Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Crysis 2 only DX9 - DX11 will be "later" with an update

Xtreme Enthusiast
    What is sad is they will blame the early leak and piracy for the bad sales on PC, not their piss poor support and broken promises.
    --Intel i5 3570k 4.4ghz (stock volts) - Corsair H100 - 6970 UL XFX 2GB - - Asrock Z77 Professional - 16GB Gskill 1866mhz - 2x90GB Agility 3 - WD640GB - 2xWD320GB - 2TB Samsung Spinpoint F4 - Audigy-- --NZXT Phantom - Samsung SATA DVD--(old systems Intel E8400 Wolfdale/Asus P45, AMD965BEC3 790X, Antec 180, Sapphire 4870 X2 (dead twice))

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnZS View Post
    Why would nVidia pay NOT to have DirectX11?!?

nVidia have decent DirectX11 cards out! nVidia are innocent here.

Although I may have to eat my words if the DirectX11 patch is actually a CUDA and PhysX patch
    John
    Well considering how much faster the Radeons are in Warhead, why wouldn't they not pay to ask Crytek to "re-optimize" their DX11 path?

Obviously Crytek didn't overtesselate enough, nor did they use custom API caps for standard features. Bad doggie, baaaad indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by radaja View Post
    so are they launching BD soon or a comic book?

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanek View Post
    you are speaking about crysis2 there ?
    No Crysis I. It runs really well on ATI Hardware.

Xtreme Addict
    Just Warhead AFAIK. The original runs like crap on anything due to threading issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by radaja View Post
    so are they launching BD soon or a comic book?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivon View Post
    No Crysis I. It runs really well on ATI Hardware.
    soda just came out of my nose
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am an artist (EDM producer/DJ), pls check out mah stuff.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanek View Post
    Damned Nvidia, the game have been annonced a lot of time ago supporting DX11,,, Nvidia put 5 millions of dollars in this title,the release is pushing back from 4 months, and so DX11 features are not here then ?
    What, they want, a second Hawx2 titles ?
    honestly man you blame NV????? you actually just blamed NV???? for dumping a TON of money into this game.... Fermi is still a better DX11 GPU the anything ATI has. it was not Nvidia that delayed this.....

if the game seriously looks no better then the demo does I might actually cry. the Graphics in the demo are a joke compared to the ORIGINAL cyrsis
    CPU: Intel Core i7 3930K @ 4.5GHz
    Mobo: Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    RAM: 32GB (8x4GB) Patriot Viper EX @ 1866mhz
    GPU: EVGA GTX Titan (1087Boost/6700Mem)
    Physx: Evga GTX 560 2GB
    Sound: Creative XFI Titanium
    Case: Modded 700D
    PSU: Corsair 1200AX (Fully Sleeved)
    Storage: 2x120GB OCZ Vertex 3's in RAID 0 + WD 600GB V-Raptor + Seagate 1TB
    Cooling: XSPC Raystorm, 2x MCP 655's, FrozenQ Warp Drive, EX360+MCR240+EX120 Rad's

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Macadamia View Post
    Just Warhead AFAIK. The original runs like crap on anything due to threading issues.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...0,2585-10.html

Banned
    Crysis I and warhead on maxed out DX9 codepath seemed to look better than what i played with the beta ...
    It explains why DX11 mode didnt work in it also :P.
    BTW , just enabling DX10/DX11 wont make game any better looking, its the use of those effects.What i fear the most is that we will lose geometry and texture detail due to it being console port :/.

Xtreme Cruncher
    crysis 2 uses dynamic global illumination even with dx9. no other game does this in any way shape or form.

its just amazing how the word dx9 has taken on such a skewed meaning. you can write insane shaders in dx9 and you can have massive textures.

although dx10 is an improvement over dx9 it is a complete overhaul of the API. you only get modest improvements with massive effort. i can only speculate so much but i just see it as impractical to redo everything for a 2011 title on an engine that was started 5 years ago.

Xtreme Addict
    Hipro, i have write, i have exagerate a little bit on this... but :2 times in follow, this start to be really suspicious....

in november the game is ready in DX11 ( follow the beta ), Nvidia put 5 millions of dollars in this game, the game is pushed back to some month, and then DX11 is not ready ? after Hawx2, i can be really suspicious.

I don't blame Nvidia, the first i want blame is Crytek .... but realy marketing have push and pull this buizness since a long time .
    Last edited by Lanek; 03-01-2011 at 04:52 PM.
    CPU: - I7 4930K (EK Supremacy )
    GPU: - 2x AMD HD7970 flashed GHZ bios ( EK Acetal Nickel Waterblock H2o)
    Motherboard: Asus x79 Deluxe
    RAM: G-skill Ares C9 2133mhz 16GB
    Main Storage: Samsung 840EVO 500GB / 2x Crucial RealSSD C300 Raid0

Quote Originally Posted by [XC] hipno650 View Post
    honestly man you blame NV????? you actually just blamed NV???? for dumping a TON of money into this game.... Fermi is still a better DX11 GPU the anything ATI has. it was not Nvidia that delayed this.....

if the game seriously looks no better then the demo does I might actually cry. the Graphics in the demo are a joke compared to the ORIGINAL cyrsis
    I wont be surprised if Nvidia payed 5mil$ to got the dx11 features only -> CUDA and PhysX.
    Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics - Even if you win, you're still retarded

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Lol@tesselering
    Honestly, if the game looks awesome or more importantly is fun to play, I wouldn't mind... but with crytek its always been about eye candy and using the latest tech... I remember when they added 64bit CPU support and HDR far before anybody else and it made far cry a whole new experience... it seemed that what other game debate struggled for months if not years, they could just patch on within a few weeks... which was so nice... now this...

This isn't crytek... what happened?
    Seems almost like.somebody took over the company or the original crytek sold their brand and are partying on a tropical island right now
    Tststs ...bummer...

Xtreme Addict
    I think that this is related to piracy. the game got leaked in pre-release form, people already have an idea how its going to play; but what makes this game is the graphics. if you but the game you'll get dx11...i know ea has a custom download client; they can check if the copy's legit, if so dx11 for you.
    Case-Coolermaster Cosmos S
    MoBo- ASUS Crosshair IV
    Graphics Card-XFX R9 280X [out for RMA] using HD5870
    Hard Drive-Kingston 240Gig V300 master Seagate 160Gb slave Seagate 250Gb slave Seagate 500Gb slave Western Digital 500Gb
    CPU-AMD FX-8320 5Ghz
    RAM 8Gig Corshair c8
    Logitech 5.1 Z5500 BOOST22
    300Gb of MUSICA!!

Steam ID: alphamonkeywoman
    http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/933ab/

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeywoman View Post
    I think that this is related to piracy. the game got leaked in pre-release form, people already have an idea how its going to play; but what makes this game is the graphics. if you but the game you'll get dx11...i know ea has a custom download client; they can check if the copy's legit, if so dx11 for you.
    If i understand your premise correctly, you make the assumption, EA did this on purpose so people playing leaked beta wont have DX11 effects ?
    Well, pirates pirate.Thats what they do.And theyre gonna pirate final build.And then the DX11 patch.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    Lol@tesselering
    Honestly, if the game looks awesome or more importantly is fun to play, I wouldn't mind... but with crytek its always been about eye candy and using the latest tech... I remember when they added 64bit CPU support and HDR far before anybody else and it made far cry a whole new experience... it seemed that what other game debate struggled for months if not years, they could just patch on within a few weeks... which was so nice... now this...

This isn't crytek... what happened?
    Seems almost like.somebody took over the company or the original crytek sold their brand and are partying on a tropical island right now
    Tststs ...bummer...
    For real... The company that soon after Crysis was released said that consoles were too weak to run their engine decently (And later on mentioned that they may run it in Medium graphic options) are now doing this... It's the most astonishing and crappiest shift in a company's philosophy and business model I've ever seen.

Xtreme Addict
    If this is true...

you, Crytek.
    Are we there yet?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Cancels preorder. Will wait for Steam bargain offer next year.

This is just bull, WTF Crytek, DX9 is like how old is it?
    AMD Threadripper 12 core 1920x CPU OC at 4Ghz | ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 motherboard | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM | Gigabyte 11GB GTX 1080 Ti Aorus Xtreme GPU | SilverStone Strider Platinum 1000W Power Supply | Crucial 1050GB MX300 SSD | 4TB Western Digital HDD | 60" Samsung JU7000 4K UHD TV at 3840x2160

Quote Originally Posted by JohnZS View Post
    I am not quite so sure zanzabar, to me Crysis DirectX10 looks a lot better than Crysis DirectX9!
    John
    there is a slight problem with that, u cannot just do dx10, when u go dx10 u get the higher settings for texture quality, shadow mapping, ext... if u mod the configs u can set it to high or vary high and disable the dx10 layer and it looks the same except for the foliage lighting.

but i have a new thought on if a game with be good, if u can tell that the tech demo is using a stick and not a mouse its most likely a port to the pc, now if its at a sony or MS e3 booth then im not saying that but when the demo is about what MP is or how they are doing something for graphics.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Enthusiast
    was actually going to buy this game..not anymore..not even after dx11 "update" ....this was suppose to be a great game with differences between pc and console..since its shaping up to be exactly the opposite i wont give my money for this at all..Good job crytek.

Xtreme Addict
    haha CONSOLE'D

Xtreme Addict
    And as a extra bonus to the shrinking PC community, Crytek will be taking on the major feat of adding Vista/Win7 support in a pach later this year! This news came shortly after the amazing announcment of Duel core CPU support in this newest title.

Only a joke of course but seriously, DX9 only! If this is true I will not pay a penny for it. They could care less about PC sale these days. I just hope it will come around and bite them in the ass one day.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Xtreme Member
    I swear somewhere I saw they "still remain committed to gaming on the PC" referring to the leak of the game that came out. After this announcement it sounds like they were just saving face. What a load of BS.

Add me on Facebook
    -=<#*!! 5OUnD PHr33K !!*#>=-

Xtreme Enthusiast
    These problems crysis seem to have is typical for software companies who have lost their best programmers.

Xtreme Member
    i am now so happy about canceling my pre order on steam. i swear to god if battlefield 3 does this same sh*t i am going to write quite an angry letter to EA, Crytek, and if the situation may be Dice

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast