Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swiftech Heatpipe Tower

Xtreme Addict
    I don't think that would fit on my asus ch4.
    Not unless I took a stick of mem out and went single chan.

Pretty sure that fan would get in the way because the heatsink is to short.

Ediit:
    I'm wrong, the fan wouldn't get in the way.
    It would still be close, with the 120mm+ width, there's not much room with the 80mm stock heatsink I got on there now...
    Sits right against my mem fan.
    I'm pretty sure this would not work if I were to try it.

It's still the usual up/dn arrangement with the fan.
    Blowing the hot air towards the top of the case instead of the back, but to each his or her own I guess ,

I think it's odd how they are using the heatsink directly on the core like that.
    Looks like a good idea in practice.
    But those things are thin and hollow, they are supposed to fill them with alcohol or acetone but at some companies don't, thermaltake don't.
    Last edited by NEOAethyr; 03-30-2011 at 05:09 AM.

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by danielkza View Post
    I don't get why they disregarded push-pull completely with such a dense fin array.
    Quote Originally Posted by stangracin3 View Post
    i wouldn't mind seeing a review with push/pull high speed yates...
    This is a single fan product guys..
    CEO Swiftech

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Any chance of a push+pull capable revision in the future?

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Any chance of a push+pull capable revision in the future?
    In light of our renewed commitment to serving the air-cooling market, I'd say that chances are pretty high that we will look at all possible optimizing solutions :-)
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Member
    That's exactly what I was asking, why is it a single fan product?

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by danielkza View Post
    That's exactly what I was asking, why is it a single fan product?
    Because we decided to optimize the airflow for single fan use. Dual fan designs necessitate different fin configuration, not optimum for single fan use.
    CEO Swiftech

Banned Movieman...
    that doesn't mean i dont want to see dual highspeed yates on it...
    lol

Xtreme Member
    I guess its kind of bad if it can't beat the 212+ more convincingly with a higher rpm fan. I know hdt heatsinks are supposed to be cheaper to manufacture but its been proven many times that a solid base one is better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleatus View Post
    Just cause you pour syrup over crap dont make it pancakes

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by halfwaythere View Post
    I guess its kind of bad if it can't beat the 212+ more convincingly with a higher rpm fan. I know hdt heatsinks are supposed to be cheaper to manufacture but its been proven many times that a solid base one is better.
    Convincingly ?

Let's discard stock speed tests for now, since the small thermal load can't really create any significant differences between all these high end coolers.

Look at the O/C results:

According to the Overclockers online article, the Polaris beat the 212+ by 3 Degrees C (i5 @ 3.9 Ghz and 1.4v), and according to the Tweaktown article, it beat it by 5 Degrees C. In my book, anything in this range is more than convincing.

This being said, I do not believe in all honesty that comparing the Polaris 120 to the 212+ is fair to the 212+. The 212+ is a 4 heatpipe design, whereas the Polaris is a 5 heatpipe design.

I am only arguing on the word "convincingly" in an attempt to put things into a different prospective: in effect, in our thermal management world once a product reaches the top performance of a given class, the differences in Degrees C become in fact quite small. So in order to attract the attention of the buyers, we have to offer more than just performance: price, looks, convenience, mounting, etc etc.. It becomes a complete package.

The goal for the Polaris was clear, and let me restate it: "The lead concept for this product is value: packing the maximum performance and broadest range of utilizations in an affordable yet qualitative offering"

Did we succeed? Time only will tell. So far, the Media verdict is encouraging, but ultimately, only users like you will make a difference in terms of how succesful the product really is.

Be

BTW, don't feel bad about my argument. When I firt looked at the non O/C results on the overclockers online article, I also saw that the difference was only 1C, and that is non-convincing indeed. What it means is that if you don't overclock, you really don't need a Polaris class cooler
    CEO Swiftech

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12