Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3239404142434445 LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1124

Thread: Japan quakes

Xtreme Member
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leuren_Moret

she is armed with a mountain of facts and professional credibility that is above all reproach
    You can leave your tin foil hat off as well as the negative pre-conceptions, by the 3rd part of the presentation you will know how serious this is.

peace
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CoolerMaster Stacker 830SE|Antec Signature 850W|Gigabyte X58A-UD5 F5 slic2.1
    Intel Core i7 930 16x200@3,200Mhz|vcore 1.14|Intel Stock CPU Cooler
    GSKILL DDR3 Perfect Storm 2000 @6-6-6-16-1T 1600Mhz|ATI 5870 1024MB 850/1200
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 bootdisk: Crucial RealSSD-C300 128GB SATA-III

X. I. P.
    By the thrid part I might be enlightened, but watching the first part was like watching a religious sermon. She truly *believes* what she is stating, but gives no supporting cites in her presentation and, even worse were allegations (such as her assertion that HAARP was used to trigger the recent Japan quakes) that serve only to incite. Strong emotional presentation, short on verifiable facts.

Fail.
    The plural of "anecdote" is not "data."

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sjohnson View Post
    By the thrid part I might be enlightened, but watching the first part was like watching a religious sermon. She truly *believes* what she is stating, but gives no supporting cites in her presentation and, even worse were allegations (such as her assertion that HAARP was used to trigger the recent Japan quakes) that serve only to incite. Strong emotional presentation, short on verifiable facts.

Fail.
    9 parts and you only watched a bit of the 1st.
    Hmm seems you are still 8 parts ignorant to me, so your critisism is not that authorative imo.
    Fail.
    If you disagree with her theory on haarp, and i can understand why you would want to dismiss it offhand, I do too.
    But I urge you to keep your valid and valued opinion but continue watching, especially if you live in the northern hemisphere.
    Take iodine supps and protect your thyroid, stay off dairy as much as possible.

peace
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CoolerMaster Stacker 830SE|Antec Signature 850W|Gigabyte X58A-UD5 F5 slic2.1
    Intel Core i7 930 16x200@3,200Mhz|vcore 1.14|Intel Stock CPU Cooler
    GSKILL DDR3 Perfect Storm 2000 @6-6-6-16-1T 1600Mhz|ATI 5870 1024MB 850/1200
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 bootdisk: Crucial RealSSD-C300 128GB SATA-III

Quick Q - if this leaky reactor is gonna poison us, why didn't the nuke bombs that went off in Japan at the end of WW2 really royally screw us up?

Or... is that the reason why we have such high levels of retardation in Washington these days
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Quick Q - if this leaky reactor is gonna poison us, why didn't the nuke bombs that went off in Japan at the end of WW2 really royally screw us up?

Or... is that the reason why we have such high levels of retardation in Washington these days
    I'm no scientist, but the bomb has only a small amount of nuclear material. Where the reactor has an amount that is a very very large multiple of what was in the bomb. Considering it takes, what, 200 tons of water just to submerge the spent fuel rods? Sheer amount of nuclear material would explain the difference.

since spent fuel isn't inert till 100,000 years + this could poison the environment for along time if they don't fix this.
    Desktop: I7 930 @ 4.35 ghz
    EVGA X58 SLI Motherboard
    2 EVGA GTX 580's in SLI
    12GB G-Skill DDR3 1600 ram
    Samsung 275t 27inch monitor
    Corsair AX1200w psu
    128GB SSD for OS
    2 Seagate 1TB Raid 0 storage
    LIAN LI PC-A60C (copper edition collectors)
    Laptop: Alienware M17x
    Core2 Duo T9600
    2 GTX-280m's in SLI
    8 Gigs DDR3 1333 ram
    Windows 7 Ultimate on both Rigs

Administrator
    For whats its worth...
    Some of this is a little over blown and sensationalist, but I think some is true. I have no idea who this person speaking is. She is a anti-nuclear advocate.

Dr Helen Caldicott - Fukushima Nuclear Disaster- You won't hear this on the Main Stream News.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ITrXVJMKeQ

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Sorry but not knowing of the consequences the nukes in Japan had is really ignorant...

Highly contaminated water levels in tunnels at reactor 3 and 4 are rising. Tepco planned to pump it out but can't cause they don't have enough storage tanks. Which is their way of excusing dumping it into the ocean next I bet...

c[_]
    In part 3 she blames backups failing on stuxnet...

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post
    Alternative News Report 4.19.11

she is armed with a mountain of facts and professional credibility that is above all reproach.
    Im going to have to disagree on this. She obtained her BS degree in Geology and MA Near Eastern Studies (whatever that is) and almost (almost doesnt count) has a Ph D in geosciences, but nothing in physics or engineering.
    Sources claim she was "trained" by a Physicist in radiation issues, but being trained by someone vs obtaining a degree in the subject matter is enough for me to call BS. In addition, she keeps mentioning shes worked at two nuclear labs, but never states what she even did there. Im not asking for classified info, but just a general statement like, "I worked as a scientist or researcher for the lab." For all we know, she could've been a coffee getter. Lastly, I tried googling for any academic or scienitific journals she may have written, but zero results.

Ironically, I obtained my undergraduate degree at the same institution as her and admittedly, UC Davis DOES NOT excel at any of the fields she obtained her degree in or even in physics for that matter. Lastly, shes made some bold claims concerning the purpose and intent of the Vietnam War, and as a product of that war (I am South East Asian), I feel she is full of poop on that subject.

As far as Im concerned, she is not a credible source. Just my 2 cents. But to each their own.

Xtreme Addict

I probably should of posted this long ago but I didn't want to start another uproar and have another mod pm me lol.
    Btw, this is pretty old now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7JvuUwpq40&NR=1

Ever heard of the walking dead ^^... ?
    That stuff is pretty sick...

I wonder why they can't stop the reaction in japan...
    Maybe it's because they used the cheaper material, plutonium along with uranium.
    I don't know, I'm not a nuke tech.

Back in the day they used to man handle this stuff.
    As long as it wasn't active, it was ok to handle.
    Plutonium I think is the deadly type though that you can't man handle.

And everytime someone mentions haarp I I put my tin foil hat on lmao.
    They sound like a nut every time they mention it.
    Why would they waste 70%+ of electricity to transfer it into the ionise sphere...
    Makes no sense, I doubt they use it for anything other then a radar network.

Edit:
    And btw, remember when I said there were 4 nuke plants acting up...
    Not just one...

One more edit:
    Make sure to check out the related video's on that link I just posted too.

I don't think I mentioned this before and I've been holding back info's too...
    But there has been a food scares ever since this happened.
    Also salt and iodine tabs have been bought up all across the world.

The majority of the usa's iodide/iodine or whatever it's called comes from the pacific btw.

I bought some iodide salt right after it happened.
    I use it once in a great while on my food, normal like, just to ensure my health stays in tip top shape.
    If you wait to long, the salt you will end up getting will be bad...

All those animals in the effected area WILL have to be put down, people should be hunting them right now and there should be a quarantine line but there isn't.

Example of one of the vid's to check out:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fONA0QKnHm4&NR=1

Another
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DkCD...eature=related
    Last edited by NEOAethyr; 04-26-2011 at 12:10 AM.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    amount of radioactive material released at fukushima = around 10% of that released at chernobyl... so far...
    http://www3.nhk.or.jp/daily/english/26_11.html

chernobyl is still not stable and they are building a second sarcophagus they will install on top of the current one
    the structures of the 4 reactors at fukushima are severely damaged, a strong aftershock could rupture the spent fuel pools or even the reactor cores
    and they didnt include the HUGE amount of water that leaked and was pumped into storage tanks... thats not "leaked" officially since they held it back... so far...

Xtreme X.I.P.
    amount of radioactive material released at fukushima = around 10% of that released at chernobyl... so far...
    http://www3.nhk.or.jp/daily/english/26_11.html

chernobyl is still not stable and they are building a second sarcophagus they will install on top of the current one
    the structures of the 4 reactors at fukushima are severely damaged, a strong aftershock could rupture the spent fuel pools or even the reactor cores
    and they didnt include the HUGE amount of water that leaked and was pumped into storage tanks... thats not "leaked" officially since they held it back... so far...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yeah, first video from that woman doesnt sound very credible to me. Talking about nuclear weapons being harmful to life. Um duh??? Its a weapon. I wince every time someone uses the term "weapon of mass destruction".
    Aaron___________________________Wife________________________ HTPC
    intel i7 2600k_____________________AMD5000+ BE @ 3ghz___________AMD4850+ BE @ 2.5ghz
    stock cooling______________________CM Vortex P912_______________ Foxconn A7GM-S 780G
    AsRock Extreme 4_________________ GB GA-MA78GM-S2H 780G_______OCZ SLI 2gb PC6400
    4gb 1600 DDR3___________________ OCZ Plat 2GB PC6400___________Avermedia A180 HDTV tuner
    MSI 48901gb 950/999______________Tt Toughpower 600w___________ Saphire 4830
    Corsair HX620____________________ inwin allure case___________ ___ Coolmax 480w
    NZXT 410 Gunmetal________________Acer 23" 1080p________________ LiteOn BD player
    X2gen 22" WS
    ________________ ________________________________ nMediaPC 1000B case

Xtreme Cruncher

"Went off" oh god that made me chuckle

My Free-DC Stats
    You use IRC and Crunch in Xs WCG team? Join #xs.wcg @ Quakenet

Xtreme Cruncher
    Ok, IDK how accurate this explanation is (it was probably more accurate and I'm misunderstanding something) but here goes nothing:

When a nuke bomb goes off, the reaction happens quickly while the radioactive material is all close together. This causes it to decay rapidly as the beta particles that decayed off of one atom hit another and another and cause a chain reaction. This is the same process as within the reactor, but since there is nothing to slow this down, much of the radioactive material reacts and forms its products (which happen to have a shorter half life or is less radioactive) before it disperses. This means the material that dispersed was mostly products that have a shorter half life and/or are less radioactive.

When a nuke reactor leaks, the material being dispersed is the reactant itself. This tends to be much more radioactive and has a longer half life, and therefore is much more dangerous.

Again, while I believe this explanation when explained to me was (mostly) accurate, there is a high chance that I oversimplified/completely misunderstood something so if someone knows better than this, please elaborate, otherwise i figure this is better than nothing...

24 hour prime stable? Please, I'm 24/7/365 WCG stable!

So you can do Furmark, Can you Grid???

Xtreme X.I.P.
    http://www3.nhk.or.jp/daily/english/27_16.html

radiation inside reactor1 is above 1000mSv per hour = deadly according to some resources
    max allowed dose for workers in a nuclear power plant in case of an emergency is 250mSv per year, which pretty much means as soon as they reached around 250mSv they are sent home.
    working in environments with more than 100mSv per hour is only possible with limitations (dizzyness, headaches, throwing up)
    so the most extreme environment they could expose workers to would be close to 100mSv for 2.5 hours.
    inside reactor1 the radiation is almost 12x higher

doesnt look like anybody will be entering the reactor1 building or even get close to it for a good while..
    hope they wont have to, cause if somebody needs to be fixed inside... how are they going to do it?

suppression pools of reactor1 and 3 to be flooded, the last barrier to the outside world.
    http://www3.nhk.or.jp/daily/english/27_16.html
    suppression pool of reactor2 is already flooded
    if the reactor cores are not 100% stable and sealed, isotopes will leak into the cooling water and get washed out of the reactor buildings.
    reactor3 contains plutonium...

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/daily/english/28_20.html
    water level in no1 reactors suppression vessel increased as they pumped in more water.
    the reactor cores surface temperature decreased from 125C to around 100C, pressure inside the reactor core dropped.

mhhhh IF the reactor core is NOT tight... then water inside the reactor core will condense if they reduce the temperature further... and then leak out and mix with the cooling water... that would be a pretty strong isotope soup i guess...
    Last edited by saaya; 04-28-2011 at 04:46 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Even if they bury all 4 reactors, along with storage pools which we know contains lots of rods.
    What is the chance that it will reduce the level's to a reasonable level that doesn't cause continuous damage on a cell level within 100 miles?

I wonder if this can be buried and ignored after a certain distance, or if they HAVE to fix them...

Also one more thing.
    The storage pools "supposedly" are on top of the reactor buildings.
    At least 2 of those building have exploded, no more storage pools on those buildings I assume.
    If that is true, then just how much material was blown up ???
    I was wondering this the other day, seriously though.
    If those storage pools were located in those positions, then this situation has probably gone far beyond what we thought it did...

Also..., if that is the case, then what they are trying to do is spray water into what's left of the storage pools.
    Which means that can't even get close to getting water into the reactors.
    Those reactors are likely been dried up around 2 months now.
    Not that it makes any difference compared to the pools (even though some of those stored rods are exhausted, they are still highly radioactive, I don't think all of them were like that, some of them were fresh new rods probably).

I don't know, just thinking aloud.
    Last edited by NEOAethyr; 04-28-2011 at 05:17 AM.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    The pools are still there on all reactors but under the open sky nowtgey are the biggest concern by far, especially reactor4 which has looooots of spent fuel rods in its pool.
    Spent fuel is very dangerous long term, the reactors contain less material but could explode or melt through the core and containment vessels and release a lot of radiation and isotopes. That would be a lot like chernobyl2 but that's nothing compared to what the spent fuel rods can do over time if they don't get cooled or even blown up into the air and ocean by a reactor popping

Reactor cores are not dry, they were at some point almost dry, which is how the rods got damaged, but they were never fully dried up. They are very hot though, that's why they are only slowly raising the water levels and sobering the reactor cores bit bybit so they don't POP.
    Last edited by saaya; 04-28-2011 at 06:43 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    A few other radiation readings for your consideration:

Natural Background Radiation in Hong Kong: between 0.06 and 0.30 microsievert per hour.
    Natural Background Radiation in Cornwall, U.K.: 0.251 microsievert per hour
    Natural Background Radiation in Chennai, India: 3.42 microsievert per hour
    “High” Level of Radiation in reported in Tokyo, Japan on March 16, 2011: 0.809 microsievert per hour
    Radiation Level in Tokyo, Japan on April 29, 2011: 0.0677 microsievert per hour

PS:
    Capitol and Library of Congress buildings give off radiation 65 times higher than EPA safe limits
    The marble and granite US Capitol and Library of Congress buildings give off natural radiation at a level 65 times higher than the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) safe limits, according to new research.

According to a report commissioned by the website junkscience.com, gamma radiation in the Capitol building hallway and outside the Thomas Jefferson Building are as high as 30 microrems per hour, up to 550% higher than the dose rate from a nuclear power plant, and about 13,000 times higher than the average annual radiation dose from world-wide nuclear energy production. The level is also 13,000 times higher than the ongoing world-wide radiation exposures from the Chernobyl accident, and could be resulting in highly exposed individuals receiving anywhere from 60 millirems to 260 millirems of gamma radiation per year.

“Radiation dose rates inside the Capitol building and outside the Library of Congress may increase cancer risk by 0.5% among maximally-exposed individuals, according to EPA risk assessment practices that use the so-called linear, non-threshold dose-response model (LNT),” said researcher Dr Michael Gough.

“These radiation dose rates are much higher than the EPA proposed to allow at the planned high-level nuclear waste repository at Yucca Mountain, Nevada,” said Steven Milloy, publisher of junkscienc.com. Milloy told edie that he was not surprised by the results, explaining that the research was carried out in order to highlight inconsistencies in the EPA’s standards, and to raise awareness among a public which tends not to be concerned about this hazard.
    Source: edie newsroom
    http://www.edie.net/news/news_story.asp?id=4032

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Geologists and rockhounds often carry various types of Geiger counters to warn them when they are in hot areas as no one wants a "sunburn" on their hands and face from digging near radioactive minerals like early prospectors and miners did. Kids will leave a specimen on the nightstand because it is pretty and not knowing it is dosing them in their sleep. Being next to a radioactive source is one thing but breathing it in is to be avoided.
    Radiation Dose Chart

http://imgs.xkcd.com/blag/radiation.png

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Tohoku power company considering to abandon nuclear power after 230 shareholders voiced support for it
    http://www3.nhk.or.jp/daily/english/02_31.html

Dctokyo, radiation is only a problem at fukushima itself where it prevent proper repairs. What people in Japan should be worried about is ingesting isotopes

Xtreme X.I.P.
    http://www3.nhk.or.jp/daily/english/04_03.html

Sea water still 5800 times above limit

Xtreme X.I.P.
    http://www3.nhk.or.jp/daily/english/04_02.html

Seabed isotope contamination 1000 times above limit
    Tepco suspects there may be more radioactive isotopes leaking into the ocean. They sealed a leak but there may be more they can't see. Tepco plans to use a filter system off the coast to collect radioactive isotopes and clean the water and Seabed. Pretty much like a giant vacuum cleaner with a special chemical reaction binding ceasium.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Just keeps getting worse as they release information. Sea bed radiation sounds like a pretty serious problem to me. Doesn't that mean that any water that passes by that sea bed will become radioactive?

What are the impacts of using zeolite? Find it hard to believe something that attracts radiation and binds with it is harmless. What do you do with those filters after?

Thanks for keeping me up to date. I check for a couple days then it slips my mind and I am reminded again when you post.
    Aaron___________________________Wife________________________ HTPC
    intel i7 2600k_____________________AMD5000+ BE @ 3ghz___________AMD4850+ BE @ 2.5ghz
    stock cooling______________________CM Vortex P912_______________ Foxconn A7GM-S 780G
    AsRock Extreme 4_________________ GB GA-MA78GM-S2H 780G_______OCZ SLI 2gb PC6400
    4gb 1600 DDR3___________________ OCZ Plat 2GB PC6400___________Avermedia A180 HDTV tuner
    MSI 48901gb 950/999______________Tt Toughpower 600w___________ Saphire 4830
    Corsair HX620____________________ inwin allure case___________ ___ Coolmax 480w
    NZXT 410 Gunmetal________________Acer 23" 1080p________________ LiteOn BD player
    X2gen 22" WS
    ________________ ________________________________ nMediaPC 1000B case

Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3239404142434445 LastLast