Thread: I believe that God hates me...

Xtreme Member

I believe that God hates me...

Okey guys, Im having a lot of problems with my first WC setup, and that's why I think that god maybe hates me.

After spending MANY hours of working with my uncle in the loop, when it comes to the part of filling it with the refrigerant, it comes with leaks. The first one, came from the pump, its a Laing D5 Vario and it has a mayor leak in the upper "tube" between its own fitting, we tryed several things but it keeps leaking, adjusting it, dismounting it and readjusting it, cleaning the barbs with a lime, nothing. We checked for any cracks but the pump seems to be in perfect conditions.

The second issue was a leak coming from the reservoir. Its a Phobya Balancer 150mm Blck Nickel and the leak comes from the middle of the reservoir, from the lowest part where the anti-cyclone plate is placed. My uncle said that maybe the O-Ring is too short for it and probably a taller will do the trick, but I wanted to ask you guys any ideas for those to problems.

Anyway, hope that you would help me to solve this and of course when I finish everything I will post the pics of it.

BTW, this is the systm:

Core i7 860
    EVGA P55 Classified 200
    Corsair Dominator GT
    MSI GTX 580 Twin Frozr II
    Thermaltake TP 1000W
    Cosmos S

EK Supreme-HF Plexi
    XSPC RS-360
    Laing D5 Vario
    Phobya Balancer 150mm
    Phobya Nano-G 1500rpm 3x120mm

Xtreme Guru
    Which fittings you using?? Sounds like it could be the fittings, And i didnt read that you replaced some leaking tubing, maby try cutting off some fresh tubing and leaktest it ..

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme Member
    Leaking tubing??? The tubes are news dude, along with the rest of the WC components and hardware, why should I replace them? Im using compression fittings, but the leak dont come from it, it comes from the fittings that came with the pump:

There you plug two fittings that came with the pump, wich let you plug your own fittings. Well, the leak is coming from the outlet of the pump, between the outlet and the pump's own fitting.

Xtreme Guru
    Nothing is impossible mate, ive had new tubing leak due to small holes.. So always be sure.. Try heat up your tubing and just place it on the oulet of the pump, im guessing its your compressions, have you tryed to replace the compression ?

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme Supporter
    Pictures of your loop/setup would definitely help.

Xtreme Member
    The compressions are fine, the leak comes from the pump's fittings, beside I tryed other compressions and were good ones. I will try to heat up the tubes, they are PrimoChill tubes but guess they might fail too.

Today I will post some pics, but now is late and I have to sleep and rest a little bit

Maybe the interior of the pump's fitting have the problem? What thing should I put between the pump is top outlet and the pump's fitting to assure maximun contact?

Thanks for the replies!

Banned
    for your leak you can try with teflon

I am Xtreme
    For the leak on the pump, is there a washer in the fitting that is screwed onto it? IIRC, that is a G1/2 thread which means that Teflon tape is pretty much pointless.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Mentor

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by kroks View Post
    for your leak you can try with teflon
    someone say small piece of teflon tape may get in the loop?
    Intel Core i5 6600K + ASRock Z170 OC Formula + Galax HOF 4000 (8GBx2) + Antec 1200W OC Version
    EK SupremeHF + BlackIce GTX360 + Swiftech 655 + XSPC ResTop
    Macbook Pro 15" Late 2011 (i7 2760QM + HD 6770M)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) , Huawei Nexus 6P
    [history system]80286 80386 80486 Cyrix K5 Pentium133 Pentium II Duron1G Athlon1G E2180 E3300 E5300 E7200 E8200 E8400 E8500 E8600 Q9550 QX6800 X3-720BE i7-920 i3-530 i5-750 Semp140@x2 955BE X4-B55 Q6600 i5-2500K i7-2600K X4-B60 X6-1055T FX-8120 i7-4790K

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    For the leak on the pump, is there a washer in the fitting that is screwed onto it? IIRC, that is a G1/2 thread which means that Teflon tape is pretty much pointless.
    Mmm nope, no washer onto it. Maybe a tiny plastic washer of the same size could do the trick?

Also I was thinking of adding a top, like the EK-X2 top I think, is that compatible with my pump? I have the Laing D5 Vario 38/380N.

Xtreme Addict
    The g1/4" adapters that came with it should have rubber o-rings. With straight threads, you are going to have leaks without a rubber o-ring. Teflon tape is designed for metal to metal tapered fittings, not straight fittings like what you have.

As far as God hating you, maybe instead the Devil likes you...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by voigts View Post
    The g1/4" adapters that came with it should have rubber o-rings. With straight threads, you are going to have leaks without a rubber o-ring. Teflon tape is designed for metal to metal tapered fittings, not straight fittings like what you have.

As far as God hating you, maybe instead the Devil likes you...
    Well, maybe that is the case, last night I dreamed that Azazel want me to be the 4th demon Weird things I dream

I will check the other adapter if it has an o-ring inside of it.

Beside of that, its a good idea of the EK TOP? I believe that the lenght of the tube that is connected to the radiator is long enough to reach it if I decide to install it, the thing is that I dont know if it's compatible with my pump.

Aahhh, WC is something amazing, but is a pain in the ass having this kind of troubles

Xtreme Member
    Well guys, the problem with the thread was a missing o-ring

Now all that's left is to buy that o-ring and a pair bigger for the resorvoir, but that's going to happend the next weekend, and as I promise, I will post some pics of the finished work.

Thanks everyone!