Thread: Looking for 15,6" to 19" Widescreen TFT monitor 1080p (FullHD)!

Xtreme Member

Looking for 15,6" to 19" Widescreen TFT monitor 1080p (FullHD)!

Yeah yeah,

Before you guys call me crazy..... i kind of seem to have a nack for looking for hardware with specs that just aren't around yet.

I'm looking for a 15,6" to 19" inch widescreen TFT monitor, that can display a 1920x1080 or 1920x1200 resolution.

I want a screen with these measurements and resolution for several reasons.
    I can't seem to find even a 19" TFT screen that offers me FullHD resolutions.

Yet there are plenty of 15,6"/17" notebooks around with this option. (Are you telling me there's not a single chinese/japanese company that thought of making these panels into actual monitors? common...).

To avoid the discussion of "why i would want to view 1080p on a 15,6", 17" or 19" screen" ...i used to have a Clevo W860CU notebook which had a 15,6" 1080p screen. The resolution was great, even at that screen size.
    (Also, it was probably the most crisp picture i had ever seen).

I really hope someone can help me out by pointing me in the right direction.
    (I already know about the BenQ E2200HDA 21,5" and the Asus 21,5" counterpart...so no use to suggest those ).
    Last edited by Da_maniaC; 03-01-2011 at 01:53 PM.
    Da_maniaC's Rig (Eclipse) | Client / Server port for DooM!

Xtreme Member
    Common guys...anyone?

Xtreme Addict
    Get the laptop screen and a controller. For my projectors I used http://www.laptopbattery.co.nz/produ...oduct_no=35290 coupled with http://www.njytouch.com/RM5451.htm controller (via ebay)

Xtreme Member
    That looks very interesting.
    This leaves to think, how i would get to a nice looking housing if i do get the screen and the controller.