Thread: Enough rad?

Xtreme Enthusiast

Enough rad?

Considering getting back into watercooling. I haven't had a WC'd rig since my old silver Cathar G5 days

Is a RX240 plus a RX120 enough to cool a 5.3ghz 2600K and 2 6950's flashed to 6970? This is pretty much the absolute maximum I can fit in my case. I wish it was one inch longer...then I'd be able to do a 3x120mm plus a the RX120 but even with cutting (which I'm not afraid of doing) I'm hitting the PSU.

The other consideration is that I don't want to run screamer fans. Something like the infamous Yate Loons are about the maximum loudness I'm willing to consider. Note that I'm not overly concerned with ultra - low temperatures. I definitely want lower temps than air, but my main reasons for doing this would be noise reduction, aesthetics, and because I just love to tinker with things. The chip can do 5.2ghz @ 1.4v, so I'd like to at least get that gaming stable.
    Last edited by computerpro3; 02-22-2011 at 08:44 PM.
    3770k @ 5ghz 1.35v linx stable
    Asus Maximus V Extreme
    8gb Samsung Green @ 2600mhz 11-11-11-31
    EVGA GTX 680
    Corsair AX850
    XSPC Watercooling

Xtreme Guru
    For aesthetics/low noise and great performance some scythe gt-15's would be your best bet.. As for the rad's im going to say yes 360 worth of rad should be sufficient enough paired with some scythe fans, Sb is rather low powered and the 6950s flashed really dont OC that high.. I've pretty much seen a identical rig on another forum except he was just using a 240 with push/pull using GT's.. his temps were quite high but still well under the safe range..

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Consider the HW Labs GTX 240 + 120 + scythe gentle typhoons at 1850rpms for your build. At over 1000rpm the GTX line of radiators start to outperform others when used with the GTs.

Xtreme Member
    Your system is gonna put out roughly about 550W, and RX360 can handle just about that amount @ 15C DT with 1000RPM Yate Loon D12SL-12. If you want better temps, it can also do 10C DT @ 1800RPM wit a heat load of 575W. Just to give you anidea of what to expect

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by computerpro3 View Post
    5.3ghz 2600K
    That's a bit optimistic.
    It should work, but it will be quite warm during gaming sessions.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.