Thread: rad scaling

Xtreme Member

rad scaling

hey guys,

this is mostly a question out of curiosity, but does anybody know about what the equivalent (cooling wise) of a 120.1 rad with 2x190CFM fans (push/pull) on it is? i have an h70 and two 190CFM fans sitting around and id like to know what people predictions are on the temps before i redo my whole rig to test it out.

thanks guys

I am Xtreme
    Push/pull would be completely useless. You wouldn't gain a thing over a single fan. I doubt you'd gain all that much performance (if any) by running fans pushing more than ~100CFM or so.

Xtreme Guru
    push-pull helps for lower speeds, when it might help counter rad's airflow resistance. With powerful fans like your mentioned 190cfm ones drop because of that restriction is much smaller, and so are gains, just like lowfat wrote. If for quiet fans it may bring upto 25% improvement, i doubt it bringing more then 5% with powerful ones.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eskamobob1 View Post
    hey guys,

this is mostly a question out of curiosity, but does anybody know about what the equivalent (cooling wise) of a 120.1 rad with 2x190CFM fans (push/pull) on it is? i have an h70 and two 190CFM fans sitting around and id like to know what people predictions are on the temps before i redo my whole rig to test it out.

thanks guys
    1x120mm is 1x120mm, that wont change just because you put on a high power fan or two. You cant say that it will be the same as a 240mm or a 360mm, unless you start being very specific with what rads and fans you use. You also need the data for both rads, from reviews like the ones on Skinnee's, but i doubt anyone has even made such reviews on the H70 using such high CFM fans?
    So if you get that specific, you could calculate your way to a figure, but it's all theory and as long as you dont have the data on your current setup, it just wont happen

Also remember that rad and fan isnt the only things that determine what temps you will get, the waterblock also plays a big role...

Xtreme Member
    lol... sry guys... i wrote this post at around 1am my time, so i wasn't quite thinking straight... my ambients are around 15-18c (i like my window open year round )... and it was more of i simply didnt want to take my loop apart... ill try to borrow an empty case from a friend, and i've got a spare 780i and ill take out my pentium D 840... once i get a new heat gun ill run tests of normal fans vs. 190CFM on the h70 and post... this thread will probably be quiet for a wile