Thread: How to Clean a Rad

Chasing After Diety

How to Clean a Rad

WoW... Just WOW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9TwhwVlllo&

Not saying its not a working solution.
    But guys, it seems like a lot of people keep asking the simple old time question.

How do you clean a NEW RAD?

1. Most rads are precleaned. If not, its left over solder from the bath it has had. 95% of that solder is easily disolvable in HOT WATER.
    Marci has said himself, the simplist solution is to let water boil, then sit out for about 5 min. Then pour the hot water inside your rad, and then empty it.

2. The really bad radiators with sediment in his video can easily be cleaned by attaching the outlet to a faucet, and using the city's high pressure line to push gunk out of the chamber.
    Your not going to get anywhere close to the city's water line pressure on a pump, so your best off using the faucet to force push sediment.
    Of course you will need to flush with distilled. Fill the rad up with distilled and just empty it, and then repeat about 2 more times.
    Your trying to replace the tap water with distilled.

3. Lastly, why we bringing in filters on new rads?
    Whats next? Someone gonna go XS style and autoclave them too?
    Last edited by NaeKuh; 02-28-2011 at 09:36 AM.
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

Yeah, this vid was in a recent thread. I like his vids well enough, but I think he's really playing into the stigma of rads past. I've never seen anything come out of my 3 XSPC rads and I did a thorough pressure flushing.

What's with the actual commercial on his channel, I thought I was watching Hulu for a second
    QuagsQube: i7-980x / SLi GTX680 / Rampage III Formula / 6GB PC12800 / AX1200 / U2-UFO Case / RealSSD C300 128GB / X25m G2 80GB / 6010x1080 res / Watercooled
    Laptop: G73JH-A1

Xtreme Member
    This video could have been like 2 mins long and still have showed it's point. He talks about nothing for a looong time

I just use hot water and distilled water to finish it off with. Never had any problems.

Chasing After Diety
    im not saying he's wrong..

But lately, people are taking this way too out of hand.

Soon, were going to have licensed Flush stations at best buys, so you can take your PC, and have them service it like cars.

But seriously, adding a filter... doing all that work on a new rad... if im dropping a filter on my system, im also going to have a guppy in the reservoir.
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NaeKuh View Post
    im not saying he's wrong..

But lately, people are taking this way too out of hand.

Soon, were going to have licensed Flush stations at best buys, so you can take your PC, and have them service it like cars.

But seriously, adding a filter... doing all that work on a new rad... if im dropping a filter on my system, im also going to have a guppy in the reservoir.
    Remember the little treasure chest with bubbles coming out of it

Anyway, I completely agree with you.