Thread: Best under $100 in ear head phones

Join XS WCG or \/ !!

Question Best under $100 in ear head phones

I just got a new 64gig iPod Touch 4gen today for my birthday. I am loving it but my question is what is the best under $100 in ear head phones for sound reproduction out there. I work in a factory and use my mp3 players while working on the tractor and mowing grass also so it must block the sound well. I like depth in my music but pounding bass is not nessary. I hope that paints enough of a picture to see what I am wanting.
    Thank you for your time gentelmen.

Got an Xtreme System? Bring it here! <----

Creative ZEN AURVANA, I paid $20 at a newegg sale. BEST $20 I'VE EVER SPENT. The bass isn't super great but it's no stock earphone. And it's quite good at keeping sound out. Once a teacher was talking to me, I thought she was just saying hi but when I got to my desk the kid next to me had to tap my shoulder to get my attention. I didn't hear a thing and the music volume was even that high

Xtreme Cruncher
    V-moda were the best I owned, $100, comfortable, great sound. But they had one design flaw, the wires were wrapped in silicone or some soft rubber, after about two years the rubber ripped and the wires ripped also. Since those I've been through Sony, panasonic and now skull candy buds but I wouldn't recommend any of those and want a pair of v-modas again
    XTREMESupercomputer: Phase 2
    Live up to your name - November 1 - 8
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Beast View Post
    Creative ZEN AURVANA, I paid $20 at a newegg sale. BEST $20 I'VE EVER SPENT. The bass isn't super great but it's no stock earphone. And it's quite good at keeping sound out. Once a teacher was talking to me, I thought she was just saying hi but when I got to my desk the kid next to me had to tap my shoulder to get my attention. I didn't hear a thing and the music volume was even that high
    I had a pair of those, I wouldn't even pay $20 for them. Shure SE115 or 210 should kick ass for that price, at least according to my ears.
    I KNOW MASSMAN DISLIKES YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by saaya
    yo yo... man, you gotta lose the beard... you look like a drunk :P
    Competition ranking: Better than the danes in everything I've ever entered.

Xtreme 3D Team
    Head Direct RE0 seems to be praised a bit by audiophiles I know. In fact, my next two audio related purchases will be a set of RE0's and the Audio Technica ATH-M50S.
    Dunno what happened to the advice in here, seems to have diminished in quantity over the last few months. Head-Fi.org is full of info.

I would take a $12 pair of JVC HAFX over those Creative Zen Aurvana's.
    Last edited by BeepBeep2; 03-08-2011 at 02:07 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Shure e4c's used to go for nearly $200 on Head-Fi and then they got discontinued and now you can find them on eBay for $50 if you're patient.

File Server:
    Super Micro X8DTi
    2x E5620 2.4Ghz Westmere
    12GB DDR3 ECC Registered
    50GB OCZ Vertex 2
    RocketRaid 3520
    6x 1.5TB RAID5
    Zotac GT 220
    Zippy 600W

3DMark05: 12308
    3DMark03: 25820

Xtreme Member
    Every once in a while you can find a refub set of turbines on monster's website. I have been loving mine so far.

Sent from my GSBv1.9 ERIS using Tapatalk

all outta gum
    I'm using NuForce NE-7M with my iphone - environment insulation is pretty good, sound reproduction is better than most similarly priced earplugs, and they work as a hands-free headset.
    I like some good metal thrashin' and they work perfectly for that
    Last edited by G.Foyle; 03-13-2011 at 08:55 AM.
    www.teampclab.pl
    MOA 2009 Poland #2, AMD Black Ops 2010, MOA 2011 Poland #1, MOA 2011 EMEA #12

Test bench: empty

Join XS WCG or \/ !!
    Thanks every one for the input. I till check into the ones you listed.

Got an Xtreme System? Bring it here! <----