Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ****Catalyst 11.4 early preview****

Xtreme Member
    Ok..

You are not going to believe this...b/c I can't.

So I uninstall Catalyst 11.3 through the control panel using the "change" has recommended by ATI. I then booted into safe mode and ran Driver Sweeper 2.9.

I physically uninstalled one of my cards. I then load into Windows and install 11.4 3/29 driver. It gives me a HDMI/DP failure (like every other f*cking time)....I restart the machine and then shutdown.

I install my second card with bridge. I boot my machine and when it gets to Windows, the screen remains dark. I wiat a few minutes and nothing shows up so I shutdown the machine.

Reboot and I get to Windows desktop, however, according to ATI, there is no driver installed now...it magically disappeared. So I install 11.4 AGAIN.

I run Lost Planet 2 bench and crossfire is broken....!!!!!!!!!

Am I somehow continuing to download the retard version of 11.4?! This is really starting to piss me off.

Edit: just reinstalled 11.3. Crossfire works no problem.....
    BL
    Last edited by BLHealthy4life; 04-05-2011 at 12:30 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    i once heard with the new catalyst drivers using driversweeper screws tons of things up. I have seen numerous posts on this board advising against using driversweeper for the new ati/amd drivers
    i9-10900k@5.3ghz//MSI MEG z490 Unify//32GB Gskill TridentZ b.die@DDR4666//RTX 2080ti(+150/+700) kingpin bios//Samsung 970 Pro//Corsair AX1200i
    Custom Loop: Dual DDCs->Dual EK XE360 w/GT's -> HK IV CPU -> HK IV GPU ->EK X3 Res controlled by Aquaero 6

Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Circaflex View Post
    i once heard with the new catalyst drivers using driversweeper screws tons of things up. I have seen numerous posts on this board advising against using driversweeper for the new ati/amd drivers
    I had major issues with even 10.9+ catalysts running driversweeper on windows 7. Eventually, I just decided against it. Usually now the most I do is uninstall a driver, restart the machine, let it install whatever default WDDM driver it wants, then install the new catalysts over those.

either that, or just install the new catalysts over the old, which actually works surprisingly. W7 is just odd the way it handles graphics drivers compared to the older OS's.
    System:
    2600K / 8GB Corsair Vengeance PC15000
    Asus Sabertooth P67 / MSI Twin Frozr II 6950 Crossfire
    corsair 1000hx / Corsair 800D obsidian
    Crucial M4 128GB SSD / Windows 7 Pro
    Cooling:
    Koolance 360 rev 1.1 CPU block / MCR320 QP rad
    OCZ hydropulse 800 pump w/ EK-DCP 4.0 res
    Primochill LRT Black tubing 3/8" ID x 5/8" OD

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ex2cib View Post
    I had major issues with even 10.9+ catalysts running driversweeper on windows 7. Eventually, I just decided against it. Usually now the most I do is uninstall a driver, restart the machine, let it install whatever default WDDM driver it wants, then install the new catalysts over those.

either that, or just install the new catalysts over the old, which actually works surprisingly. W7 is just odd the way it handles graphics drivers compared to the older OS's.
    If Driver Sweeper really messed things up, then Catalyst 11.2 and 11.3 wouldn't work right for me b/c I've used DS inbetween both several times.

I've tried installing 11.4 over top of 11.3 with no luck as well....

These drivers are like Simple Jack in Tropic Thunder - "Full Retard".

BL

Xtreme Enthusiast
    There is no mention of using any kind of driver sweeper/cleaner in the ATI/AMD uninstall/install instructions.
    I used the same archaic methods of installing drivers that I learned years ago from some website. It does not work and is no longer necessary. In fact it screwed things up so bad that I had to manually remove all ATI entries in the registry before I could get the ATI/AMD recommended method to work and have not had a problem since (about a year). It just takes a couple of mouse clicks and a reboot to install these drivers now.
    Really, it is that easy.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaganII View Post
    There is no mention of using any kind of driver sweeper/cleaner in the ATI/AMD uninstall/install instructions.
    I used the same archaic methods of installing drivers that I learned years ago from some website. It does not work and is no longer necessary. In fact it screwed things up so bad that I had to manually remove all ATI entries in the registry before I could get the ATI/AMD recommended method to work and have not had a problem since (about a year). It just takes a couple of mouse clicks and a reboot to install these drivers now.
    Really, it is that easy.
    I know that there is no mention of using Driver Sweeper in ATI's instructions.

I've uninstalled the drivers using only ATI's uninstall method and installed 11.4and crossfire is still broken.

Also, I previously mentioned that I've done TWO, yes TWO, fresh W7 x64 installs with 11.4 and BOTH times crossfire was broken....

Any explanation how 11.4 crossfire fails to work on two seperate fresh OS installs?

Seriously, I've tried anything that you could think of to get these 11.4s to work....

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Ya it is weird that 11.3 works for you and 11.4 does not because 11.4 apparently works for some people. I was going to suggest disabling Cat A.I. but if 11.3 works you probably already tried that. Makes me want to order another card just to try it as running 3D cuts frame rates in half (must render 2 images).

Quote Originally Posted by PaganII View Post
    Ya it is weird that 11.3 works for you and 11.4 does not because 11.4 apparently works for some people. I was going to suggest disabling Cat A.I. but if 11.3 works you probably already tried that. Makes me want to order another card just to try it as running 3D cuts frame rates in half (must render 2 images).
    I used the 11.4 beta when I installed my 6850 last month, then I updated it by unistalling the beta and installing the latest 11.4 last week. So far so good. I'm using an H67 with the intel igp for TV out, no issues to speak of. I personally think 11.4 is a step in the right direction, hopefully it becomes official soon.

Xtreme Mentor
    I have found a bug is 11.3 enabling gpu scaling makes the color go 16 bit.
    My windows aero disables to wth because of 16 bit color wth :/

I have like a stuck frame on my tv in media center in full screen if I enable it this it stops it.
    this has happened to me before with my tv tuner (ati 650 pro theater)
    Last edited by demonkevy666; 04-23-2011 at 08:23 PM.
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    "AMD fallen angel"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamekiller View Post
    You didn't get the memo? 1 hour 'Fugger time' is equal to 12 hours of regular time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123