Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 81516171819202128 ... LastLast

Thread: Crysis 2 only DX9 - DX11 will be "later" with an update

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallenator View Post
    More like maximum nerf. Crysis 2 on PS3 or Xbox looks no better than any other new game for these consoles.

Darkness, that is just flame bait, please edit. =)
    I disagree, texture quality is pretty muched fixed on a console due to memory. But the lighting and general calculation algorithms are clearly better done than on any other console game. What's the next best engine anyway for the xbox360 platform? Unreal 3? Sure crysis 2 might not look superficially better due to console constraints and artistic direction and what not you can tell that much more is happening behind the poor texturing.

What games should I be comparing it to anyway? Top spin 4, homefront, bullet storm?? They're new but don't share any near the innate complexity of cryengine 3. This is all disregarding the suffering PC version anyhow.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    the maximum fail bar just got higher again, i looks like the original serial keys are only checked to activate the game and not to play in multiplayer, so now even the pirated version can play multiplayer, along with the aimbots and no way to ban them.. ouch
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TJ07BW | i7 980x | Asus RIII | 12Gb Corsair Dominator | 2xSapphire 7950 vapor-x | WD640Gb / SG1.5TB | Corsair HX1000W | 360mm TFC Rad + Swiftech GTZ + MCP655 | Dell U2711

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by D4rkn3ss View Post
    what? you want me to re-quote myself again?
    Nah, i'm willing to just let it by as a retarded comment. "Re-quote myself again" lol nice one

"original message"

"quote"

"re-quote"

"re-quote again"

I am Xtreme
    @ pics of rubish
    what level is that..I dont remember it.. .

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by N19h7m4r3 View Post
    I posted a picture of those rubbish textures and 2d bottles and trash on OCUK earlier.

Seems I hurt a few peoples' feelings.

Been told I have a crappy system, to playing on the lowest possible setting on purpose, or just looking for something to complain about. Considering this game is a such an amazing thing......
    Seems I might have been inadvertantly been considered a troll now.

Silly really.

I think it's completely rubbish looking, no matter what settings you run it at.
    It just changes the lighting and reduces jaggies on that 2D rubbish from the late 90's/early 2000's.
    Out of sheer curiosity, what settings/resolution did you run it at?
    Bill Cosby: Stewie, what do you think candy is made out of?
    Stewie Griffin: Sunshine and farts! What the hell kind of question is that?!

Quote Originally Posted by DeltZ View Post
    Nope, that's really just as bad. I can tell english isn't your first language.

If I was to hazard a guess you're saying I'm a low IQ retard who is some how responsible for present day gaming "sucking".

How that is remotely connected to voting for politicians/corruption and me commenting that the graphical engine for consoles is well optimised I'll never know.

Maybe you should consider some sort of personality disorder treatment and/or schooling?
    I agree, what darkness wrote earlier is total (banana). Crysis 2 is a let down physics and AI wise, but runs much smoother than crysis warhead.
    CPU: Intel i5 2500K + Antec Khuler 620 Memory: 4GB DDR3 Corsair DHX @ 1600MHz CL7 GPU: Nvidia GTX 560Ti + Antec Khuler 620
    Motherboard: Zotac Z68ITX-A-E HDD: Crucial M4 128GB + 2TB Samsung F4EG Chassi: Lian Li Q11B PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro 850W OS: Windows 7 x64
    Welcome to my home theater! | mattBLACK Gallery | Minima "H20" Gallery

I posted a picture of those rubbish textures and 2d bottles and trash on OCUK earlier.

Seems I hurt a few peoples' feelings.

Been told I have a crappy system, to playing on the lowest possible setting on purpose, or just looking for something to complain about. Considering this game is a such an amazing thing......
    Seems I might have been inadvertantly been considered a troll now.

Silly really.

I think it's completely rubbish looking, no matter what settings you run it at.
    It just changes the lighting and reduces jaggies on that 2D rubbish from the late 90's/early 2000's.
    I'm going to be honest, I haven't come across any part of the game that looks like that--perhaps I just haven't spent time looking at the ground with the 20+ enemies always attacking me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon2ky
    "dammit kyle what's with the 30 second sex lately?" "Sorry sweetie, I overclocked my nuts and they haven't been stable since"
    Quote Originally Posted by trinibwoy View Post
    I don't think his backside has internet access.
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b 0f l337 View Post
    Hey I just met you
    And this is crazy
    But I'm on bath salts
    And your face looks tasty

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by kgk View Post
    Out of sheer curiosity, what settings/resolution did you run it at?
    Quote Originally Posted by DilTech View Post
    I'm going to be honest, I haven't come across any part of the game that looks like that--perhaps I just haven't spent time looking at the ground with the 20+ enemies always attacking me?
    I ran the game on Hardcore on my system.
    No matter what setting I do in the end, you can always find stuff like that in the game.

Also kill the enemies, then go have a look at the fine details around.

The game covers up all it's graphical flaws by adding alot of blurring and lighting, also adding loads of enemies to try and stop you from actually looking at the scenery.

#Edit, well uninstalled the game. Gave it to my friend. He was never able to play Crysis 1, so at least his 8800gts is serving him well now.
    Last edited by N19h7m4r3; 03-26-2011 at 09:20 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I ran the game on Hardcore on my system.
    No matter what setting I do in the end, you can always find stuff like that in the game.

Also kill the enemies, then go have a look at the fine details around.

The game covers up all it's graphical flaws by adding alot of blurring and lighting, also adding loads of enemies to try and stop you from actually looking at the scenery.

#Edit, well uninstalled the game. Gave it to my friend. He was never able to play Crysis 1, so at least his 8800gts is serving him well now.
    Found it, most of the bottles and stuff are 3D rendered, what you're looking at is the one particular case that rubbish floats on water am I right?

This is just my opinion, but I have mixed feelings when it comes to the graphics engine on this one. As others have stated, it looks like the motion blur and a few other tricks are masking some of the lower detail textures. However, I think the game looks fine as far at DirectX 9 rendering is concerned. It actually looks really decent when you compare it to a ton of other titles out there.

Personally, I'd rather have a decent looking game that runs well rather than a killer looking game that does exactly that. Kills my hardware. I think the majority of gamers should be able to run this well at their monitors native resolution. I don't think the majority could say that about Crysis 1 when it was released. I know many of you want graphical advancement and progress, but at what cost????
    TANDY PC
    Intel 486 SX 25
    4 MB RAM
    Trident 512K SVGA
    120 MB Seagate HD
    14 Inch CTX CRT Monitor
    14.4K Modem (too slow for :banana::banana::banana::banana:)
    Radio Shack 2.0 Speakers (6V Battery Operated)
    Games: X-wing, Wing Commander, Veil of Darkness, Kings Quest, Zork

Xtreme Enthusiast
    You're on 3870x2 and both SLi and CF are having issues with this game, so it's probably not even running in CF mode.
    Well that leaves me with 3870, right? That is still better than 3850 and at least au pair with 8800GT, which should at least net me 1680x1050 and gamer, right?
    Well, guess what.
    I have some 'physx one on one' screenshots to show too, I'll post a screenshot soon.
    Last edited by Erklat; 03-26-2011 at 11:29 AM.
    ..:Core i7 870///eVGA P55 Classified///VTX3D Radeon 6970///Asus Xonar D2X///16GB F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL///WD 6400AAKS 640Gb///Samsung F2 EcoGreen 1.5TB///Samsung F4 EcoGreen 2TB///Pioneer DVR 216///Seasonic X-series 850///Corsair Obsidian 800D///Logitech G15 rev.1///Logitech G400@Zowie G-TF Spawn///Philips 240SW:..

..:EK Supreme Acetal///Bitspower Black Freezer EIP55NSC///Magicool Pro III///S-Flex E@7v///Laing DDC-1T w/ EK Plexi top///EK Multioption 150:..

Quote Originally Posted by Erklat View Post
    Well that leaves me with 3870, right? That is still better than 3850 and at least au pair with 8800GT, which should at least net me 1680x1050 and gamer, right?
    Well, guess what.

I have some 'physx one on one' screenshots to show too, I'll post a screenshot soon.
    3870 wasn't really on par with the 8800GT though. In Cryengine 2 it was around a 25% difference. Also, I somehow doubt AMD has been keeping up with driver support for said old card. That was always one of my primary complaints about ATi.

Could also be an issue where running in CF actually makes the game run slower. I would like you to remember though that the ATi 3850 is the bare minimum requirement for this game, so it's heavily plausible that your card when running in single gpu mode just doesn't cut the mustard for this title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon2ky
    "dammit kyle what's with the 30 second sex lately?" "Sorry sweetie, I overclocked my nuts and they haven't been stable since"
    Quote Originally Posted by trinibwoy View Post
    I don't think his backside has internet access.
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b 0f l337 View Post
    Hey I just met you
    And this is crazy
    But I'm on bath salts
    And your face looks tasty

Could also be an issue where running in CF actually makes the game run slower.
    Indeed, i tried running crysis 2 with dual 5770s but that was just a pain in the ass. Now i get much higher fps and smoother experience with crossfire disabled
    CPU: Intel i5 2500K + Antec Khuler 620 Memory: 4GB DDR3 Corsair DHX @ 1600MHz CL7 GPU: Nvidia GTX 560Ti + Antec Khuler 620
    Motherboard: Zotac Z68ITX-A-E HDD: Crucial M4 128GB + 2TB Samsung F4EG Chassi: Lian Li Q11B PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro 850W OS: Windows 7 x64
    Welcome to my home theater! | mattBLACK Gallery | Minima "H20" Gallery

Xtreme Addict
    If you rename the game exe you may end up with better results overall, while using crossfire, like bioshock.exe etc...
    Are we there yet?

Xtreme Member
    Some SS.

Fractal Arc Midi
    Asus P8Z77V-PRO
    Intel Core I7 3770K
    Corsair Hydro H80
    8GB G.Skill Ripjaw-X 2133Mhz
    eVGA GTX670 SC 2GB
    Corsair AX-850W Gold

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristers Bensin View Post
    Indeed, i tried running crysis 2 with dual 5770s but that was just a pain in the ass. Now i get much higher fps and smoother experience with crossfire disabled
    And that's just sad. This game is supposed to be another benchmark for next gen graphics power. Instead look what we got. That picture of trash posted earlier is just pathetic. I am sure it will sell great though. I'll buy it when it's 5 bucks at a steam sale.

Xtreme Member
    CF on my two 6970s is working fine with "AFR friendly D3D" CFX profile selected in RadeonPro. The only issue was with extremely high/bright HDR which can now be disabled with the Advanced options app. Selecting the Bioshock profile or any other method posted above or elsewhere did not get optimal results.
    |ASUS Sabertooth Z77|Intel Core I7-2700K|32GB G.Skill TridentX F3-2400C10Q-32GTX|Corsair AX1200W|
    |ASUS GTX TITAN + Zotac GTX680 for PhysX|Samsung S27A950D|Corsair Obsidian 800D|Corsair Hydro Series H100|

|ASUS Crosshair IV Formula|AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE|16GB G.Skill RipjawsX F3-12800CL7D-8GBXH|
    |2X AMD Radeon HD6970 Crossfire|TT Kandalf - MOD|Corsair HX1000W|Corsair Hydro Series H70|

Quote Originally Posted by BuBBle.D View Post
    CF on my two 6970s is working fine with "AFR friendly D3D" CFX profile selected in RadeonPro. The only issue was with extremely high/bright HDR which can now be disabled with the Advanced options app. Selecting the Bioshock profile or any other method posted above or elsewhere did not get optimal results.
    What settings did you use on HDRlevel and bloom level? Also amd released a profile for crossfire on crysis.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Could also be an issue where running in CF actually makes the game run slower. I would like you to remember though that the ATi 3850 is the bare minimum requirement for this game, so it's heavily plausible that your card when running in single gpu mode just doesn't cut the mustard for this title.
    My point exactly, my spec exceeds minimum requirements, and yet I still can't play normally. That is not something I would call a good optimized engine, let alone the driver side, the game sux at multi gpu because it is a port, not because of the drivers as both sli and cf perform the same. Luckily they force us to play with gamepads as of this moment, by the time the cryengine4 lands, we will be buying wheels to play but I digress.

But I've let the conversation flow in this direction as cf works, both gpus are slammed at 100% during gameplay, though I'll try disabling catalyst a.i. and see if the performance gets better actually.

Quote Originally Posted by SamHughe View Post
    I'll buy it when it's 5 bucks at a steam sale.
    This mate
    ..:Core i7 870///eVGA P55 Classified///VTX3D Radeon 6970///Asus Xonar D2X///16GB F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL///WD 6400AAKS 640Gb///Samsung F2 EcoGreen 1.5TB///Samsung F4 EcoGreen 2TB///Pioneer DVR 216///Seasonic X-series 850///Corsair Obsidian 800D///Logitech G15 rev.1///Logitech G400@Zowie G-TF Spawn///Philips 240SW:..

..:EK Supreme Acetal///Bitspower Black Freezer EIP55NSC///Magicool Pro III///S-Flex E@7v///Laing DDC-1T w/ EK Plexi top///EK Multioption 150:..

Xtreme Addict
    [...]

As for people hunting for spots with bad textures, you can literally do that with every single game ever made. In motion the game looks damn good, and I'm finding the single player thus far to be a fun experience.

Personally, I'd assume that we'll end up seeing better textures with the DX11 patch.
    are you kidding? every door you have to open (e.g. the large gates to new york downtown in the beginning) looks like crap. a blurry, muddy pixelparty... just like many of the ground textures. horrible!

btw:
    http://www.crymod.com/thread.php?thr...0b1f2575e785bf

there are a lot of spots in crysis 2 that have subpar textures. often objects that you can't even avoid and downright catch your eye...

don't get me wrong. crysis 2 looks beautiful - the lighting in crysis 2 is just miles ahead of the lighting in crysis 1. vanilla crysis 1 doesn't look that good - i've replayed it a few weeks ago and i was quite shocked however, textures are definately a step (or even two steps ) backwards. yet again i blame the crap consoles. well, old story got old - unfortunately, that's nothing new. the only new thing is that this time it hit crytek, which were famous for pushing the limits of graphics.

so far, the sp is decent and fun to play (except that there's no possibility to save except at the autosave checkpoints...). the mp on the other hand is a total mess. even worse than the demo (which was quite bad already).

i hope crytek patches the sh*t out of the game, else i'll get über mad + i still have hopes the so called "dx11 patch" sees the light of day and improves the graphics.
    1. Asus P5Q-E / Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @~3612 MHz (8,5x425) / 2x2GB OCZ Platinum XTC (PC2-8000U, CL5) / EVGA GeForce GTX 570 / Crucial M4 128GB, WD Caviar Blue 640GB, WD Caviar SE16 320GB, WD Caviar SE 160GB / be quiet! Dark Power Pro P7 550W / Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000BWA / LG L227WT / Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 // SysProfile

2. Asus A8N-SLI / AMD Athlon 64 4000+ @~2640 MHz (12x220) / 1024 MB Corsair CMX TwinX 3200C2, 2.5-3-3-6 1T / Club3D GeForce 7800GT @463/1120 MHz / Crucial M4 64GB, Hitachi Deskstar 40GB / be quiet! Blackline P5 470W

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieobscurant View Post
    What settings did you use on HDRlevel and bloom level? Also amd released a profile for crossfire on crysis.
    I left HDR and Bloom at 0. Was not in the mood to play with the settings.
    The latest CAP 11.2CAP4 (with 11.4 preview driver), and even though Afterburner shows both GPUs working at 99%, the performance is the same as with one card. Sucks, but i got it working with the AFR friendly profile. Give it a shot and good luck.
    |ASUS Sabertooth Z77|Intel Core I7-2700K|32GB G.Skill TridentX F3-2400C10Q-32GTX|Corsair AX1200W|
    |ASUS GTX TITAN + Zotac GTX680 for PhysX|Samsung S27A950D|Corsair Obsidian 800D|Corsair Hydro Series H100|

|ASUS Crosshair IV Formula|AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE|16GB G.Skill RipjawsX F3-12800CL7D-8GBXH|
    |2X AMD Radeon HD6970 Crossfire|TT Kandalf - MOD|Corsair HX1000W|Corsair Hydro Series H70|

Banned
    so.. dumb little low IQ tiny monkey call mommy and my posts get edited for the excuse of personal attack + politics? i've been lurking here since the good ol' barton days you know..

this is the first time i complain.. i hope this means something to you north americans.. this was considered a great country for us third world country mofos..

Xtreme Enthusiast
    so.. dumb little low IQ tiny monkey call mommy and my posts get edited for the excuse of personal attack + politics? i've been lurking here since the good ol' barton days you know..

this is the first time i complain.. i hope this means something to you north americans.. this was considered a great country for us third world country mofos..
    No satisfaction there, cause I didn't report you. mods did it all by themselves

What has this have to do with the US anyway? I'm from the UK.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltZ View Post
    No satisfaction there, cause I didn't report you. mods did it all by themselves

What has this have to do with the US anyway? I'm from the UK.
    yes i can see that tiny little low IQ monkey.. "Last edited by G H Z; Today at 02:51 PM. Reason: user warned, thanks (quote edited)"

Xtreme Enthusiast
    yes i can see that tiny little low IQ monkey.. "Last edited by G H Z; Today at 02:51 PM. Reason: user warned, thanks (quote edited)"
    Arguing with you is like solving a transcendental equation without numerical methods...utterly pointless.

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 81516171819202128 ... LastLast