Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Thread: Crysis 2 only DX9 - DX11 will be "later" with an update

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Neova View Post
    Why can't you reconfigure the keys to your preference on the PC version? I don't have the demo installed so cannot speak from personal experience but a big WTF to EA/Crytek if you can't do this...
    You can do this, at least in that part its not locked...

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet331 View Post
    Crouch on c makes a sense since you can't do the powerslide correctly if its on ctrl... cause to perform the power slide, you need to sprint (left shift) and then press crouch... quite hard when both is done with the same finger...

Lean was already cut in crysis wars and now also prone is gone.
    Ahh thanks for clearing up the c for crouch conspiracy. I really need to RTFM as I simply swapped it for Ctrl as I kept finding myself tapping that key and nothing happening!

Maximum Fail on my behalf

With the exception of the "Press Enter" and lack of PC options how are you finding the demo?

I quite like the Skyline Map with game mode of Crash site, however I am not a fan of Pier 17, the flickering on the water is really frustrating (SLi bug here). And it is a bit too dark.

I still however feel that this game is Unreal Tournament 2004/UT3 not only in terms of looks, but also in terms of how it plays and feels. (Not always a bad thing as I loved UT (The original) and UT2004.

However the issue I have is that (as stated and repeated by myself many times) is the lack of configuration options.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontos View Post
    Crysis2Demo.exe +r_FSAA=2

The demo completely left customization out of the ingame menu, so you have to deal with these as launch parameters.

Other interesting parameters: +i_mouse_accel=0 +i_mouse_smooth=0
    Thank you for the help Pontos, sadly setting FSAA=2 means I have a nice Grey screen
    It does not like FSAA on my 295

John
    Stop looking at the walls, look out the window

Quote Originally Posted by hurrdurr View Post
    So no Battlefield 3 for consoles?

Every game developer says the same thing... "the PC version won't be a port, the development of PC and console versions are totally separate, it will rock on the PC, etc etc"

Even friggin' BIOSHOCK was supposed to have a "native" PC version with "tight controls" and a completely different development process... look what we ended up with, one of the PORTEST games in the world.

Don't believe the developers. Of course they don't want you to know that the game will be written for 7800GT level GPUs and will not flex the shiny new GPU you paid $300 for.
    Pretty sure that the portest games are done over at Capcom. You know it's a port when they tell you to hit A or B button in the tutorials n tips throughout the game. But at least my favorite hack and slash DMC4 had multi-gpu support

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by kazuyakun View Post
    Pretty sure that the portest games are done over at Capcom. You know it's a port when they tell you to hit A or B button in the tutorials n tips throughout the game. But at least my favorite hack and slash DMC4 had multi-gpu support
    Capcom inhouse ports are relatively ok, Like Street Fighter 4, Resident Evil 5 and Lost Planet.

The ports that sucked real bad were those done by a third party, the best example being Resident Evil 4 (Which needed a patch to actually get any shader working).

So no Battlefield 3 for consoles?

Every game developer says the same thing... "the PC version won't be a port, the development of PC and console versions are totally separate, it will rock on the PC, etc etc"

Even friggin' BIOSHOCK was supposed to have a "native" PC version with "tight controls" and a completely different development process... look what we ended up with, one of the PORTEST games in the world.

Don't believe the developers. Of course they don't want you to know that the game will be written for 7800GT level GPUs and will not flex the shiny new GPU you paid $300 for.
    Is not like every developer say that for pure joy at seeing our faces at launch time when we realize everything they said didn't come through.

Many times they mean it, but soon after that they get back from development utopia straight to development reality and realize the fact that the publisher is the one that can make such thing true. And guess what, they don't exactly will make it so.
    Last edited by Pontos; 03-14-2011 at 08:43 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    How's the sequel? I played the first on PC and thoroughly enjoyed it!

Also, Crysis MP lasted 20 minutes for me. I'm shocked just how poorly that game turned out. Maybe it's got something to do w/ no plans for the demo and the actual game will have things like sliders and pc speak?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodiuh View Post
    How's the sequel? I played the first on PC and thoroughly enjoyed it!
    Bioshock 2 is a terrible game. See Yahtzee's review for details: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...494-BioShock-2
    Please note: I am not here to provide any kind of official NCIX support on these forums.

For faster (and official) service please contact me at Linus@ncix.com, or please contact our customer care team at wvvw.NCIX.com (Canada) or wvvw.NCIXUS.com (America)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647

Xtreme Addict
    Did he like the first one? I'm totally ok if it's more of the same.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodiuh View Post
    Did he like the first one? I'm totally ok if it's more of the same.
    I really liked the first one, but never finished the second game...
    Asus Crosshair IV Extreme
    AMD FX-8350
    AMD ref. HD 6950 2Gb x 2
    4x4Gb HyperX T1
    Corsair AX1200
    3 x Alphacool triple, 2 x Alphacool ATXP 6970/50, EK D5 dual top, EK Supreme HF

Xtreme Addict
    Crysis 2 Demo has now expired?!?!
    Servers are being shut down, I had no idea this demo had a time limit.....
    Way to go EA! They are not even ironing out the bugs pre-release...
    John

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yeah... Gamestop in my area had a special where you get a 15$ gift-card if you pre-order Crysis 2 or any other game... And I still held out on it... I have been sure I wanted to get the game up until now, but I'm getting wary of... Well, the fact that despite 3 years of development and a fantastic engine, and gameplay I truly enjoyed from the first... Well, it seems rushed still... So I don't know... IF it comes out, I don't even care if it needs a day one patch, IF it comes out and has something resembling a PC-centric UI and the feel of a PC game, I'll be happy enough to dance on my Dead Space 2 disc... And yes, I love that game, so that would be a very sad moment...

I really want this game to be good, because the story actually looks great... Apart from the fact that it SKIPPED 3 years after you saw *SPOILER* all the heroes from the first game going in to "finish it" in the end of the first one /*SPOILER*

Best Regards
    Silverstone RAVEN RV02|
    Core i5 2500K@4.4GHz, 1,300V|
    Corsair A70|ASUS P67 Sabertooth|Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty|
    Corsair Dominator DDR1600 4x4096MB@DDR3-1600@1.65V|Sapphire HD7970 3GB 1075/1475MHz|
    Corsair Force F120 120GB SSD SATA-II, WD Caviar Black 2x1TB SATA-II 32mb, Hitatchi 320GB SATA-II 16mb|Silverstone DA750 750w PSU|

Aussie God
    They are just making sure that people wont buy it legally...
    Who the fluck wants to go oiut and spend 50 USD+ on a game with graphics that was hot more then 3 years ago?
    If I was a gamer, I simply wouldnt even bother installing it on my PC, as it would not be worth the GB price of my SSD.

Quote Originally Posted by Calmatory View Post
    Why should they care about "PC gamers" when console guys are much bigger market?

Why not make a native Linux build? YOU KNOW US LINUX USERS DESERVE SOME EYE CANDY DAMNIT!!!
    Agree, linux users deserves som eye candy - especially with the reputation of linux & its users
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

Xtreme Addict
    Worse graphics than the first one, worst playability than the first one, worse MP than the first one...
    I'll buy it next Christmas when Steam sells it for 5€ or so.
    I'm not paying more than that.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Beier View Post
    They are just making sure that people wont buy it legally...
    Who the fluck wants to go oiut and spend 50 USD+ on a game with graphics that was hot more then 3 years ago?
    CoD4, MW2 and Black Ops look the same, and each one of them sold more than the former.
    When talking about consoles, hype and brand recognition is what counts, not graphics or gameplay

I haven't heard anything about MW3, but I'm fairly sure it will use the same engine for optimal profits.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by El Mańo View Post
    Worse graphics than the first one, worst playability than the first one, worse MP than the first one...
    I'll buy it next Christmas when Steam sells it for 5€ or so.
    I'm not paying more than that.
    You played Crysis 2 gold version ?

Xtreme Member
    any news on this mess?
    Don't take life too seriously.....no-one's getting out alive.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio[pt] View Post
    any news on this mess?
    Yep, Crysis 2 Day 1 PC Patch has been confirmed.

Patch notes:

Cry-Tom wrote:

We are extremely pleased with how popular our Crysis 2 PC demo has been. During this time we received a lot of valuable feedback that has helped us to better plan our future game updates. Some of the changes included in our day 1 patch and retail version will be;

• Changed "Press Start to begin" to “Press Enter to begin”
    • Remove textfilter from chat by default
    • Remove all aim assist from Multiplayer
    • Improve USB headset compatibility
    • Resolved game login issues
    • Display accurate ping in server browser
    • Fixed hologram icon staying on screen after hologram is used up
    • Fix friends list UI buttons being offset

The PC demo is now over and this forum section will be removed in a few days. Thanks to everyone that took part in the demo and contributed in these forums.
    Source of news is Cry Tom over on Mycrysis

John

Xtremeish

How about just removing it entirely? wtf...
    Aber ja, naturlich Hans nass ist, er steht unter einem Wasserfall - James May
    Hardware: Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H, Intel i5 4670k @ 4GHz, Crucial DDR3 BallistiX, Asus GTX 770 DirectCU II, Corsair HX 650W, Samsung 830 256GB, Silverstone Precision -|- Cooling: Noctua NH-C12P SE14

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallenator View Post

How about just removing it entirely? wtf...
    I know it seems pointless on a PC game where you have a menu system comprising of various option screens.

To quote the great Hornet.
    This "fix" of changing "Press Start to Begin" to "Press Enter to Begin" is an act of

(Image courtesy of Hornet....used without permission so I best hide)

CLOAK ENGAGED

Lafayette, People's Republic of New Jersystan
    Annnnd we have PC gameplay footage...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90VnfYfKHwA
    Quote Originally Posted by turtletrax View Post
    Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme Addict
    Wow...they missed that in the retail version? I hope no one buys this game for pc.

BF3 comes later guys...let's just wait for that, ok? =)

Quote Originally Posted by AmTGMan View Post
    Annnnd we have PC gameplay footage...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90VnfYfKHwA
    ....... You're taking the piss, right? I watched that video fullscreen 720p and the game looks HORRIBLE. Somebody needs to all over the mess people call Crysis2 and post it back to Crytek/EA in a doggy bag. Also, WTF is up with ONE grenade blowing up a APC? That kind of stuff screams console if it wasn't already obvious.

"Prowler"
    X570 Tomahawk | R7 3700X | 2x16GB Klevv BoltX @ 3600MHz CL18 | Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil | Xonar DX 7.1 | 2TB Barracuda | 256GB & 512GB Asgard NVMe drives | 2x DVD & Blu-Ray opticals | EVGA Supernova 1000w G2

Cooling:

6x 140mm LED fans, 1x 200mm LED fan | Modified CoolerMaster Masterliquid 240

Asrock Z77 thread! | Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4/6 Pro3 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Review | Asrock Z68 Gen3 Thread | 8GB G-Skill review | TK 2.ZERO homepage | P5Q series mBIOS thread
    Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Patch notes:

We are extremely pleased with how popular our Crysis 2 PC demo has been. During this time we received a lot of valuable feedback that has helped us to better plan our future game updates. Some of the changes included in our day 1 patch and retail version will be;

• Remove all aim assist from Multiplayer
    First of all, they are kinda trolling us by saying it was "popular"... It was popular if we go to semantics, but "controversial" would be a better term to use here.

Aside from that, the theory of the demo being a port from the X360 version because there was none planned for the PC and they had to do it fast (and as such it would not represent the retail product) is pretty much busted now that even the retail disc comes with the same "Console details".
    The whole game is confirmed to be a blatant port by now
    Sad times for PC FPS gaming indeed...

God, re-reading that really makes me think they are trolling us:
    "We are pleased of the feedback of the PC demo and we love the community! Here, have the Start button message replaced as a thanks, but keep enjoying the X360 pad buttons being displayed while playing as well as the Adjust your TV settings message in the color settings menu"

9 out of 10
    "Great graphics, intelligent enemies, motivating multiplayer!" - PC Action, March 2011...

Can I assume that every major game review sites set the bar so low you have to dig a hole and bury it or they sold out every single triple A game titles. Same goes for DA2, all I hear is praise yet all I see is rushed half-assed release. At 720p the video just shows that it'll look exactly like the demo piss poor texture on flat surfaces all around, worse than Crysis.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnZS View Post
    (Image courtesy of Hornet....used without permission so I best hide)
    No need to quote me, since i pulled it myself from 4chan... its common practice to use image macros without reffering to the original poster.

The best part about that patch notice is the removal of auto aim... and oh boy did that cause an outrage in the crysis2 forum... pc gamers complained they couldn't play anymore with gamepad... ing pc gamers complaind... wtf.

Quote Originally Posted by kazuyakun View Post
    9 out of 10
    "Great graphics, intelligent enemies, motivating multiplayer!" - PC Action, March 2011...

Can I assume that every major game review sites set the bar so low you have to dig a hole and bury it or they sold out every single triple A game titles. Same goes for DA2, all I hear is praise yet all I see is rushed half-assed release. At 720p the video just shows that it'll look exactly like the demo piss poor texture on flat surfaces all around, worse than Crysis.
    Intelligent enemies? Erm.. wtf. I distinctly saw the player jump down making a hell of a noise as they did so with a enemy about 10 feet away and it didn't even arouse a turn of the head.. smart my arse. I wouldn't be surprised if EA bought almost every review either. You'll be surprised what tripe gets passed as great if enough money is thrown at the review site.

"Prowler"
    X570 Tomahawk | R7 3700X | 2x16GB Klevv BoltX @ 3600MHz CL18 | Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil | Xonar DX 7.1 | 2TB Barracuda | 256GB & 512GB Asgard NVMe drives | 2x DVD & Blu-Ray opticals | EVGA Supernova 1000w G2

Cooling:

6x 140mm LED fans, 1x 200mm LED fan | Modified CoolerMaster Masterliquid 240

Asrock Z77 thread! | Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4/6 Pro3 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Review | Asrock Z68 Gen3 Thread | 8GB G-Skill review | TK 2.ZERO homepage | P5Q series mBIOS thread
    Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast