Thread: Difference between EK Supreme HF Designs...

Difference between EK Supreme HF Designs...

Is there any difference between the oval Supreme HF and the squared one?

I am asking that because I live in Brazil and I bought one EK Supreme HF from Performance PCS, they sent me the oval one but I am 100 percent sure that I bought the squared one. If the difference it is only the screw (aesthetic), then I think that there is no need to ask them to change, but if there is a performance difference than I think I should.

What do you guys think? I dont know if I will have to pay for the shipping of the one that it is with me and of the right one.

The one that they sent:

The one that I bought:

I have read this two topics1 2 and another one on Overclock.net, but they didnt have a clear answer.

I also bought 4 Bitspower Rotary 45 Degree Adapters and one came defective (It won't rotate, no matter what I do) and I will ask them to change.

Thank you.

Xtreme 3D Team
    Looks like asthetic difference only on the second one to me (though without seeing internals I don't think anyone can tell), spacing between ports in looks like same area/space.

The first one you mention is the older design.
    Smile

Xtreme Guru
    the squared looking HF is just a new revision thats all, same performance wise..

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme Member
    It bugs me when shops send you something different. When I see a picture of the item I buy, I expect my item to look the same as picture. If I wanted older version I'd try to find it on the site and order that...
    Just sayin ;/

I ordered some "Light Purple" thumbscrews from PerformancePcs and they sent me "Dark Red". I emailed them about it and showed pictures. They said that's our purple... I said no! Look at your picture on site. You know the difference between dark red and light purple? Smack... /vent off

and back to your question not sure about performance difference. But if something is newer and that's what you ordered... I'd want that, not older version.

Banned
    Another victim of performance pcs.

Quote Originally Posted by matari View Post
    Another victim of performance pcs.
    From the reply I'm getting from here and from overclock.net, it seems normal for Performance Pcs to send different parts from what costumers bought.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    It's exactly the same waterblock. It's just a new revision of the top which is square, in line with the metallic version. Internals are totally identical.

24/7 running quiet and nice

Banned
    If am going for the Corsair Obsidian all black look, then a move like this would piss me off; I am paying for aethetics not performance. I got an XSPC 5.25 bay reservoir from FrozenCPU that was rev.1. It was suppose to be rev 2. I called, sent it back and got the correct one.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by matari View Post
    If am going for the Corsair Obsidian all black look, then a move like this would piss me off;
    Explain why ? Both are all black !?

24/7 running quiet and nice

Banned
    The screws are not black. The rev. 1 has curves and rev. 2 does not. The square one looks better in the obsidian then the curve one.

the first one is EK SUPREME
    the second one is EK SUPREME HF
    two complete different block
    the second is good enough
    the first - not too good
    Core i5 2600k 4.7 1.375v Ek supreme hf
    2*4096 corsairs 2000mhz 1.55v
    P8p67 pro
    Ocz vertex 2 64gb
    Samsung 2tb f4 (dual sillent hd)
    Seasonic x-750
    Lg 47ld4500 47" s-ips 5ms
    Gaiward phantom gtx 570(ek vga supreme hf)
    Ddc 10w
    Watercool mora 3 1080 rad
    Phobya 150mm res

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by cka3o4nuk View Post
    the first one is EK SUPREME
    the second one is EK SUPREME HF
    two complete different block
    the second is good enough
    the first - not too good
    Both are Supreme HF

The square design was introduced so that the top could hold two of the large compression fittings such as BP with large OD.

Performance wise they are the same. Performance of the block is base related, not the top related.
    ..:Core i7 870///eVGA P55 Classified///VTX3D Radeon 6970///Asus Xonar D2X///16GB F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL///WD 6400AAKS 640Gb///Samsung F2 EcoGreen 1.5TB///Samsung F4 EcoGreen 2TB///Pioneer DVR 216///Seasonic X-series 850///Corsair Obsidian 800D///Logitech G15 rev.1///Logitech G400@Zowie G-TF Spawn///Philips 240SW:..

..:EK Supreme Acetal///Bitspower Black Freezer EIP55NSC///Magicool Pro III///S-Flex E@7v///Laing DDC-1T w/ EK Plexi top///EK Multioption 150:..

Xtreme Addict
    Both are supreme HF, both have exactly the same internal design.
    Only the outer design has been changed.

The square one was not released to support large OD fittings. BOTH support biggest compression fittings.
    Quote Originally Posted by creidiki
    EKs are like waterblock pr0n

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy_EK View Post
    The square one was not released to support large OD fittings. BOTH support biggest compression fittings.
    I thought it was redesigned to address issues like this, but I stand corrected
    ..:Core i7 870///eVGA P55 Classified///VTX3D Radeon 6970///Asus Xonar D2X///16GB F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL///WD 6400AAKS 640Gb///Samsung F2 EcoGreen 1.5TB///Samsung F4 EcoGreen 2TB///Pioneer DVR 216///Seasonic X-series 850///Corsair Obsidian 800D///Logitech G15 rev.1///Logitech G400@Zowie G-TF Spawn///Philips 240SW:..

..:EK Supreme Acetal///Bitspower Black Freezer EIP55NSC///Magicool Pro III///S-Flex E@7v///Laing DDC-1T w/ EK Plexi top///EK Multioption 150:..

Xtreme Member
    Good old Hank.
    Water
    Air

WC: EK Supreme HF | EK FC-6970 | 2x DDC 3.25 | EK DDC Dual V2 | EK Res X2 250 | TFC X-Changer 480

Unfortunately I end up ordering from Performance PCS far too often. Their departments are so compartmentalized like it's some massive operation and their not very friendly to stop by and pickup, a very alienating place. Far too many examples of pointless (even intelligence insulting) excuses and probable lies over the years, seems like I just got served up another. It also seems like you'd be better off placing your order when they open rather than the previous night since in my experience, those orders get done and out, while previous night orders always went to the end of the day or next day to complete, and don't even get me started on weekend orders.

If only Sidewinders had PPCs inventory, I'd be in wc'ing heaven.

EDIT: and what's the point of the comment box for your order, not once have the responded or accomplished what I left.

/end rant

@ Rafael hope you get what you paid for without any hassle, good luck.
    Last edited by Quagmire LXIX; 02-28-2011 at 08:35 AM.
    QuagsQube: i7-980x / SLi GTX680 / Rampage III Formula / 6GB PC12800 / AX1200 / U2-UFO Case / RealSSD C300 128GB / X25m G2 80GB / 6010x1080 res / Watercooled
    Laptop: G73JH-A1

So, the complete version of this story is in this Topic. Visit if you want to read a very frustrating story.

To summarize, they want me to pay for shipping from here to there and they pay the shipping back. As I dont want to spend money on something that it is not fair and it would take a lot of time for me to receive the right block back, I ended up with only one option, keep the block and start buying my computer parts at another store. (I wish I had accepted my friends offer on a XSPC Rasa, but no, I had to be stubborn and get the EK, and why, just because I thought it was more good looking)

Thank you guys for the help and support.

I am Xtreme
    where else can I get the old rev, I like the oval design better than the new square design

Xtreme Member
    talk to Gary, from the pics - it seems to be the oval design
    http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/ekwaekhfac.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

EVGA SR-2 , 2X Intel Xeon 5620, 12X2GB Corsair Domminator 1600 MHZ CL7
    3X GTX580, Corsair AX1200, Lian Li PC-Z70
    3X Dell U2311H, Liliput 7" touchscreen monitor

Xtreme Member
    hm i thought there were more options with the square design, e.g. full nickel plated, etc. i was actually considering getting a new one for the square top...
    1. INTEL E5200 M0 (200x12.5 @1.175), Abit IP-35Pro, 2x2GB DDR2-1000, GT240
    2. INTEL i7-920 C0 (200x19 @1.275), Gigabyte EX58-UD4P, 4x4GB DDR3-1333, GTX680 FTW+ 4GB

heat