i7 2600K @ 4.6GHz/Maximus IV Extreme
    2x 4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866
    HD5870 1GB PCS+/OCZ Vertex 120GB +
    WD Caviar Black 1TB
    Corsair HX850/HAF 932/Acer GD235HZ
    Auzentech X-Fi Forte/Sennheiser PC-350 + Corsair SP2500

I am Xtreme
    The video is very short, sadly...
    Either way, the models look great, nice animations, the textures are fine... So far so good!
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Guru
    Prone. \o/ There now it's said. :p

It does like expected look very much similar compared to BC2 (no I can see there's improved textures and animations look great but it does have a similar look/feel to it) but yea I bet gameplay will be a lot better. Finally some small glimpse of hope for PC gaming.
    Last edited by RPGWiZaRD; 02-23-2011 at 07:44 AM.
    Intel? Core i5-4670K @ 4.3 GHz | ASRock Extreme6 Z87 | G.Skill Sniper 2x8GB @ DDR4-1866 CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 970 OC Windforce 3x | Super Flower Titanium 1000W | ViewSonic VX2268wm 120Hz LCD | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | Logitech MX-518 | Win 7 x64 Professional | Samsung 850 EVO & 840 Pro SSDs

If all people would share opinions in an objective manner, the world would be a friendlier place

Xtreme Member
    Must buy!
    Oh...your ass is grass and I've got the weed-whacker.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    EA

Xtreme Mentor
    Impressive graphics. Can't wait

Very good looking. It's nice to see detailed textures. I'm glad they went for a DX10-minimum engine this time around instead of making compromises for legacy DX9 gear.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Xtreme Addict
    meh. if the game is a homosauce of unlockable items it won't matter how nice it looks.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    Very good looking. It's nice to see detailed textures. I'm glad they went for a DX10-minimum engine this time around instead of making compromises for legacy DX9 gear.
    Well if its being played on X360 or PS3 it will be DX9 still.

Where is the specs for the game?
    -=The Gamer=-
    MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) | i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz | 1.3875V | 28C Idle / 65C Load (LinX)
    8Gig G.Skill Ripjaw PC3-12800 9-9-9-24 @ 1600Mhz w/ 1.5V | TR Ultra eXtreme 120 w/ 2 Fans
    Sapphire 7950 VaporX 1150/1500 w/ 1.2V/1.5V | 32C Idle / 64C Load | 2x 128Gig Crucial M4 SSD's
    BitFenix Shinobi Window Case | SilverStone DA750 | Dell 2405FPW 24" Screen
    -=The Server=-
    Synology DS1511+ | Dual Core 1.8Ghz CPU | 30C Idle / 38C Load
    3 Gig PC2-6400 | 3x Samsung F4 2TB Raid5 | 2x Samsung F4 2TB
    Heat

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by bamtan2 View Post
    meh. if the game is a homosauce of unlockable items it won't matter how nice it looks.
    dude I predict unlocks, achievements and grinding until late next year

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by deathman20 View Post

I believe those shoots where taken from the 360 version. Watch it on Youtube at @1080p and you will see that the textures, polygon count and AA is quite low compared to a PC game. The shot that made think its on the 360 is when the bloke pokes the map on the table.

Besides that.... LOVE IT!!! Cant wait to play some real BF
    TAMGc5: PhII X4 945, Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD3P, 2x Kingston PC2-6400 HyperX CL4 2GB, 2x ASUS HD 5770 CUcore Xfire, Razer Barracuda AC1, Win8 Pro x64 (Current)

TAMGc6: AMD FX, Gigabyte GA-xxxx-UDx, 8GB/16GB DDR3, Nvidia 680 GTX, ASUS Xonar, 2x 120/160GB SSD, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 6Gb/s, Win8 Pro x64 (Planned)

Quote Originally Posted by deathman20 View Post

That doesn't say much. The Frostbite 2 engine does not run on DX9, so the console version would have to be backported to Frostbite 1.5. In other words, you wouldn't be able to compare render paths. What I said is valid.
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Xtreme Member
    That guys hip is still on fire... poor guy.

I can wait for BF3, but do not want too.
    Motherboard: GigaByte P67UD4 f6 | CPU: Intel 2500k 4.5ghz 1.26v | Memory: GSkill 2x4gb @ 1600mhz 1.34v | PSU: SeaSonic X650 Gold 650W | Video: AMD 6970 Koolance water block 880c/1450mem 1.035v | HDD: WD 640gb cavier black: VelociRaptor 300gb: Intel x-25 g2 80gb | Sound: Asus xonar D1 | OS: W7 64bit

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post
    Prone. \o/ There now it's said. :p

It does like expected look very much similar compared to BC2 (no I can see there's improved textures and animations look great but it does have a similar look/feel to it) but yea I bet gameplay will be a lot better. Finally some small glimpse of hope for PC gaming.
    i dunno man from the short flashes it looked to have a much higher LOD and higher res textures compared to BC2. hard to tell though till we see for sure

Quote Originally Posted by bamtan2 View Post
    QFT thats all that needs to be said about the MP. every FPS now is trying to be like COD multiplayer. to bad that COD multiplayer is total garbage now...
    CPU: Intel Core i7 3930K @ 4.5GHz
    Mobo: Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    RAM: 32GB (8x4GB) Patriot Viper EX @ 1866mhz
    GPU: EVGA GTX Titan (1087Boost/6700Mem)
    Physx: Evga GTX 560 2GB
    Sound: Creative XFI Titanium
    Case: Modded 700D
    PSU: Corsair 1200AX (Fully Sleeved)
    Storage: 2x120GB OCZ Vertex 3's in RAID 0 + WD 600GB V-Raptor + Seagate 1TB
    Cooling: XSPC Raystorm, 2x MCP 655's, FrozenQ Warp Drive, EX360+MCR240+EX120 Rad's

Nerdy Powerlifter
    BR3 looks like a game I'll actually buy.

I have avoided "realistic" war games like COD & BF b/c I want unrealistic game play (like the old UT games, Quake, even Halo).

I wonder what kind of rig you'll need to run this w/ max settings.
    You must [not] advance.

Current Rig: i7 4790k @ stock (**** TIM!) , Zotac GTX 1080 WC'd 2214mhz core / 5528mhz Mem, Asus z-97 Deluxe

Heatware

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Synthetickiller View Post
    BR3 looks like a game I'll actually buy.

I have avoided "realistic" war games like COD & BF b/c I want unrealistic game play (like the old UT games, Quake, even Halo).

I wonder what kind of rig you'll need to run this w/ max settings.
    +1. You're in the same boat as me then. So far I haven't really enjoyed "realistic" (feels weird even typing that :p) warfare games but I wish I could get into them, altough I was too late with BF2 and felt like I just jumped on that train too late and every1 were so great at the game by then and I felt easier going back to what I do great, the homocide running bunny jumper in UT. :p The strategies are so different for these kind of games, it feels so different when you can't run out in the open without immediatly get HS'd or exploded to bits or something the few seconds later. In fast paced scifi shooters you survive simply by moving around and the more the merrier and there it can be actually useful to stay out in the open so the strategies are like totally different and I haven't quite adopted to the gameplay of these modern shooter type of games.
    Last edited by RPGWiZaRD; 02-23-2011 at 09:23 AM.
    Intel? Core i5-4670K @ 4.3 GHz | ASRock Extreme6 Z87 | G.Skill Sniper 2x8GB @ DDR4-1866 CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 970 OC Windforce 3x | Super Flower Titanium 1000W | ViewSonic VX2268wm 120Hz LCD | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | Logitech MX-518 | Win 7 x64 Professional | Samsung 850 EVO & 840 Pro SSDs

If all people would share opinions in an objective manner, the world would be a friendlier place

Xtreme Mentor
    Im the opposite. I prefer "realistic" shooters, even tho they arent really that realistic. Never been a big fan of Quake and UT and the like, but CS ive played since the beta and also played some COD and quite alot of Battlefield.
    Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    Not to be outdone by rival ATi, nVidia's going to offer its own drivers on EA Download Manager.
    X2 555 @ B55 @ 4050 1.4v, NB @ 2700 1.35v Fuzion V1
    Gigabyte 890gpa-ud3h v2.1
    HD6950 2GB swiftech MCW60 @ 1000mhz, 1.168v 1515mhz memory
    Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1866 cas 9 @ 1800 8.9.8.27.41 1T 110ns 1.605v
    C300 64GB, 2X Seagate barracuda green LP 2TB, Essence STX, Zalman ZM750-HP
    DDC 3.2/petras, PA120.3 ek-res400, Stackers STC-01,
    Dell U2412m, G110, G9x, Razer Scarab

Xtreme Addict
    Nice...more than all that doesn't seem a console port (good textures)
    TRUE Lapped - Intel Core i7 2600k 4,7Ghz - ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 - Nvidia GTX 1080 FE - 16Gb Crucial 2133 Mhz CL9 1,51v - Crucial M4 256Gb - Crucial MX300 1050Gb - Corsair AX850 - Fractal Define R3

Xtreme Member
    I’m sick of DX9, this looks refreshing.
    PC-A04 | Z68MA-ED55 | 2500k | 2200+ XPG | 7970 | 180g 520 | 2x1t Black | X3 1000w

Xtreme Addict
    That doesn't say much. The Frostbite 2 engine does not run on DX9, so the console version would have to be backported to Frostbite 1.5. In other words, you wouldn't be able to compare render paths. What I said is valid.
    Ehh that's invalid either. Consoles using their close to metal shader APIs can make up/exceed the set definition of DirectX. DX is just a set of standards that apply to the PC for generations of GPU, but outside of that, with a specific GPU you can do much more with lower level stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by radaja View Post
    so are they launching BD soon or a comic book?

Xtreme Member
    i'm thinking of upgrading my video card for this! But still im wary... gaming companies ahve ways of messing things up... im scare this will be closer to bfbc2 then bf2. I like some bfbc2 elements, but it needs a bf2 feel over all.

it needs to be more team oriented like bf2 where bfbc2 is more squad oriented... and squads have no way to communicate with each other...
    i5 4690k @ stock on Apogee GTX
    MB ????
    RAM ???
    HD6970 on mcw60
    PA120.3
    Custom Built Case

My Blog:
    http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/Locke

Quote Originally Posted by Macadamia View Post
    Ehh that's invalid either. Consoles using their close to metal shader APIs can make up/exceed the set definition of DirectX. DX is just a set of standards that apply to the PC for generations of GPU, but outside of that, with a specific GPU you can do much more with lower level stuff.
    How is it invalid? Frostbite 1.5 has a render path for consoles as we know. It's the engine Bad Company 2 is on, and I believe it runs on consoles. Frostbite 2 would have to have a very DX9-esque render path if it wants to do the 360. It would be very much more likely that the game will be backported to 1.5 or ported to some other engine entirely. One of the core ideas of the Frostbite 2 engine is to build an engine from the ground up that is DX10-style. If you want it to do DX9, you have to make the same general compromises that the previous engine had. This new engine isn't supposed to be like that.

So no, what I said isn't invalid. I know the 360 doesn't run a standard version of DirectX. Calling it DX9(ish) is solely done for referential convenience. I thought that was common enough knowledge that nobody would misunderstand.

Rule 1A:

Rule 2:

Rule 2A:

Rule 3:

Xtreme Enthusiast
    i think ill be purchasing this as well. I never got into BF .. i played one(bf2 i believe) for a few hours and uninstalled and gave it away. But this looks much better

Xtreme Member
    haven't been excited for a PC release in a loooong time. lets hope we get gameplay over ANY graphics path(dx9/10/11)
    graphics get old. gameplay that is good now will still be good in 20 years(not saying improvements can't ever be made to gameplay but think quake 3....still great game just cause of gameplay)

Xtreme Member
    How is it invalid? Frostbite 1.5 has a render path for consoles as we know. It's the engine Bad Company 2 is on, and I believe it runs on consoles. Frostbite 2 would have to have a very DX9-esque render path if it wants to do the 360. It would be very much more likely that the game will be backported to 1.5 or ported to some other engine entirely. One of the core ideas of the Frostbite 2 engine is to build an engine from the ground up that is DX10-style. If you want it to do DX9, you have to make the same general compromises that the previous engine had. This new engine isn't supposed to be like that.

So no, what I said isn't invalid. I know the 360 doesn't run a standard version of DirectX. Calling it DX9(ish) is solely done for referential convenience. I thought that was common enough knowledge that nobody would misunderstand.
    Frostbite 2 has a render path for consoles and what about the PS3? No DirectX there now or ever.
    BF3 will NEVER be ported to some other engine.
    And DX10 isn't some wonderfull new thing that suddenly produces magic. Its just an API, nothing more nothing less. The difference is its a much more clean & mean than DX9. There is next to nothing (if anything) that DX10 can do, that DX9 can't. DX10 is just a much(!) better way to do the same thing.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast