Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Japan quakes

although away from the epicenter shook a lot here where I live ..I'm watching the news on television
    sorry for my bad English....google translator

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Saw a vid. on youtube with a comment about Japan being HAARP'd, i just LOL'd..

But this is a serious matter..
    And those nukes we're talking about, I hope they're the ones nearest the epicenter - which is now reported to have been shut down, 4 of em.

Source
    [[Daily R!G]]
    Core i7 920 D0 @ 4.0GHz w/ 1.325 vcore.
    Rampage II Gene||CM HAF 932||HX850||MSI GTX 660ti PE OC||Corsair H50||G.Skill Phoenix 3 240GB||G.Skill NQ 6x2GB||Samsung 2333SW

flickr

Xtreme Member
    What an insane destruction, this is a terrible natural catastrophe. Please take care of yourselves! Thanks to all the informants here, much aprreciated. Let's hope the nuclear power plants will stay under control.
    The Initial value finished
    PI calculation is done!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Software tweaks are not for sale.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    What a mess! I hope and pray that they are doing ok over there...
    Main Rig: Phenom II X6 1055T 95W @3562 (285x12.5) MHz, Corsair XMS2 DDR2 (2x2GB), Gigabyte HD7970 OC (1000 MHz) 3GB, ASUS M3A78-EM,
    Corsair F60 60 GB SSD + various HDDs, Corsair HX650 (3.3V/20A, 5V/20A, 12V/54A), Antec P180 Mini

Notebook: HP ProBook 6465b w/ A6-3410MX and 8GB DDR3 1600

NooB MOD
    Quote Originally Posted by NEOAethyr View Post
    A bit offtopic but I will have a go ...
    But it does say something about it being an age of evil or something I don't know exactly what's it's called, it's supposedly when people's hate peaks and so on.
    This is part of it, look at all of the global events - not just natural disasters. It's difficult not to bring politics into this but I'll try by not mentioning countries' names. Look at all the war on "terror" going on. Look at the unrest in third world countries. The verge of civil war. Religious or not, things are falling together and it's scary.
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

Xtreme Member
    It's a proper catastrophe The earthquake, the waves, the reactor... the horror

Wishing you guys best of luck! I hope everyone is safe. The news gave me the creeps, and my a$$ is far away, in the safety of Europe... I don't even think what it would have been like to face those waves in person
    Last edited by Ccaution; 03-11-2011 at 06:27 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Oj101 View Post
    This is part of it, look at all of the global events - not just natural disasters. It's difficult not to bring politics into this but I'll try by not mentioning countries' names. Look at all the war on "terror" going on. Look at the unrest in third world countries. The verge of civil war. Religious or not, things are falling together and it's scary.
    What you describes has happened many times before, and are most likely bound to happen again. Society are always changing, and sometimes it takes some effort to change it to the better. There are no instant recipe for world wide peace, but I think we are moving in the right direction.

My sympathy goes to all affected by this natural disaster.
    Asus Crosshair IV Extreme
    AMD FX-8350
    AMD ref. HD 6950 2Gb x 2
    4x4Gb HyperX T1
    Corsair AX1200
    3 x Alphacool triple, 2 x Alphacool ATXP 6970/50, EK D5 dual top, EK Supreme HF

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Oj101 View Post
    I found out about it by accident when researching the greek? looking temples at balbek (around 10,000 years old I guess).
    When doing a little researching on balbek I accidently came across rudra, rama, sita, sarasvati, etc etc.

Anyways I found this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali_Yuga

The years lengths have to be incorrect...
    It's alot like the years mentioned in the book of kings from sumuria, 1000 year old kings my butt....

I'de post my history findings but I'de be getting way off topic.
    History is so cool..., but so hard to dig through :\.

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by CAL930 View Post
    The member of KATANA is safe.
    Very relieving to hear.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by runmc View Post
    I pray for all people involved.
    Agreed

Saw this right before I went to bed last night, very scarry to see the wave moving accross the land. They said people had 10 minutes warning before that wave came rolling in.

I do not think where I live (central calif) if I had 10 minutes warning right after a big shake hit I could get very far. To many people would be trying to hit the roads all in shock after the quake.

Tyler Durden
    I hope to God that Miah is okay. It just occurred to me that he's there. I tried calling him and it just kept ringing.
    Formerly XIP, now just P.

Team"KATANA"
    Quote Originally Posted by EnJoY View Post
    I hope to God that Miah is okay. It just occurred to me that he's there. I tried calling him and it just kept ringing.
    Miahallen lives in Aomori, there should be probably little damage, I think a cellular phone is just downed.
    --------------------------------------------------

Xtreme Cruncher
    very sad news,im praying for our fellow members and all involved.

MY HEATWARE 76-0-0

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    stay strong japanese bros...

4m tidal wave...
    make that 10

hope everybody is alright..
    cant remember hearing of a stronger earthquake than this... 8.9... damn...

Tyler Durden
    Quote Originally Posted by CAL930 View Post
    Miahallen lives in Aomori, there should be probably little damage, I think a cellular phone is just downed.
    That's very good to hear! Thank you for this. Hope he and everybody else is ok.
    Formerly XIP, now just P.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    btw, taiwan is hooked up to the international backbones through japan, at least partly...
    internet has been acting weird all day, lots of interrupted connections and super slow connections to non local sites...

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by runmc View Post
    I pray for all people involved.
    mee too

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.

Xtreme Addict
    Jebus, heard about this quake on the radio at work. I hope everyone is fine.

Anyone knows something about the Kobe/Ōsaka area?
    The XS Folding@Home team needs your help! Join us and help fight diseases with your CPU and GPU!!

I am Xtreme
    Our thoughts and prayers go out to everyone in Japan.

Xtreme Batrachian
    Wikipedia now updated:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richter_magnitude_scale (mentioned in the magnitude table)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Se...ke_and_tsunami (main article)

For now I can exhale a sigh of relief amidst the devastation. A friend of mine who's a teacher in Osaka is fine, so is his family.

My Japanese geography is very poor, so I had to pull a map to check where the city actually is.

I hope many more friends and relatives of those who were in harm's way and now are unaccounted for receive the same kind of good news soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by fart_plume View Post
    First loops are like first sex, all hands and thumbs till you figure out what goes where, then it's what ever works best for you.

Xtreme Batrachian
    Quote Originally Posted by p2501 View Post
    Jebus, heard about this quake on the radio at work. I hope everyone is fine.

Anyone knows something about the Kobe/Ōsaka area?
    My friend Txabi just got in touch. He lives in Osaka. No major issues to report in the area.
    Quote Originally Posted by fart_plume View Post
    First loops are like first sex, all hands and thumbs till you figure out what goes where, then it's what ever works best for you.

Xtreme Member
    ... It's something that really leaves you thinking how insignificant the human being is for nature ...
    I hope the best for all the people victim of this disaster ...

i know that PcCI2iminal is okay ... so one more user from XS giving us hope that we hear from all Japan users soon ...

Jeez... i just can't believe this happened ... :x
    Oh...your ass is grass and I've got the weed-whacker.

(o.O)
    I have a good friend over there, he said on facebook "scared but safe" - hope everyone else on here is safe as well.
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 Yorkfield @ 3.2GHz | Asus P5Q Deluxe mobo | 2x OCZ Reaper HPC 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) | Sapphire 4870x2 | Western Digital VelociRaptor 300GB 10k RPM | Intel 120GB SSD | Western Digital Caviar SE16 640GB 7200 RPM | Hitachi 2TB 7200 RPM | PCP&C 750W Power Supply |Cooler Master HAF932 | Windows 7 64-bit | Dell ULTRASHARP 2408WFP 24-inch Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor

Join Us in the XS World Community Grid Forum & Help Fight Cancer and Other Diseases

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Saw all the disaster happening live on TV! Pretty scary stuff. I'm hoping casualties will be kept to a minimum... One of my dearest friends lives in Osaka and we exchanged a couple of emails and thankfully he and his family are allright but he said stuff are a bit chaotic over there. Considering this is Japan we're talking about this event is a MAJOR disaster!

I know it might sound a bit too cold to mention it now but the economic catastrophe could be as bad if not worse then those caused directly by the earthquake and tsunami.

Japan has A LOT of money invested pretty much everywhere in the world and they certainly would need that very same money back to reconstruct the country after a Big One like this one happens. At least that's what I heard numerous times over the years and it makes perfect sense.

Edit: @p2501: like MrToad said Osaka is "fine" but my friend told me that there were power/communications/public transportantion failures on that area.
    Last edited by Caparroz; 03-11-2011 at 08:23 AM.
    Murray Walker: "And there are flames coming from the back of Prost's McLaren as he enters the Swimming Pool."

James Hunt: "Well, that should put them out then."

Banned Movieman...
    was there an earthquake i didn't hear of? I heard about the 7.2, but it sounds like an 8.9 came?

btw it sounds likecalifornia oregon and washington are about to feel the tsunami

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast