest none of what i do is worth submitting to HWBot for some stupid points. My benchmarking however is to compare across my platforms. Now if i uninstalled physx on my G1 assassin and then compared to the X58A-UD5 rev 2.0 with physx on that wouldn't be fair.

But for the X58A-OC board i expect some pretty nice scores coming up, so i am going to start turning physx off and using a tweaked OS. This means I will redo all the G1 Assassin scores.
    Does that make you happy ? lol

FYI another reason i didn't uninstall physx is because this isn't the only site i post my reviews on, its actually only 1 where everyone competes with each other, i do like it though the most. A normal user, and believe me gamers are a much larger group than us, and they use 3dmark all the time, they don't turn physx off, so i did not.

You are offended i didn't run my system tweaked, aka i shouldn't have installed something i install on all my platforms. So when i game i should uninstall physx? lol that is all i am saying.

on the networking, i have no idea whats what but i do understand what you are saying, maybe its the way it records the ping, or the reason i took every 36th number, i couldn't have them all there.

What the NIC really did i saw and it reduced the amount that i lagged, i can shoot my sinper rifle at so many yards and hit the standing target while i am moving.

BTW i am always learning so your criticism are welcome, for the X58A-OC board review I want to make it so everyone can follow along so here is a list of things I will add:
    #1 Turn physx off, go by hwbot rules
    #2 Post up screenshots of my benchmarks runs in thumbnails followed by graphs.
    #3 not bench the NIC lol

Anything else? i am very serious.
    Last edited by sin0822; 03-13-2011 at 06:26 PM.

Xtreme Legend
    how does that make him biased Marc

he stated he used physx and he used it on both platforms to provide equivalent comparison, this is just a simple gaming board review, not an attempt at a W.R.. Using this for WR benching with OC board is unacceptable of course but this is not the case. What's more he is reviewing a board not GPUs mate come the on!

looks like you are talking about of your arse again boy
    Last edited by dinos22; 03-13-2011 at 06:27 PM.
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

Aussie God
    i used physx in all my benchmark results to keep them constant, its not meant for comparison to your system but across my systems.

I understand it like this, disabling physx kills the cpu scores. So i kept phyx on for the pure reason that I had it on when i first did the X58A-UD5 rev 2.0 benchmarks, if i turned it off now i could not compare. I will though just for you turn it off when i do my future reviews and not compare to the X58A-UD5 if that makes you happy. It is more than obvious to everyone that physx is on, and i even stated physx is on. lol. i am not trying to fool anyone.

To be even MORE honest with you I DO NOT benchmark to score on HWBot i could care less to be honest none of what i do is worth submitting to HWBot for some stupid points. My benchmarking however is to compare across my platforms. Now if i uninstalled physx on my G1 assassin and then compared to the X58A-UD5 rev 2.0 with physx on that wouldn't be fair.
    To be fair;
    No I did not read your previous reviews.
    But the purpose of CPU score is that it actually is CPU score, not graphics score - which physx makes it - so no, enabling is actually killing the CPU score.

A few reviewers tend using this, and for the common man, higher is better, so yes, works fine for marketing, but, for the knowing it is simply just considered cheating.
    Therefor, please just take it as a friendly advice for future, physx is not appreciated, for me, and likely majority of the users on XS - because it is simply ruining the purpose of the test.
    Competition ranking;

Spectating;

Aussie God
    how does that make him biased Marc

he stated he used physx and he used it on both platforms to provide equivalent comparison

looks like you are talking about of your arse again boy
    Last time you wrote that, you admitted being wrong by say "I was just joking", remember? Cut the bull.
    It is biased, because "bigger is better", but it does not apply in all cases, it is simply just cheating in the benchmark - If you want it legit, write a letter to futuremark, I couldnt care less if you consider it legit for review purpose.

Hence; It is a marketing trick, and not one that works on XS.
    Competition ranking;

Spectating;

Xtreme Legend
    have you got some imaginary friend Dino you want to share with the public
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

I am Xtreme
    i have seen it work on XS before when the initial SB reviews popped up and that is why i used it on in my SB review. I shall take your advise no hard feelings M. Beier

BTW is that your GF in the pic?

Zalbard- I didn't mean to come off like a jackass, but I purchased my X58A-UD5 rev 2.0 for $300 at the time from my Microcenter. it was my first GB ever and that is why I started reviewing. i apologize if I came off as arrogant, my sincerest apologies.

Aussie God
    have you got some imaginary friend Dino you want to share with the public
    X58A-OC pricing ring a bell? Dude, just lay off, it is a stupid argue, you know it and so do I.

I am pointing out something that Sin0822 is likely to adapt, deep down inside, you know that I like Gigabyte motherboards an awful lot, hence; why it has been my favorite brand since post X48/P45 - Creditability is very important, and I think Sin0822 is doing a fantastic job on his enthuciasm, in fact so well that I directly asked your colleague over a beer, if he(Sin0822, whom I called Sin0812) is on the payroll (He is not, was the response)
    It is a small detail but for some an important one, and if that some only is me, then be it so, I still got the right to express my opinion (And dont think I am alone on this one though)
    I am not a semi-god or anything, however, I have my logic, and it is not the grand purpose of hurting Gigabyte Motherboards (as you make it sound, especially when talking with colleagues), nor was it back with the H55N contest when I informed that it is risky to put too much PR spotlight on Sam/TaPaKa, as he does not want it, and sometimes capable of spinning on a plate.

BTW is that your GF in the pic?
    Depends on which hour a day you ask!
    Nah just kidding, yes, that is my better looking half.

EDIT;
    Yea, I know when it is being used; and I pinpoint it every single time, others are giving up.... Unfortunately WWM does it too.
    Competition ranking;

Spectating;

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Beier View Post
    Depends on which hour a day you ask!
    Marc's internet GFs
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

I am Xtreme
    Very pretty girl, congrats man.

Xtreme Enthusiast

Thank Ed i really appreciate it!
    Anytime man, I always look forward to your reviews - they are amazing!

Wow, sorry to see all this flak you are getting here! It's just a review guys, not for points, no need to bring so much hassle into the discussion.

Hey Silver, nice to have you here. LSD is a great guy, his reviews are pretty damn great, his knowledge of RAM and SSDs far surpasses mine.

LSD- thanks for sending him over
    Thanks man, your reviews are top notch too! I only hope that someday I can create my own style of motherboard reviews that keep up with my memory ones, I have much to learn from you it looks like

I knew your review would help him out plenty, and I linked him to your previous one as well. I was trying to help him decide between this or the OC board, but I think he is leaning on this one more.

It's a tough one for many to decide, not me though - I can easily tell which board has what I am looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Silver420 View Post
    Hey up

Yeh i love his reviews too and boy has he helped me out with the tons of questions ive thrown his way since ive been chatting to him.

As LSD knows i was hesitant about purchasing the new G1 until i had found a decent review, so thanks again!

Silver
    Thanks Silver, I'm glad you enjoy my reviews as well. I have a lot to learn in the motherboard review department though, but hopefully someday I will be able to write a motherboard article with as much style as Sin does.

I still say OC, but that's me
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 03-13-2011 at 08:28 PM.

sin0822,
    latest AIDA64 beta 1.60.1321,supose to support G1.Assassin board and clear your PM.....
    Need a Gigabyte latest BIOS?
    Z370 AORUS Gaming 7,
    GA-Z97X-SOC Force ,Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.65 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 10 x64

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast