Thread: So when do the "Extreme Performance" Swiftech Rads come out

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Gabe picture isn't working, sorry.

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk
    MagisD

6 Quad rads 1 case Maybe I went a little overboard....Overkill Cube

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Better than all of the above: here are facts.

For reference, form factor of xp = qp

Analysis in a nutshell: the curves demonstrate that according to our tests, XP series are more efficient than QP with fans ranging from 1500 RPM and up.

In other words, with the same radiator form factor, users will now have better performance vs noise vs cost optimization choices
    Awesome, thanks for answering Gabe. Very good to know. BTW, Swiftech rads are by far the best. Way, way better than... Well let's just say they are the best. All the performance half the space. Awesome.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MagisD View Post

Works for me.

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by MagisD View Post

Works for me

Thanks for the preview, Gabe. Looks promising

Xtreme Member
    Thanks Gabe!!!

Quote Originally Posted by newls1 View Post
    Gabe: Pictures!!!!!!!!!!
    Imagine an MCR with a greater fin density.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Better than all of the above: here are facts.

For reference, form factor of xp = qp

Analysis in a nutshell: the curves demonstrate that according to our tests, XP series are more efficient than QP with fans ranging from 1500 RPM and up.

In other words, with the same radiator form factor, users will now have better performance vs noise vs cost optimization choices

Wow, awesome!

Very refreshing to have the facts up front

Nice to see, should be a really nice low restriction higher speed fan option

Xtreme Enthusiast
    very interesting...
    but will it beat an SR1 @900rpm ?

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by quattro_ View Post
    very interesting...
    but will it beat an SR1 @900rpm ?
    You mean does the QP beat the SR1 at low CFM?
    IDK, we haven't tested.
    CEO Swiftech

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post
    Wow, awesome!

Very refreshing to have the facts up front

Nice to see, should be a really nice low restriction higher speed fan option
    That's the idea - This line of products complements our existing line-up and intends to compete with either high fin-density, or dual row rads that necessitate high pressure fans, while featuring a thin form factor and/or a lower cost.

For ultra low noise, QP remains king of the bang-for-the-buck. You know that they say, "if it ain't broke.."
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Enthusiast
    You mean does the QP beat the SR1 at low CFM?
    IDK, we haven't tested.
    lol i mixed up the xp an qp in the 900rpm curve, thought the xp was better.
    sorry about that .

Xtreme Member
    Thanks gabe cant wait!

Xtreme Guru
    gabe: exactly. QP ain't broken in any way, and might i even say - are even after several years still best rads for smart price/performancy minded builds. You really managed to hit the nail with them back then on initial launch with choosing good compromise between price/thickness/quiet fan optimization.
    I'm not too sure about xtreme ones though. There are buyers for high speed fan builds too, but imho ones wishing for silence from LC outnumber those as 10:1 (wild guess), so volumes sold of these rads might be much lower.

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    gabe: exactly. QP ain't broken in any way, and might i even say - are even after several years still best rads for smart price/performancy minded builds. You really managed to hit the nail with them back then on initial launch with choosing good compromise between price/thickness/quiet fan optimization.
    I'm not too sure about xtreme ones though. There are buyers for high speed fan builds too, but imho ones wishing for silence from LC outnumber those as 10:1 (wild guess), so volumes sold of these rads might be much lower.
    Very good point, but let me ask you this then: what do ppl who use dual row rads use for fans? there are tons of dual rows being sold AFAIK, at least in Europe.

Besides, there is also the possibility of push-pull which seems to be in fashion these days ;-)
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Member
    Very good point, but let me ask you this then: what do ppl who use dual row rads use for fans? there are tons of dual rows being sold AFAIK, at least in Europe.

Besides, there is also the possibility of push-pull which seems to be in fashion these days ;-)
    People buy those big beefy rads because there is a misconception that size equals performance. I made that mistake myself on my current build. I just ordered a MCR420-QP from Jab for the build I am working on. In all honesty I don't think that there is a good argument out there in favor of a bloated pos's like the fessors of the world.

If I told you that I invented a new type of engine that made as much power as a traditional motor and took up half the space, I doubt there would be much argument as to which was better. I don't know about the rest of you, but space is a major consideration in the build I am working on. I would like to fit everything inside the case this time around. The QPs work as well as anything else out there and do it in much smaller and more economical package. Its not rocket appliance.

Aaron

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Definitely awesome to have data, Gabe. Thanks for that!
    i7 2600k, 8GB 1866Mhz DDR3, GTX560 Ti, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4, CM Cosmos 1000 Case, and some green crap everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandr0s View Post
    So you're saying I could use my own pee as coolant?

Xtreme Mentor
    That graph look great
    Intel Core i5 6600K + ASRock Z170 OC Formula + Galax HOF 4000 (8GBx2) + Antec 1200W OC Version
    EK SupremeHF + BlackIce GTX360 + Swiftech 655 + XSPC ResTop
    Macbook Pro 15" Late 2011 (i7 2760QM + HD 6770M)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) , Huawei Nexus 6P
    [history system]80286 80386 80486 Cyrix K5 Pentium133 Pentium II Duron1G Athlon1G E2180 E3300 E5300 E7200 E8200 E8400 E8500 E8600 Q9550 QX6800 X3-720BE i7-920 i3-530 i5-750 Semp140@x2 955BE X4-B55 Q6600 i5-2500K i7-2600K X4-B60 X6-1055T FX-8120 i7-4790K

Xtreme Addict
    Dude, I just bought a whole bunch of slimline Koolance rads because there was no other option for my Kaze 3000's!

I's a little sad now...
    PROJECT :: The Xtreme (WET) Dream!!!

PERSONAL H2O BESTS :
    E8600 @ 4.8GHz
    E6750 @ 4GHz QX9650 @ 4.6GHz
    i7 920 @ 4.6GHz

PERSONAL AIR BESTS :
    Sempron140 @ 4Ghz (Stock Cooler)
    i7 3960x @ 5.4ghz (Air Cooler)

Bex : "Who said girls can't play PC games or overclock!? Do I look like your imagination!?"
    Aaron : "TBH, a girl doing all that is a pretty perfect girl!"
    Swift_Wraith : "could someone please check bex for a penis?"

Xtreme Guru
    gabe: there are also tons of customers that buy 30FPI GTS rads because manufacturer wrote that they are great in in silent builds. "designed for uncompromising performance and stealth silent operation", yeah, right, and then they use sub-1K rpm fans on them. Don't underestimate power of marketing & PR BS. Many buy things based on just what's written(/lied) in product description, without doing homework of checking out independent reviews/tests/comparisons first. Just like it's very common in relation to fan choice from what i've seen in several PC forums. They fanatically cite wonder cfm/db numbers from product descriptions .. and keep buying wrong ones then what they actually would have wished for

Xtreme Member
    @churchy good catch churchy I thought he was talking about those super thick rads : ) and you're right, people will believe anything you print.

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaronharmon View Post
    People buy those big beefy rads because there is a misconception that size equals performance. I made that mistake myself on my current build. I just ordered a MCR420-QP from Jab for the build I am working on. In all honesty I don't think that there is a good argument out there in favor of a bloated pos's like the fessors of the world.

If I told you that I invented a new type of engine that made as much power as a traditional motor and took up half the space, I doubt there would be much argument as to which was better. I don't know about the rest of you, but space is a major consideration in the build I am working on. I would like to fit everything inside the case this time around. The QPs work as well as anything else out there and do it in much smaller and more economical package. Its not rocket appliance.

Aaron
    Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    gabe: there are also tons of customers that buy 30FPI GTS rads because manufacturer wrote that they are great in in silent builds. "designed for uncompromising performance and stealth silent operation", yeah, right, and then they use sub-1K rpm fans on them. Don't underestimate power of marketing & PR BS. Many buy things based on just what's written(/lied) in product description, without doing homework of checking out independent reviews/tests/comparisons first. Just like it's very common in relation to fan choice from what i've seen in several PC forums. They fanatically cite wonder cfm/db numbers from product descriptions .. and keep buying wrong ones then what they actually would have wished for
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaronharmon View Post
    @churchy good catch churchy I thought he was talking about those super thick rads : ) and you're right, people will believe anything you print.
    @all above

Wow, I couldn't have said it any better myself
    So, we're on the same page

Let's see how the market reacts then ! I for one think that it is always a good thing to offer people more choices.
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Guru
    Gabe: imho you should rather expand your QP line with 140mm versions and .. make a deal with Nidec Servo to make 140mm Gentle Typhoons
    EDIT
    BTW, such fans also should make also great addition to 140mm polaris cooler, seeing as most top air coolers these days use one or two ~ 140mm sized fan (thermalright's TY-140 on archon and silver arrow are very wierd sized though with mounting holes of 120mm fan and size of 153x140, Noctua's NF-P14 FLX NH-DH14 also has 120mm mount holes). If scythe is too slow with bringing such product to market, why not some LC vendor?
    Last edited by Church; 04-12-2011 at 09:07 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast

The fans that I use (and are highly touted at High RPMS) are the San Ace HR101.. they're great fans for high density rads such as the GTX480.

World Champion - IRONMODS
    Well, it's taking me a lot of time to fold all these fins one by one

Seriously: they should be ready for release before month's end.
    Are these still on track for release in the next few days? (Please )
    Quote Originally Posted by Massman
    My definition of 'efficient' is 'it does not suck monkeyballs'. Yes, I set bars low.
    [CENTER]The post counter is not an intelligence meter!

MAX11L - "It's like a console...with the suck turned down and the awesome turned up" -tet5uo
    Heat Team IRONMODS

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by miahallen View Post
    Are these still on track for release in the next few days? (Please )
    Would like to know as well

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast