Well, finally there's a poor man's software disk cache. Note that this is not a RAM drive. You simply enable portion of your RAM as a disk cache.
It's beta right now and is 90 day free trial.
* Supports LRU (Least Recently Used) and LFU (Least Frequently Used) cache algorithms
* Supports caching strategies: Read/Write Caching, Read-Only Caching and Write-Only Caching
* Supports Write-Through and Write-Deferred modes
* Supports OS Invisible Memory and SSD (Solid-state Drive) as Level-II cache
* Supports caching for volumes or entire disks
* Supports TRIM command for SSD
* Supports visual performance monitor
* Supports cache plug and play
* Supports basic and dynamic disks
* Supports NTFS junction point
* Supports volume/disk with proprietary file system
All runs below are on P67 with 2R0 X18-M G1 on SATA2 ports...
My fast and dirty C:\ CDM run (<Cache Size).
CDM 2Gb > cache size. Need some tweaking to do since I also have Write Caching enabled in Windows.