Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't Buy EVGA SSC Models If You Want Step-Ups and a Lifetime Warranty

Banned Movieman...
    Quote Originally Posted by Telo View Post
    When did AMD put this in play? I bought a Black Edition 6870 on 12/30/10, it is overclocked.
    they didn't

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuusei View Post
    Hold up hold up hold up. As far as I can tell nothing has changed other than the fact that if you have a KR card, you can purchase an extended warranty.

EVGA's warranty policies were never based on card names like "SuperClock" or "FTW". It has always been based on their product code suffixes -KR, -AR, etc. Names can always be and probably have been thrown around on different card series, like a 460 -AR might of been called a SuperClock has a lifetime warranty, but a 560 TI -KR which is also called a SuperClock doesn't.

So basically, the warranties haven't changed. -KR cards still carry a 3 year warranty. -AR cards still have the lifetime warranty. Only now, you can buy extended warranties for the -KR cards.

Moral of the story? If you want lifetime warranty, don't look for "FTW" "SuperClock" or whatever marketing mumbojumbo naming crap. Pay attention to the product code.
    ^ is the way it is. The differences are seen by looking at the product code. That's why I've been waiting for the last week to get a 570 SSC with a lifetime warranty vice the 3 year warranty . You have to look closely.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I got screwed by them needing a name and email to use there software with or out without buying a product. I dont like to give my name and email out so when I wanted to try some evga overclocking software I gave a false name but the right email. Now I have two gtx470,s and cant register them for any warranty because I dont remember the name I used and it comes up as the email is already being used. I can make a new email but its past the 30 day time limit now.
    Last edited by fordf250; 03-14-2011 at 05:37 AM. Reason: spelling
    Rampage III Gene I7 950@4.48G--1.485V HR-02 12G G.Skill 1600-1.5V, GTX470-SLI@725core 1750mem, Antec P180 MINI

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by fordf250 View Post
    I got screwed by them needing a name and email to use there software with or out without buying a product. I dont like to give my name and email out so when I wanted to try some evga overclocking software I gave a false name but the right email. Now I have two gtx470,s and cant register them for any warranty because I dont remember the name I used and it comes up as the email is already being used. I can make a new email but its past the 30 day time limit now.
    I'd say you got screwed by providing a false name and not evga for wanting a name and email. I guess next time you'll have to decide if the software is really worth your name and email address....

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by josh1980 View Post
    I'd say you got screwed by providing a false name and not evga for wanting a name and email. I guess next time you'll have to decide if the software is really worth your name and email address....
    This is what they want for info. All fields filled.

https://www.evga.com/support/signup.asp

I will never give that info to a company that could be sold to anyone.
    Last edited by fordf250; 03-14-2011 at 11:22 AM. Reason: spelling.
    Rampage III Gene I7 950@4.48G--1.485V HR-02 12G G.Skill 1600-1.5V, GTX470-SLI@725core 1750mem, Antec P180 MINI

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Telo View Post
    When did AMD put this in play? I bought a Black Edition 6870 on 12/30/10, it is overclocked.
    you didn't get a built by AMD model like an OEM OC'd from AMD. You got some other company name on it who put their own OC'd BIOS on the card. NVIDIA announced they are going to start producing built by NVIDIA cards again, as in no in between company.
    CPU: Intel i5-3570K @ 4.2ghz (1.064V)
    GPU: SLI ASUS GTX 660 Ti DCII 2GB @ 1215/7012
    LCD: BenQ XL2420TE (144Hz)
    Mobo: ASRock Z77 Extreme6
    Sound: SoundBlaster ZXR + Yamaha RX-V863 (LPCM) + Polk Audio Monitor Series II Speakers
    RAM: G.SKILL Sniper Series DDR3 2133 4x4GB
    Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB + 1TB Seagate Barracuda +1TB WD Black Caviar
    PSU: Corsair HX 750W 80+ Silver (62A)
    UPS: Cyberpower CP1200AVR (720W)
    Cooling: Corsair 650D + TT Water2.0 Pro + 2x Silverstone FM121

Xtreme Cruncher
    This is what they want for info. All fields filled.

https://www.evga.com/support/signup.asp

I will never give that info to a company that could be sold to anyone.
    Then you don't have any credit cards, no "rewards cards", no "preferred customer cards", no cell phone, and no vehicle?

If you are true to your word, you are my freakin' hero right now. All of the places I just mentioned will sell your info in a second, and they do! If you can live like that you are a better man(or woman) than I.

Me personally, I have an email account and full fake persona for the people that require that info. I got a name, address, email, everthing, except a social security number. It comes in handy once in a while.

Edit: I think you might have missed my point. You traded fake data for EVGAs software program. Normally, I would be okay with it. But you screwed yourself by providing the fake data. You really have nobody to blame but yourself because you chose to provide fake data. You did have the option of not using EVGAs overclocking software, or even using real credentials.

But EVGA is screwed up, in my opinion, for asking for the data just to download the application. Two wrongs don't make a right, as seen here.
    Last edited by josh1980; 03-14-2011 at 11:56 AM.

Xtreme Member
    The reason there isn't these higher end Fact OC cards is that the GF100 and GF110 cant clock that high reliably enough for these cards to be produced. Would you produce a card with an OC that has a high probability of failing and dealing with the rmas or would you just not produce them? This is the question that companies have to face. The other option is paying nvidia for extremely high binned chips in order to do this. In summary they cant produce SSC cards because there isnt enough OC headroom and then you take reliability.
    Last edited by =SOC= Admiral; 03-19-2011 at 07:44 AM.
    My rig the Kill-Jacker

CPU: AMD Phenom II 1055T 3.82GHz
    Mobo: ASUS Crosshair IV Extreme
    Game GPU: EVGA GTX580
    Secondary GPU 2: EVGA GTX470
    Memory: Mushkin DDR3 1600 Ridgeback 8GB
    PSU: Silverstone SST-ST1000-P
    HDD: WD 250GB Blue 7200RPM
    HDD2: WD 1TB Blue 7200RPM
    CPU Cooler: TRUE120 Rev. B Pull
    Case: Antec 1200

FAH Tracker V2 Project Site

Xtreme Addict
    My SC has a 1.062 VID. It's stable @ 1.000V when running the stock speeds of 900 Mhz. But it refuses to go past that @ all. Binned my...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    It depends. There are multiple versions of EVGA cards. Say GTX460 SC -AR and -TR, TR has a 3 year warranty and AR has Lifetime I believe. I had 2 GTX480 SC's with the -AR part number, stepped up to 2 awesome crazy low VID GTX580 vanillas Along with lifetime once again. Paid 18$ including shipping per card. You have to read their lifetime disclaimer a bit more indepth, I know I have.
    Project Elegant Dreams
    CPU: Intel 980x (3005F803T) @ Stock , Mobo: Rampage III Extreme, Ram: 24GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 C9 1T 1.51v GPU: SLI EK'd Vanilla GTX580, 0.875v @ idle.
    Sound:Asus Xonar Xense w/Sennheiser PC350
    SSD: 2x OCZ Agility 3 120GB RAID-0 on ICH10 Storage: 2x1.5TB Hitachi 5K3000, 1.5TB WD Black, 1TB F3, various other HDD's Case: Obsidian 800D, PSU: Corsair AX1200,

Water Cooling
    Main Loop
    EK Supreme HF
    EK GTX480 blocks on EVGA 580s
    MCP355 and MCP35X in serial
    Dual BlackIce GTX480 Rads

Xtreme Member
    Kyuusei is right. I don't know why you have a problem with evga's new warranty policy. non-AR cards never had extended warranty in the past, now you have the option.

And you should really just buy the vanilla AR card and OC it yourself. Most vanilla cards will OC to whatever level (FTW, SC, SCC...) you want anyway.
    Mobo: eVGA x58 Classified (759)
    CPU: i7-990x
    GPU: 2xGTX 580
    Cooling: F1 Gemini/Tek-9 Fat LN2 | 12k BTU Chiller HK 3.0/DD Water Block
    RAM: 3 x 2gb DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Tracers
    HD: OCZ LE SSD 100GB | OCZ Vertex 2 SSD 60GB
    PSU: PC Power & Cooling 1200W
    Monitor: Dell 2707 LCD

Xtreme Member
    interesting
    Internal Watercooling Antec 900 Build Log*

WC loop: Black ice extreme 240 radiator, XSPC 120 radiator, HK 3.0, D5 pump with Bitspower top, DD fillport, Primochill tubing, distilled + ptnuke

Pink Floyd is #1

Xtreme Enthusiast
    The problem I have is EVGA is famous for their Lifetime warranty and Step-Up program and unless you know about this situation you will get screwed just like my friend. No step-up; 3 year warranty.

The SC, SSC, FTW buyers should get the best treatment from EVGA for buying their most expensive models and putting OCing in EVGA's hand; now EVGA is admitting they don't bin their chips. Now EVGA is leaving them out to dry? It is pretty shady to me.
    Sound: SoundBlaster ZXR + Yamaha RX-V863 (LPCM) + Polk Audio Monitor Series II Speakers

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by LedHed View Post
    The problem I have is EVGA is famous for their Lifetime warranty and Step-Up program and unless you know about this situation you will get screwed just like my friend. No step-up; 3 year warranty.

The SC, SSC, FTW buyers should get the best treatment from EVGA for buying their most expensive models and putting OCing in EVGA's hand; now EVGA is admitting they don't bin their chips. Now EVGA is leaving them out to dry? It is pretty shady to me.
    I think you need to get your head on straight, CHECK THE PART NUMBER, if he didn't purchase a -AR which is usually a 10$ difference compared to the 2 or three year variants, then he doesn't receive lifetime. It is that simple.

High end cards usually have lifetime, mainstream comes with multiple varients.

And plus it's a 10$ difference for purchasing a SC card, you just get piece of mind. Not shady, just typical corp hot heads, compare them to XFX, PNY, BFG, they are much, much better.
    Project Elegant Dreams
    CPU: Intel 980x (3005F803T) @ Stock , Mobo: Rampage III Extreme, Ram: 24GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 C9 1T 1.51v GPU: SLI EK'd Vanilla GTX580, 0.875v @ idle.
    Sound:Asus Xonar Xense w/Sennheiser PC350
    SSD: 2x OCZ Agility 3 120GB RAID-0 on ICH10 Storage: 2x1.5TB Hitachi 5K3000, 1.5TB WD Black, 1TB F3, various other HDD's Case: Obsidian 800D, PSU: Corsair AX1200,

Water Cooling
    Main Loop
    EK Supreme HF
    EK GTX480 blocks on EVGA 580s
    MCP355 and MCP35X in serial
    Dual BlackIce GTX480 Rads

Nerdy Powerlifter
    Makes me happy I bought an MSI this time!
    You must [not] advance.

Current Rig: i7 4790k @ stock (**** TIM!) , Zotac GTX 1080 WC'd 2214mhz core / 5528mhz Mem, Asus z-97 Deluxe

Heatware

You're blaming EVGA when you didn't familiarized yourself with their long unchanged policies regarding lifetime warranties?

Just bought or long owned an AR card with lifetime warranty? You still have it. Just bought a -KR card with a 3 year warranty? Grats you can now buy an extended warranty. NOTHING HAS CHANGED except you can now buy extended warranties on certain cards that never came with a lifetime warranty!

I posted this in a previous post but it seems you ignored it, so I'll post it again.

Quote Originally Posted by EVGA Website
    * All -KR products purchased ON or AFTER January 1st, 2011 include a 3 year limited warranty from the date of purchase. Registration is recommended. Optional Extended Warranty and Step-Up™ eligibility are offered for purchase upon product registration of a -KR part number within 30 days of the purchase date.
    * Products purchased ON or AFTER November 1, 2006 MUST be registered within 30 days of the ORIGINAL DATE OF PURCHASE to receive EVGA's Free Extended Warranty. All products not registered within 30 days will ONLY receive a 1 year limited warranty. Refer to the following suffix guide to identify the length of your warranty:
    o Limited Lifetime: -A1, -A2, -A3, -A4, -AR, -AX, -CR, -CX, -DX, -FR, -FX, -SG, -SX
    o Limited 5 Year: -GR
    o Limited 3 Year: -K1, -KR (Before 1/1/11)
    o Limited 2 Year: -LA, -LE, -LR, -LX, -T1, -T2, -TR, -TX
    o Limited 1 Year: -B1, -BR, -BX, -DR
    o Limited 90 Day: -RX (Recertified parts)

I just bought another EVGA GTX 460. Guess what? My card has a lifetime warranty. You know why? It's product code ended in -AR. Oh and it was a SC too.

Sounds like sour grapes.
    Last edited by Kyuusei; 03-21-2011 at 06:12 PM.
    AMD Athlon II X3 435 @ 3.3Ghz | GA-MA785GM-US2H | OCZ 4x 2GB DDR2-800 | Corsair AX850 | EVGA GTX 460v2 1GB | Creative X-Fi Elite Pro | Windows 7 SP1 x64

Coolermaster ATCS840 | Swiftech MCR320 | Swiftech Apogee | Swiftech MCW60 | Laing DDC1 - Sanyo DIYINHK PCB

---

EOS-40D | EOS-300D | EF-S 10-22 | EF 28-135 IS | EF 100-400L IS | 580EX II

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I gave up on eVGA back when I was going through about 100 RMA's with my 680 & 790 boards. I spent more time on the phone with them trying to sort things out. It is just not worth there hype on what you get back in return. MSI, ASUS, SAPPHIRE is all I look at now..
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 4.8GHz
    MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-G1.Sniper M5 MATX 1150
    MEMORY: G.SKILL Trident X 8GB 2400MHz 9-11-11-31 1T
    GPU: 2 x eVGA GTX 780 SC
    SOUND KRK Rokit 5 Limited Edition White Studio Monitors
    SSD: 4 x Samsung 128GB Pro's Raid 0
    PSU: SeaSonic Platinum 1000W
    COOLING: 2 x Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 420mm 6 x Swiftech Helix 140mm Fans
    CASE: Lian Li PC-C32B TECH STATION MOD build log coming soon
    MONITOR: ASUS VG278HE Black 27" 149Hz
    O.S: Windows 7 Pro x64

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookiesowns View Post
    I think you need to get your head on straight, CHECK THE PART NUMBER, if he didn't purchase a -AR which is usually a 10$ difference compared to the 2 or three year variants, then he doesn't receive lifetime. It is that simple.

High end cards usually have lifetime, mainstream comes with multiple varients.

And plus it's a 10$ difference for purchasing a SC card, you just get piece of mind. Not shady, just typical corp hot heads, compare them to XFX, PNY, BFG, they are much, much better.
    I got piece of nothing. My card will not go over 900Mhz period. I've seen EVGA's base model go to 1000Mhz. The binning seems more like, "Crank that voltage Johnny!"

Xtreme Addict
    Speaking of binning, I actually thought the EVGA GTX580 SSC-FTW is a better binned card, turns out I got the highest stock VID possible from that card! should have gone for a inno3d or palit GTX580 instead and saved $45

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Kyuusei you only have 60 days to pay extra for the lifetime warranty and you still can not do Step-Ups. Most people don't go onto sites reading documents before buying from a company, especially one as well known as EVGA. If they can't back their OC'd cards then don't sell them, especially not at a higher price. They are ripping off customers who don't wish to OC themselves and remember this didn't happen to me; it was my friend who bought a 460 SC who told me. When he bought it the 460 SC was over $200, no one considers that "mainstream" that is where all the money is made for GPU companies right around $200 known as mid-range. I have a lifetime warranty on my card, but I don't think people who buy SC or SSC/FTW cards should be punished if they dont find an online document in time. EVGA should include that document in the box with the card, that is the most obvious solution to not screwing over your customers.

Xtreme Member
    I couldn't resist not posting in this thread anymore.

Kyuusei you only have 60 days to pay extra for the lifetime warranty and you still can not do Step-Ups. Most people don't go onto sites reading documents before buying from a company, especially one as well known as EVGA. If they can't back their OC'd cards then don't sell them, especially not at a higher price. They are ripping off customers who don't wish to OC themselves and remember this didn't happen to me; it was my friend who bought a 460 SC who told me. When he bought it the 460 SC was over $200, no one considers that "mainstream" that is where all the money is made for GPU companies right around $200 known as mid-range. I have a lifetime warranty on my card, but I don't think people who buy SC or SSC/FTW cards should be punished if they dont find an online document in time. EVGA should include that document in the box with the card, that is the most obvious solution to not screwing over your customers.
    1) Did you actually read the page you linked in the original post? The only thing that has changed is the -KR warranty and the only way it changed is that you now have the option to purchase an extended warranty and stepup options. As it previously stated on their stepup page only products ending in -AR had access to the stepup program. That has now changed to:

Only parts that carry a limited lifetime warranty, or parts that have purchased an extended warranty, are eligible for EVGA's Step-Up. Read on for more details. Source
    So they are giving those with KR products the opportunity to buy the extended warranty and get the ability to do stepup with that. So you are complaining because they are giving people with KR products more options? Sounds like a pretty stupid argument to me. As previously pointed out WARRANTY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SUPERCLOCKED, SC, SSC, FTW, OMGWTFSUPERMEGACLOCKED!!! It only has to do with the ending digits of the part number. Now I'm not gonna put that info in because someone already quoted it in here but I'll say this again... WARRANTY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SUPERCLOCKED, SC, SSC, FTW, OMGWTFSUPERMEGACLOCKED!!! Lifetime warranty has not changed. Therefor your argument of SC, SSC, and warranties is completely invalid.

2) EVGA allows overclocking on their cards and this does not void the warranty. Overclocking doesn't effect the warranty of their products. Therefor your argument about overclocking and overclocked cards not being supported by EVGA is invalid.

3) You started a thread and a big complaint solely on the imho stupid and retarded incorrect information your 'friend" gave you yet the page you linked in your post includes none of the incorrect information you are complaining about. Please make sure your argument is valid before making it. Those who don't end up looking like idiots.

I'm sure you are going to continue arguing about pointless incorrect information but that's my 2 cents.
    Last edited by INJViper; 03-24-2011 at 10:08 AM.

Xtreme Member
    As for your argument the fix is even simpler. If you gave them the correct email address but wrong name then go to evga.com click member login, click password recovery, put your email in. They send the username and password to the email, then you login and go under my profile and change the name to the correct name. Then register your product. takes 30 seconds and you are done. I don't think there could be a more simple solution. For future reference the smart way to do it is create an email like spam@gmail.com and give all companies that email address and not your normal one. As far as not giving companies your name or anything good luck doing anything like buying a house, creating an email address, etc etc. Sounds like time to get your tinfoil hat out...

Not being able to register your products because of a lame excuse like that is simply because of ignorance and laziness on your part for not finding out what you need to do to fix the problem. Instead you would rather complain about it. You should start trying to fix the problems not create more.

My 2 cents
    Last edited by INJViper; 03-24-2011 at 10:03 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Nothing you say changes my opinion the form should be in the box with the card to tell the consumer about their card and the warranty/step-up change. It should not be a secret that only forum members with links know about.

Also (I'll say again) this has nothing to do with me, my friend told me about this happening to him and his 460 SC.
    Last edited by LedHed; 03-24-2011 at 11:56 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Nothing you say changes my opinion the form should be in the box with the card to tell the consumer about their card and the warranty/step-up change. It should not be a secret that only forum members with links know about.

Also (I'll say again) this has nothing to do with me, my friend told me about this happening to him and his 460 SC.
    www.evga.com/warranty is a secret?

Don't blame EVGA for your friends failure. Seems pretty simple to me.

Xtreme Member
    This thread makes me giggle Let's take two scenarios and compare Mmmmmmkay.

Scenario 1

You complain there should be a note in the box about the warranty changes. Put it this way ignorance is no excuse. The fact that your friend was to busy to go and research the product he was buying is really no excuse for him not knowing the details. That's his fault for being ignorant. It's his money he should at least find out what he is purchasing. It's not like the EVGA fairy is gonna show up on his doorstep and be like..."Well sir we have these products and these are the rules I need to go now because it is expensive for EVGA to send me all over the world to explain this to our customers. Wouldn't it be great if they had like I don't know a website or something that explained all this?" Oh wait that's right they do.

Scenario 2

Your friend steals a car and gets pulled over. No one has ever told him that stealing a car is bad because he is an illiterate anal dwelling but monkey. When told he is going to be arrested for stealing said car his defense is that there should have been a sticker in the window that said "Hey stealing a car is illegal and stuff"

Either way it in no way is EVGA's fault LOL
    Last edited by Elloquin; 03-25-2011 at 03:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    Nonsense,

There is no spoon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast