Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swiftech Is Going To Release 140mm Rads!

Xtreme Member

Swiftech Is Going To Release 140mm Rads!

when i saw this i squealed like a little girl

http://www.swiftech.com/mcr-x40.aspx

And this...

MCR XP Xtreme Performance Series
    http://www.swiftech.com/mcr-xp.aspx

Xtreme Member
    I'm more interested in the MCR XP (extreme performance)

http://www.swiftech.com/mcr-x20.aspx

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PSH1138 View Post
    And this...

MCR XP Xtreme Performance Series
    http://www.swiftech.com/mcr-xp.aspx
    damn, beat me to it lol. I had 2 or 3 reply windows open and I didn't refresh the thread before I posted : )

Perfect timing, about to build two watercooling system. I hope Gabe keeps the price cheap.
    Corsair 700D - Intel i5 2500k @4.8 stock voltage cooled w/EK HF - Asus Maximus IV GENE-Z - SAMSUNG MV-3V4G3D/US 8-9-9-24-1T @1866 1.5V
    Nvidia 580 cooled w/EK waterblock - XSPC RX-480 - Swiftech MCP35B - Corsair Force 3 60gig x 2 - WD 2TB x2 - Seagate 1.5TB x 2

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaronharmon View Post
    I'm more interested in the MCR XP (extreme performance)

http://www.swiftech.com/mcr-x20.aspx
    +1
    Can't wait to see what they have in store there. If the slim thickness QP model pretty much keep up with the double thickness competition, then these should be interesting..

Xtreme Addict
    i wonder how thick will their 140's be... i'd love to see a 140's that's same thickness as their current ones with the same "best bang for the buck" concept...
    "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times challenge and controversy."
    Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

DIY: Self Clinching Nuts

Canon EOS 7D | Tokina 12-24mm f/4 | Canon EF 24-105 f/4 L | Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8 L IS Mk II | Canon EF 35mm f/1.4 L | Canon EF 400mm f/5.6 L | Canon EF 100-400mm f/4-5.6 L

Xtreme Addict
    Swiftech makes some good rads for low RPM fans, 140mm radiators are usually made for quieter fans... fantastic combination, I want in!
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

Xtreme Addict
    I just hope they reduce the restriction by making the endtanks a bit bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post
    +1
    Can't wait to see what they have in store there. If the slim thickness QP model pretty much keep up with the double thickness competition, then these should be interesting..
    Theoretically the only advantage increasing thickness should give is reduced pressure drop, so I wouldn't actually expect much of a performance increase over a standard MCR (a couple of % max) unless they integrate a shroud into the design.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogerlad View Post
    I just hope they reduce the restriction by making the endtanks a bit bigger.
    If that's your only concern, I'd say they've hit the mark pretty good on their products

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by pluck View Post
    Theoretically the only advantage increasing thickness should give is reduced pressure drop, so I wouldn't actually expect much of a performance increase over a standard MCR (a couple of % max) unless they integrate a shroud into the design.
    I'm with you... I'm not sure XP even means double thickness or something else...just speculating. Now that they are moving onto 140mm rads, maybe the 120XP means 140mm rad width shrouded and to length for 120mm fans, or maybe that AND double thickness... I'm sure it'll be an improvement over the QP line which is already an excellent rad and performer.

Xtreme Member
    You know, Gabe could just weigh in on this and put all the speculation to rest. Just sayin : )

Xtreme Guru
    I doubt he's very happy with news leaking that soon (i'm partially to blame with it, as i posted about noticing these 140mm rads when quickly browsed through new site he worked on mentioned in one other thread). I hope he won't get any punishment for that by higher-ups.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Or maybe he wants to know our opinion on upcoming rad, ideas, design, features.... and stick to WC community desires
    An unfortunate person is one tries to fart but sh1ts instead...

My Water Cooling Case Build (closed)

Xtreme Addict
    Flying through Space, with armoire, Armoire of INVINCIBILATAAAAY!
    If only Nidec Servo got off their ass and made a 140mm version of Gente Typhoon instead of crazy high RPM version...
    Sigs are obnoxious.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    If only Nidec Servo got off their ass and made a 140mm version of Gente Typhoon instead of crazy high RPM version...
    Yeah, they could've released different color versions before making loud-as-a-room-full-of-server-loud versions, too. But no, black should mean crazy loud instead .
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Another XP possibility could just be the same QP core, but higher density fins for more high speed optimization..

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    I doubt he's very happy with news leaking that soon (i'm partially to blame with it, as i posted about noticing these 140mm rads when quickly browsed through new site he worked on mentioned in one other thread). I hope he won't get any punishment for that by higher-ups.
    Gabe is the "higher up" lol

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Thing is 99% of their business is sever/enterprise. Not much call for 140mm fans in that market. The 120 GT's are adapted from their enterprise products by Scythe for retail.
    Unless they know they will sell minimum 100,000 140mm fans, it's not going to happen.
    Sanyo Denki has several 140mm models, but the fans do not exist until a minimum order of 24 is received, then they make the fans to order. Takes over 3 months, & ass load of cash up front to get them.

Sad but true, just not a big enough market for Nidec to do it.

This is no excuse for the missing 2150rpm GT 120mm though.
    Last edited by the finisher; 03-06-2011 at 12:15 AM.
    Donate to XS.org

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Ben Franklin
    "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." -Thomas Jefferson

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."-Thomas Paine

Xtreme Member
    I once had two 140mm fans pulled from Thermaltake PSUs. They blow some great air. To bad I can't find them sold without the PSU. Does anyone know who makes them for TT? These would work well with a 140 RAD or dual 140 size RAD being 280.
    Support Your Local Sheriff - At high noon

My Heatware http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=63611

The pump Maverick, BMaverick ... has a massive hoard of a Laing DDC pump stash

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by the finisher View Post
    Thing is 99% of their business is sever/enterprise. Not much call for 140mm fans in that market. The 120 GT's are adapted from their enterprise products by Scythe for retail.
    Unless they know they will sell minimum 100,000 140mm fans, it's not going to happen.
    Oh? It seems they just manufacture fans anywhere from 40mm-172mm, in addition to their good selection of blowers and an excellent range of DC motors and drivers.

Notably absent from their lineup are, however, 140mm fans.
    Sigs are obnoxious.

I am Xtreme
    Oh? It seems they just manufacture fans anywhere from 40mm-172mm, in addition to their good selection of blowers and an excellent range of DC motors and drivers.

Notably absent from their lineup are, however, 140mm fans.
    ...because it's like what the finisher said, there isn't much call for 140mm fans in the server industry side of computers. Why waste development/tooling dollars on a fan that doesn't fit your clients needs? Let's not also forget that (for some reason), the fan manu's are rather slow to adopt sizes (however popular with the enthusiast). I started building my own computers in '99 and most cases still had 80mm holes in them. If you wanted to use a 120mm, you had a very limited selection (which weren't that good but, still better than a 80mm for noise) and you had to make your own hole for it. It took a long time for 120mm fans to get "decent" and they are still improving them to this day.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Addict
    So you're saying there's a big demand for 40x40x13mm fans in the server market?
    Sigs are obnoxious.

Xtreme Guru
    iddqd: for 1U servers, why not? Especially when acceptable noise levels in server markets are much much higher then for consumerish PC residing in bedroom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast