Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New XS Contest ~Sponsors~ Mountain Mods, Koolance & DimasTech

Thumbs up New XS Contest ~Sponsors~ Mountain Mods, Koolance & DimasTech

*EDIT*
    New Contest Sponsor Added!~!
    /*EDIT*

We at Xtreme Systems have decided it is time to get another contest up and going! So with a few emails sent out just a few hours ago I've received one reply so far! There are a number of manufacturers who I am awaiting a reply, so there is a fair chance of many more prizes to come.

Ben from Mountain Mods, Tim from Koolance and Andrea from DimasTech have responded and have offered up the following prizes!

Ben from Mountain Mods offers up,
    Black Wrinkle Ascension

Black Wrinkle U2-UFO

Tim with Koolance has offered up
    (2) x CPU-370 Water Blocks

RP-402X2 Dual 5.25" Reservoir

Andrea from DimasTech has joined in!
    Bench/Test Table Easy V2.5 Metallic Grey

Bench/Test Table Hard V2.5 Metallic Grey

Exact contest details will be announced at a later time with details on eligibility for entry and winning of prize(s), as well as any further updates on sponsors and possible prizes.

If this is the sort of sponsorship that continues we just might end up with multiple contests!

So, let's get a little input from our members.
    What would you rather have, a single contest with multiple winners, ranking 1st prize, 2nd prize etc?
    Or multiple contests with a single 1st prize for each?

What type of limitations do you think we should have since there will be more than 1 prize type? (i.e. so far there are 2 Mountain Mods cases, imo, any winner should be restricted to 1 case, etc etc.)
    Post up your thoughts!
    Last edited by IFMU; 03-14-2011 at 03:12 PM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Awsoooomme! My suggestion would be: Multicompetitions and one price for each competition.
    Intel Xeon X5650 | Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Nvidia GTX560 1GB | 2x4gb Corsair DDR3 | Patriot 120GB SSD + 500GB Storage | 1TB USB Storage | Seasonic ECO 430W PSU

Xtreme Legend
    First up THANKS to Mountain Mods.

I would say 1 or 2 prizes in each of more competitions. If winner wins more than 1 prize the he gets to choose just 1.

Keep this international with us foreigners opting to pay carriage if that cannot be built in by any sponsor

That is enough thinking from me.

My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.
    79 SB threads and 32 IB Threads across 4 rigs 111 threads Crunching!!

Xtreme Addict
    thank you Ben & Mountain Mods!

would this/these contest(s) be within CONUS only?

Xtreme Addict
    Sweet, thanks XS and MM!
    I'd go for one competition with multiple prizes... mathematically this doesn't make sense, but I feel like I have more of a chance of winning if there are multiple prizes in one contest
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

Xtreme Member
    I would go for multiple smaller contests so that a wider range of people can participate.
    "TV and the internet are good because they keep stupid people form spending too much time out in public."
    -jPod, by Douglas Coupland

"There is no Todd"
    -Dilbert, by Scott Adams

i always like the winner and a random participant win, as the non random contests for hardware normally are in need of LN2 or already having a mass of new expensive hardware.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    as the non random contests for hardware normally are in need of LN2 or already having a mass of new expensive hardware.
    This. I don't have the money to update my PC, but I still like pushing as much performance possible out of it. I would love to be able to participate in contests, especially if they involve hardware upgrades.
    "TV and the internet are good because they keep stupid people form spending too much time out in public."

"There is no Todd"
    -Dilbert, by Scott Adams

Xtreme Member
    I think it would be cool to have a few smaller competitions. Something like AMD's Eyes on the Prize comp on HWBot (see: http://hwbot.org/competition/msi_darts ) would be sweet. Target scores, not needing usually more than air cooling to reach. First person to reach the target score wins the stage. Here though we could have no hardware restrictions, just a set score to reach for each bench and each stage. Then, i think have a few lucky draw winners for anyone who reached the target at some point on any stage. I thought that Eyes on the Prize comp was an awesome setup, minus the hardware and brand restrictions (because it was sponsored by MSI).

Xtreme Member
    Thanks Ben and of course XS!

I think that one contest with different prizes, let's say 1st Black Wrinkle Ascension, 2nd place Black Wrinkle U2-UFO, but wich prize will be for what position, right now is kind of hard to tell, you have to see wich sponsors will participate, but basically, one massive contest with several winners.

Beside, this should be totally international

Xtreme Member
    This should be international

And it should be a modding contest , no more overclocking or those giveaway with facebook likes

Colombian OCer
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
    This should be international

And it should be a modding contest , no more overclocking or those giveaway with facebook likes
    +1000
    even if we have to pay the shipping expenses ill join
    MSI Master Overclocking Arena 2009 Latam Champion / Gigabyte GOOC 2010 Latin America finals Champion

Xtreme Cruncher
    thanks MM's and XS's

multi contests with 1 or 2 winners each and no Xtreme OCing or modding
    more like random drawing so everyone has a chance.

MY HEATWARE 76-0-0

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by radaja View Post
    thanks MM's and XS's

multi contests with 1 or 2 winners each and no Xtreme OCing or modding
    more like random drawing so everyone has a chance.
    I agree.

Xtreme Addict
    A lot of us don't have time or money to mod/overclock just for a chance to win something... that's why we want to win them by pure luck!
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

Xtreme Member
    Maybe you guys could try hitting up XFX for some GPUs. I could use a second 6870 :p

"There is no Todd"
    -Dilbert, by Scott Adams

First i would like to thank all the contributing sponsor companies.
    Second off. If not a random contest, or if you have a nice enough case like my hand airbrushed collector case, not to want to mod it up to much. What other ideas could there be to make it fair to all? A per system type? Or system cpu\vid card combo by class: IE: "i7 920 1366 & 460 SLi or sumsuch" overclocking class, sounds cool to me. Don't care how. Would just like a decent chance to win something. Thanks

I am Xtreme
    Yeah, international sounds good. And something fun(ny), hopefully!
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Very nice indeedy .
    i7 920 D0 @ 3.9
    CM Hyper 212+
    EVGA E758-TR 3 way SLi
    Gigabyte 780
    Creative Z
    Mushkin 24gb 1333
    Sandisk Extreme 240
    2X WD Blue 1TB
    Corsair HX1050
    CM Cosmos 1010

heatware

Xtreme Guru
    i think it should be a random drawing.
    "Lurking" Since 1977

Jesus Saves, God Backs-Up
    *I come to the news section to ban people, not read complaints.*-[XC]Gomeler
    Don't believe Squish, his hardware does control him!

Nerdy Powerlifter
    I'd love a MM case! I can't afford one now though.

A random drawing would let anyone win. I think a stipulation is that you eventually have to do a build with the cases and showcase them. (Give at least a for this! It's hard finding work!)

The Koolance gear is sexy too. I love the dual res. Amazing product!

Whoever wins this (no matter how the contest is set up) will be lucky guy!
    You must [not] advance.

Current Rig: i7 4790k @ stock (**** TIM!) , Zotac GTX 1080 WC'd 2214mhz core / 5528mhz Mem, Asus z-97 Deluxe

Heatware

Xtreme Addict
    Great!

I would prefer a single contest and let the 1st to choose first from all of the prizes, the 2nd to choose from the remaining prizes and so on.

What do you think?
    -

Xtreme Member
    As long I can enter and have a chance to win something I'll be happy. A single contest with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will do. Please no extreme overclocking contests though. Most of us don't have access to LN2 etc.
    Props to Mountain Mods and Koolance for donating such awesome prizes!

Xtreme Cruncher
    Big thanks to Mountain Mods and Koolance ... you guys are great
    Some random thoughts on contests and prizes.
    I would prefer to see multiple contests in multiple categories with limitations set on relevant parameters for each competition, things like cooling techniques. I don't think random awarding of prizes is particulary Xtreme unless you count on Xtreme luck Would this limit the people who enter each contest, sure but it also keeps those people focused on the skills they are trying to work out for the particular contest. Would I be any good at say air cooled RAM ... likely not but I would hate to think I would win RAM because I was lucky over the people who put time and effort into getting great results. Realistically there are only so many sponsors willing to participate, it's not like there are hundreds of prizes to give away, let's do it based on skill.
    My last point may a bit touchy but I don't think winning prizes in these contests should be open to people who are sponsored. Entering th contest should definately be open to everyone as this may foster a greater commraderie between the *super* OC folks and those of use who may not be quite as dedicated along with providing lots of fun and entertainment.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast