Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sandybridge for overclocking, two solutions review.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    I have an M4E on the way eventually direct from ASUS. I also have a UD7, direct from GIGA.

Although my time is severely limited I will pit both boards against each other at balls to the walls settings in a large range of benches.

I would do it anyway for my own personal data of what boards are best at what so I don't have to second guess crap when I tackle a specific bench.

Usually I keep this data for personal use only however.......

I will not be going over electricals on the boards nor will I pretend to know what each chips purpose is or how it works. Sin0822 I like your reviews but just a friendly suggestion, no information is better than misinformation.

I also don't play favorites nor will I ever, credibility comes first for me and I will not ruin mine by sucking up to any manufacturer.

To drive that point home I would do another compare of ASUS PRO versus UD4, however the ASUS PRO has memory compatibility issues for balls to the walls benching as well as general stability issue if not really cold and the UD4 failed on my bench table and can no longer accept "bench" vcore, it's usefull as a daily driver now and thats about it when it decides to boot.

Until then guys seriously this little back and forth stuff between ASUS and Giga is getting kind of old.

Both have hit or miss products in the product cycle, thats life.

If I lose my connection with either or both manufacturers for this post......so be it.

I doubt you'll lose sample allocation for a statement like this Chew, being honest and objective is a good thing in reviews. And if you do tell it how it is, a recommendation from you holds a lot more weight than someone who always tows the line (readers wise up to things).

-Raja

XIP
    Very informative thread

For end user (bencher) perspective...it all boils down to affordability and to comprehend which board is good for which bench. I believe theres must be some kind of specific blue print on electrical connection deep in the middle of any pcb board that gave a board its character....You'll find out after sleep and eat with it for at least 2 weeks day in day out

After all we only need cpu, pci-e, ram, keyboard and mouse sockets on a mobo to be able to operate it...anything else is an xtra cost
    Last edited by Dumo; 03-01-2011 at 12:49 AM.

Brilliant Idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumo View Post
    Very informative thread

For end user (bencher) perspective...it all boils down to affordability and to comprehend which board is good for which bench. I believe theres must be some kind of specific blue print on electrical connection deep in the middle of any pcb board that gave a board its character....You'll find out after sleep and eat with it for at least 2 weeks day in day out

After all we only need cpu, pci-e, ram, keyboard and mouse sockets on a mobo to be able to operate it...anything else is an xtra cost
    You keep your mouse Dumo, I will stick with my trackball.
    Last edited by chew*; 03-01-2011 at 01:10 AM.
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

Xtreme Member
    The Best Review i've ever seen in my life. Congrats men !

Xtreme Enthusiast
    They are going out fast but the sheer volume is just staggering causing a major drag in retail shipping.

I am Xtreme
    for B3 i think GB is making some changes to the boards, take a look at the P67X-UD4-B3 posted in the news section that one has more power phases and different heatsink on the SB. I haven't heard much about asus.

I did get an email from microcenter saying that they are offering $25 giftcard if people wait until april/may to exchange their boards, but they have them available. I think GB is changing some things.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    Both have hit or miss products in the product cycle, thats life.

If I lose my connection with either or both manufacturers for this post......so be it.
    Chew for president, Dinos22 first lady
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

Xtreme XIP

Thumbs up

Amazing Report on this Boards TiN , the best Read i have had in a loong time , thank you for taking your time and effort to make this overclocking report so great , informative and a learning experience . I enjoy it every word out of it.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeghoofd View Post
    Chew for president, Dinos22 first lady
    That would be one scarry picture

Xtreme Member
    wow awesome
    Internal Watercooling Antec 900 Build Log*

WC loop: Black ice extreme 240 radiator, XSPC 120 radiator, HK 3.0, D5 pump with Bitspower top, DD fillport, Primochill tubing, distilled + ptnuke

Pink Floyd is #1

R.I.P computer
    again... since i'm new on this forum i don't know what the decorum is for posting on old threads (bad?)
    but... my jaw is on the floor from how detailed this review was!

TiN... if you ever get your hands on the EVGA P67 FTW... please if you have time... review it
    so far... there are minor bios issues, but the biggest bust for me so far is it seems to not handle memory that well... not sure if it will be fixed with future bios revisions or it is something with their design of the motherboard itself.

HWGurus
    Quote Originally Posted by badatgames18 View Post
    again... since i'm new on this forum i don't know what the decorum is for posting on old threads (bad?)
    but... my jaw is on the floor from how detailed this review was!

TiN... if you ever get your hands on the EVGA P67 FTW... please if you have time... review it
    so far... there are minor bios issues, but the biggest bust for me so far is it seems to not handle memory that well... not sure if it will be fixed with future bios revisions or it is something with their design of the motherboard itself.
    I have tested the EVGA FTW and I have to say I'm disappointment in it... CPU voltage is fluctuating a lot, some of the voltages doesn't even apply (VCCSA), very picky for overclocking as I couldn't even reach the clocks I could on MIVE, memory overclocking is very bad. But if you are looking about the performance, it is up to pair with MIVE

Xtreme Member
    I'm a bit late but....Outstanding! I hope you do more like this mate.
    My pot is bigger than your pot

WHAU!!!!

R.I.P computer
    Quote Originally Posted by quake6 View Post
    I have tested the EVGA FTW and I have to say I'm disappointment in it... CPU voltage is fluctuating a lot, some of the voltages doesn't even apply (VCCSA), very picky for overclocking as I couldn't even reach the clocks I could on MIVE, memory overclocking is very bad. But if you are looking about the performance, it is up to pair with MIVE
    I just started playing with it last night to this morning... holy moley is the memory scaling/overclocking terrible!!!

I have a set that does 7-9-7@1.65v super pi 32m stable on my other motherboards, and this is the absolute best i could muster on the p67 ftw (took hours)

vdim,@1.65v
    vccio@1.165v

The vcore is very bad also.. in os it shows 1.45 idle and 1.47 load but with my dmm it shows .06 higher at some points.

Is evga going to fix this or should i just sell it and buy a MIVE?

Xtreme Addict
    I have the exact same issue with mine. No stability if I tighten past 9-9-9 but on other boards 7-9-7 is fine. Plus it needs more voltage for 5Ghz and it overvolts quite a bit when you measure with DMM. EVGA said they wre working on the overvolting in the next BIOS release. Dont know about mem compatibility tough..

Explained in detail in my review under oc section - http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...review-12.html
    Quote Originally Posted by badatgames18 View Post
    I just started playing with it last night to this morning... holy moley is the memory scaling/overclocking terrible!!!

I have a set that does 7-9-7@1.65v super pi 32m stable on my other motherboards, and this is the absolute best i could muster on the p67 ftw (took hours)

vdim,@1.65v
    vccio@1.165v

The vcore is very bad also.. in os it shows 1.45 idle and 1.47 load but with my dmm it shows .06 higher at some points.

Is evga going to fix this or should i just sell it and buy a MIVE?
    Last edited by Eldonko; 08-18-2011 at 07:06 AM.
    MB Reviewer for HWC
    Team OCX Bench Team

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123