View Poll Results: How would YOU categorize this list?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • By Genre

16 14.68%
  • By Release Date

77 70.64%
  • Alphabetically (As is)

16 14.68%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming PC games release dates (US)

Xtreme Member
    From Games.on.net -

Serious Sam 3 Gets Substantial

Substantial details, that is! Woo! News that Serious Sam 3 was going full-steam ahead was good enough, but to hear directly from the horse’s mouth – that horse being Devolver Digital in tandem with original creators Croteam, of course – that it’ll boast a 16-player co-op campaign is cause for pant-wetting celebration. It’s also not just called ‘Serious Sam 3’, it’s called ‘Serious Sam 3: BFE’. But why? What’s that stand for, eh?

"For now, it's just BFE,” chuckle the developers, so feel free to proffer your own rude guesswork. I’m pretty keen on ‘Bulbous Furry Earlobe’ myself, but then again I’m quite silly and enjoy such meandering whimsy. In any event, Serious Sam 3 will take place in 22nd century Egypt, right in the middle of a collapsing civilisation (oo-er, some curiously topical timing there…) ravaged by terrifying but shootable beasts. Those beasts will include the return of signature baddies like the Headless Kamikaze, with the gameplay itself set to tune up its close-range fisticuffs with an assortment of crunchy new melee weaponry. Due out around May and sounding good, gents.

Chuck a partay!

Source

Add me on Facebook
    -=<#*!! 5OUnD PHr33K !!*#>=-

Xtreme Member
    List updated and overhauled :-)

Add me on Facebook

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Wow, you've been busy digging. Nice compilation, even if some are just hopefuls.

Here's the ones I'm interested in:

Aliens: Colonial Marines
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
    Batman: Arkham City
    Battle: Los Angeles
    Bioshock Infinite
    Black Mesa
    Brink
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
    Crysis 2
    Dirt 3
    Doom 4
    Driver: San Francisco
    Dues Ex 3
    Duke Nukem Forever
    F.E.A.R. 3
    Half-Life 2: Episode Three
    Max Payne 3
    Medal of Honor 2
    Metro 2034
    Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed
    Operation Flashpoint: Red River
    Portal 2
    Prey 2
    Prototype 2
    Race Driver: Grid 2
    Rage
    Red Faction: Armageddon
    Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad
    Saints Row 3
    Serious Sam 3: BFE
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
    They
    Thief 4
    Tomb Raider 2011
    Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

Love will tear us apart
    It's going to be a good year.
    Dark Star IV
    i5 3570K | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | 8GB Samsung 30nm | GTX 670 FTW 4GB + XSPC Razer 680 | 128GB Samsung 830
    Apogee HD White | 140MM UT60/120MM UT45/120MM ST30 | XSPC D5 V2

Xtreme Member
    It sure seems this way, wasn't too many titles last year that I thought were too good, and some quite a let down. Lets hope that this year brings forth a nice quantity and variety of some epic quality games.
    Last edited by SabreWulf69; 03-03-2011 at 03:09 AM.

Add me on Facebook

Xtreme Mentor
    Guild Wars 2 + Tomb raider.. only ones im looking forward to..

Guild wars 2 actually seems to be innovating in the MMORPG area... which is very rare..... and tomb raider cos' i've played every single one..

Most FPS's are crap these days.. only thing that would tempt me is the new Team Fortress in development.. and new CS:Source
    "Cast off your fear. Look forward. Never stand still, retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die. SHOUT! My name is…"
    //James

Xtreme Member
    From Games.on.net -

"You might be forgiven for not paying too much attention to Fallout Online, especially since its legal future seems to get murkier every day. How can you get too frothed up about a game that might not even see launch? Fortunately for you all, I’ve got a lot of froth to go around, and I’d like to take the time to share some of it with you. Let’s all gather around the old campfire (except for you Steve, you’re on radscorpion watch) and talk about what we know so far - with information cribbed from Interplay’s own newsletter, The Armageddon Rag, plus a healthy dose of speculation.

Playable Ghouls

That’s the biggest piece of news, so let’s get it out of the way to start with. Ghouls are in as a playable race (along with presumably humans as well, so there’s two so far), and being radiation-twisted post-humans that they are, they’ve got access to some extra special traits to choose from. One of these is Glowing One, which you may remember from Fallout Tactics, and the other is Tech Wizard, which suggests Ghouls may have a racial aptitude to science, repair, lockpicking and otherwise general wasteland scavenging. They also begin with two racial abilities: “Geiger Counted” (assumedly a resistance to radiation) and the interestingly named “Complaints Department” - which in my best guess relates to a penalty on social interactions. The background fluff, such as it is so far, seems to place a heavy emphasise on sight, light and darkness, which may provide some clues about the Ghoul motivations in the new game.

New and Exciting Enemies

Sure, we all like to remember fondly the giant enemy crab, but Fallout Online is upping the ante with another giant crustacean: the mutant mantis shrimp. Packing some sort of high-powered lash attack strong enough to crack power armour, the mantis shrimp apparently also has the hinted-at ability to summon other aquatic help when in danger. Add to this super mutants in power armour (Horrigan, anyone), some sort of bloated zombie-ish creatures called “tickers” and a literal horde of murderous chipmunks. Now we’re talking.

Guns, Fallout-Style

“More guns than Canada!” promises the slogan of Crazy Ivan’s New and Used Gun Shop, and it’s not wrong - assuming the post-apocalypse Canada has less than five guns, anyway. The latest issue of the Rag goes into delightful detail on some of the weapons you can expect to wield in Fallout Online, from the ever-reliable-even-in-the-apocalypse AK-47, to the Chemblaster (TM) 3000 thrower, to the quad-barrelled 0.25 VOLCANOESQUE multi-chamber handgun. Gunplay in MMO’s has still generally failedd to take off, so it’ll be interesting to see how Interplay are going to handle it here.

Quests To Make You Laugh And/Or Cry

The best part of the Rag are the background pieces, that flesh out the detail of the areas, NPC’s, and organisations of the Fallout Online world. So far we know about the Church of Harold, a religious movement based around worshipping a mutant called Harold who likes to plant trees. We also know that The Glow from the original Fallout will be making a return, and there’s a lot of talk about a place called “Menkey Butte Mine”, especially from an NPC called “Fast Eddie”, who warns us of radscorpions in the area.

So far Fallout Online seems to be a vehicle for Interplay to relive some of their glory days of the franchise, and I can’t say that I blame them - or that it’s not a good idea. If you’re looking forward to the game, make sure you sign up to the Rag for yourself to find out more."

Source

Add me on Facebook

Xtreme Member

Red face

Would also be awesome if that yet unknown, new Command & Conquer game would be a direct and successful sequel to Generals. That would be very epic. I still play the original with the latest Remix Escalation mod, and in my opinion this combo flaws all the other RTS games in existence atm.

Add me on Facebook

Xtreme Member

Add me on Facebook

Xtreme Member
    March is going to be quite the month.
    **RIG**
    -Intel i5 4670K 4.5GHz
    -Noctua NH-D14
    -AsRock Killerx87
    -Gskill 2100 c9
    -AMD Radeon HD7970
    -CM 690II

Xtreme Enthusiast
    This year is going to be a queue maker. No way to play (Or even buy) all those games in a single year

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontos View Post
    This year is going to be a queue maker. No way to play (Or even buy) all those games in a single year
    Tell me about it. Additionally I have to write my master's thesis...
    Notice any grammar or spelling mistakes? Feel free to correct me! Thanks

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Rule of thumb is that at least half of all those "highly anticipated" games will be mediocre at best so these must-buy lists always shrink massively for me.

Xtreme Member
    A good thing too being there are so many titles, now which ones are the good ones? I guess only releases will tell.

Add me on Facebook

I am Xtreme
    Keeping track of upcoming pc games has been difficult for me. Thanks for updated the first post.

Asus Z9PE-D8 WS with 64GB of registered ECC ram.|Dell 30" LCD 3008wfp:7970 video card

LSI series raid controller
    SSDs: Crucial C300 256GB
    Standard drives: Seagate ST32000641AS & WD 1TB black
    OSes: Linux and Windows x64

Xtreme Member
    Everyone is very much welcome, feels good to help out the general masses :-) Don't forget if you see something not on the list, tell me about it and it will more than likely be added.

Add me on Facebook

Xtreme Member
    Poll added.

Add me on Facebook

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Piotrsama View Post

What a short gaming life you had.
    maybe he's 12?

Xtreme Member
    The result of the poll at the end of the month will decide the final type of categorization so get your vote in now if not done so already, to have your say :-)

Add me on Facebook

Xtreme Member
    *Thinks Fable 4 will be out on 360 by the time Fable 3 comes to PC* lol

Add me on Facebook

Dang it's gonna be one hell of a pc gaming year!! I must have picked the perfect time to upgrade my system!
    Asus Z77 Sabertooth | i7 3770k
    4x4GB GSkill DDR3 Ripjaws 1600
    Corsair H80
    Saphire HD7950
    HP LP2475W 24" H-IPS Panel
    Case: NZXT Switch 810
    PS: Corsair HX850
    Windows 7 64bit

Xtreme Mentor
    Alice madness returns will be released in June???!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up21p...layer_embedded

Xtreme Member
    Sure will my friend :-)

Add me on Facebook

Xtreme Member
    "No, you'll warrant no villain's exposition from me."

Xtreme Member
    Thanks for that, well, now we know. Hopefully it will be really polished, well so the reason goes for the immense delay, originally.

Add me on Facebook

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast