Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: First Ingame video of Battlefield 3

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Prone! Hope this can beat 2142 gameplay.

Xtreme Member
    It was a rather lame video but I was still happy to see it none the less. Cant wait for a real gameplay video, on a PC maxed out!
    **RIG**
    -Intel i5 4670K 4.5GHz
    -Noctua NH-D14
    -AsRock Killerx87
    -Gskill 2100 c9
    -AMD Radeon HD7970
    -CM 690II

Xtreme Member
    people are really buying the game based on this video?
    the video shows almost nothing...

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    Very good looking. It's nice to see detailed textures. I'm glad they went for a DX10-minimum engine this time around instead of making compromises for legacy DX9 gear.
    System-crushing GFX for the win in my opinion, we can always upgrade once new hardware comes to run it smoothly, and dial down settings in the meantime !

Xtreme Member
    That was a video? I could barely make out what looked like a Modern Warfare 2 mod with tanks.
    --lapped Q9650 #L828A446 @ 4.608, 1.45V bios, 1.425V load.
    -- NH-D14 2x Delta AFB1212SHE push/pull and 110 cfm fan -- Coollaboratory Liquid PRO
    -- Gigabyte EP45-UD3P ( F10 ) - G.Skill 4x2Gb 9600 PI @ 1221 5-5-5-15, PL8, 2.1V
    - GTX 480 ( 875/1750/928)
    - HAF 932 - Antec TPQ 1200 -- Crucial C300 128Gb boot --
    Primary Monitor - Samsung T260

Xtreme Addict
    awesome graphics
    Vishera 8320@ 5ghz | Gigabyte UD3 | 8gb TridentX 2400 c10| Powercolor 6850 | Thermalight Silver Arrow (bench Super KAZE 3k) | Samsung 830 128gbx2 Raid 0| Fractal case

You can really tell the Battlefield fans from the uninitiated in this thread.

Yes, people are going to be spurred into preorders based on something this short. All you really have to do is show a glimpse of its existence and we're going to get excited.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroikenshi View Post
    no, in a strip club people usually pay a cover charge to go in, this one was for free, kinda like a boob flash done as someone drove past
    LMAO..... You are right, it was like a drive by boob flash.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
    System-crushing GFX for the win in my opinion, we can always upgrade once new hardware comes to run it smoothly, and dial down settings in the meantime !
    By the time you can run it properly the next new game will be out and there is little urge to go back and replay something just so you can see it again, with more shaders!

Release games that can be maxed out now, with the hardware that exists... or accept the fact that smart consumers will wait till your game is 5 bucks in the used game bin, or less on steam, and they can run it properly.
    AMD Phenom II BE, ASUS Crosshair II formula, 8gb ddr2 800, 470 SLI, PC P&C 750, arcera RAID, 4x OCZ Vertex2, 2x samsung 7200 1tb, HT Omega Clario +

Xtreme Enthusiast
    This game is going to be EPIC. Heres a teaser analysis if anyone has not seen it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb-mz...layer_embedded
    GPU: 4-Way SLI GTX Titan's (1202 MHz Core / 3724 MHz Mem) with EK water blocks and back-plates
    CPU: 3960X - 5.2 GHz with Koolance 380i water block
    MB: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme with EK full board water block
    RAM: 16 GB 2400 MHz Team Group with Bitspower water blocks
    DISPLAY: 3x 120Hz Portrait Perfect Motion Clarity 2D Lightboost Surround
    SOUND: Asus Xonar Essence -One- USB DAC/AMP
    PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX1500
    SSD: Raid 0 - Samsung 840 Pro's
    BUILD THREAD: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1751610

D.F.I Pimp Daddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivon View Post
    Impressive graphics. Can't wait
    Perhaps but its made by EA Games and they are buggy as hell
    SuperMicro X8SAX
    Xeon 5620
    12GB - Crucial ECC DDR3 1333
    Intel 520 180GB Cherryville
    Areca 1231ML ~ 2~ 250GB Seagate ES.2 ~ Raid 0 ~ 4~ Hitachi 5K3000 2TB ~ Raid 6 ~

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrobozo View Post
    people are really buying the game based on this video?
    the video shows almost nothing...
    Nothing is guaranteed but DICE has an excellent track record with the BF series so we pretty much expect a great gameplay experience. So yeah showing a little skin is enough to get us excited cause we know she's smart and funny too.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Callsign_Vega View Post
    This game is going to be EPIC. Heres a teaser analysis if anyone has not seen it:

Comone... wth.. a 7 minute "analysis" of 20 seconds of game footage...

talk about creating hype.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Callsign_Vega View Post

thx for the link. looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet331 View Post
    Comone... wth.. a 7 minute "analysis" of 20 seconds of game footage...

talk about creating hype.
    well, they pointed out some pretty good things i wasn't able to spot in the trailer on youtube (the yt-player is just horrible if you want to seek to a specific point in the video).
    1. Asus P5Q-E / Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @~3612 MHz (8,5x425) / 2x2GB OCZ Platinum XTC (PC2-8000U, CL5) / EVGA GeForce GTX 570 / Crucial M4 128GB, WD Caviar Blue 640GB, WD Caviar SE16 320GB, WD Caviar SE 160GB / be quiet! Dark Power Pro P7 550W / Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000BWA / LG L227WT / Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 // SysProfile

2. Asus A8N-SLI / AMD Athlon 64 4000+ @~2640 MHz (12x220) / 1024 MB Corsair CMX TwinX 3200C2, 2.5-3-3-6 1T / Club3D GeForce 7800GT @463/1120 MHz / Crucial M4 64GB, Hitachi Deskstar 40GB / be quiet! Blackline P5 470W

Xtreme Member
    Nice short teaser.

The visuals look very impressive.

Hopefully a single gtx 580 can run it adequately.
    Under the hood:
    Motherboard - MSI Big Bang Xpower
    CPU - Intel Core I7 970 3.2 @ 4.4ghz/w 1.28vcore
    Cooler- Intel Stock Heatsink
    RAM - Gskill Trident 3x2gb @ 2100 cl9
    GPU -2x Nvidia GTX 580 SLI
    Soundcard - Creative xfi xtremegamer
    DVDRW - LG 22x DVD RW Drive
    Samsung Spinpoint f3 500gb HDD
    Tower- MM Ascension CYO Brushed Aluminum
    Monitor - Sony Bravia 40" LED 1080p 120hz
    Keyboard - Razer Tarantula
    Mouse - Logitech G5

Xtreme Guru
    All of the BF games have been pure win, lets just hope this isnt full of campers and they unlock alot of features that bfbc didnt have, gtx 595 should be out before the release, this thing is gonna be a power hungry mofo..

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny87au View Post
    All of the BF games have been pure win, lets just hope this isnt full of campers and they unlock alot of features that bfbc didnt have, gtx 595 should be out before the release, this thing is gonna be a power hungry mofo..
    mate camper have existed since Quake 1 came out in the late 1990's.... I seriously think camping is embedded onto DNA

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroikenshi View Post
    mate camper have existed since Quake 1 came out in the late 1990's.... I seriously think camping is embedded onto DNA
    Actually if you've played BFBC2's rush game mode, there isn't much camping at all.

Partially because you can blow every single wall down, partially because the game play is too frenetic to stay in one spot camping. And also partially due to the kill cam

Xtreme Addict
    I'm not having a go at anyone in particular, but having played a variety of fps games for some time now, generally I find that people who complain about camping are the ones that aren't playing the game as it is and for what it is.

Someone mentioned quake above (I guess this applies to UT as well), what is a camper in that game? Health and weapons spawn in particular spots, why do people complain when players hang around these spots and wait for people who come looking for health or that weapon? That is a specific working tactic, which you are free to employ yourself.

For other games of a different style, namely CS1.6/CSS style and BF style. What makes you think that you are free to run around doing as you please? If you run out into the open, empty space or a common choke area or fire zone without having any particular goal or aim other than just to travel in that area, you will be shot at and most likely killed. That is nobodies fault but your own, learn how to play these sort of games properly, move tactically, with timing and purpose, not just aimless running around at speed trying to put the quake into BF or CS/CSS and then start whining when your head gets taken off after running into a common choke point or firezone.

There is no way in hell you can change any fps game to remove what you call "camping", I'm happy to hear any constructive suggestions though, however what it comes down to is games will eventually simulate real world, and holding W (and sprint for those games) will get you killed and quickly.

The above is only my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontl1ne View Post
    Actually if you've played BFBC2's rush game mode, there isn't much camping at all.

Partially because you can blow every single wall down, partially because the game play is too frenetic to stay in one spot camping. And also partially due to the kill cam
    What I hate most about sniping recons is when there are so many, either as defenders or attackers, you are almost guaranteed to lose. And for the kill cam that is the main reason why I dislike hardcore mode, more power to snipers with kill cam immunity and less hp, great.
    Some like hardcore mode due to less bullets to kill a person... please...
    Last edited by LuckyNV; 02-25-2011 at 05:03 AM.
    i5-750 w/ Thermalright Ultra120X
    Coolermaster HAF-932
    MSI GD65
    2x2GB G.skill Cas7 1600MHz
    Sapphire HD6870
    Western Digital 640GB.AAKS
    2x Samsung F1 1TB
    2x Samsung SLC 64GB SSD
    Pioneer DVR-212BK
    Corsair HX620W
    Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music (dead, using onboard -.-)
    LG W2286L

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyNV View Post
    Some like hardcore mode due to less bullets to kill a person... please...
    What is that suppose to mean?

I hate normal mode from the bottom of my heart, 10 mags to kill 2 persons... please...

Xtreme Guru
    1 shot 1 kill ftw!

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Quote Originally Posted by nullface View Post
    What is that suppose to mean?

I hate normal mode from the bottom of my heart, 10 mags to kill 2 persons... please...
    Or use them shotguns ^^ 1 shot 1 kill, but it does require a well placed shot to the face. Honestly the video was too short to tell definitively but looks to be same graphics as BF2:BC, but for me BF series always meant amazing sound and sfx. Haven't play any other games where it felt like you were actually IN the fight.

Xtreme Addict

lol true, that's why I am always urging camping noobs to push the fak up and stop camping... no really our clan hates campers

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by HelixPC View Post
    LMAO..... You are right, it was like a drive by boob flash.
    maybe more like a set of melons displaying god like cleavage, matter of fact is that frostbite 2 looks like its going to deliver some impressive graphics

Xtreme Member

Lol, that's adorable that you need to play on servers where killcam is enabled just to kill a camper. And even on the beginner mode servers it's easy as heck to camp. Especially in Rush mode.

COD might be more your style.
    Bill Cosby: Stewie, what do you think candy is made out of?
    Stewie Griffin: Sunshine and farts! What the hell kind of question is that?!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast