Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: X58A-OC pictured in full

I am Xtreme

X58A-OC pictured in full

"This is a nice shot of the OC PEG (PCI Express Graphics) and OC-Touch features on the X58A-OC. The two SATA power in connectors on either side of the SATA ports can be fed power from a 2nd and 3rd PSU if need be - just found a use for that old 400W PSU that's been lying around.

We’ve created a facebook photo album for the X58A-OC and will upload more pictures as our design team prepares them.

I was just commenting to a friend this morning that we’re in a pretty happy place at GIGABYTE at the moment; I don’t remember a time when we’ve had so many unique products all at once (referring to the G1-Killer, X58A-OC and P67A-UD7 boards)."
    Here is hicookie rocking the OC board
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0X9LSLDM6E
    Probably one of the most anticipated boards of all time, at least for me. I think it looks great, i have never seen a board with all tantalum caps.
    http://gigabytedaily.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by sin0822; 02-18-2011 at 10:05 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Love the color scheme.
    ASRock X399 Fatal1ty
    1950x Threadripper
    32gb DDR4
    GTX 1070
    __________________________________________________ ____

Xtreme Member
    Colors do look nice.

Why do you need power for SATA?

Does it have new EFI BIOS like Asus?
    Asus Laptop

Xtreme Mentor
    Wow how did it compare to G.1 Series
    Intel Core i5 6600K + ASRock Z170 OC Formula + Galax HOF 4000 (8GBx2) + Antec 1200W OC Version
    EK SupremeHF + BlackIce GTX360 + Swiftech 655 + XSPC ResTop
    Macbook Pro 15" Late 2011 (i7 2760QM + HD 6770M)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) , Huawei Nexus 6P
    [history system]80286 80386 80486 Cyrix K5 Pentium133 Pentium II Duron1G Athlon1G E2180 E3300 E5300 E7200 E8200 E8400 E8500 E8600 Q9550 QX6800 X3-720BE i7-920 i3-530 i5-750 Semp140@x2 955BE X4-B55 Q6600 i5-2500K i7-2600K X4-B60 X6-1055T FX-8120 i7-4790K

Team ID - Indonesia
    ouch... loved it !....

Xtreme Addict
    Appearance wise it looks pretty killer but is it just me or does it seem to be really sparse on rear ports...
    Work Rig: Asus x58 P6T Deluxe, i7 950 24x166 1.275v, BIX2/GTZ/D5
    3x2048 GSkill pi Black DDR3 1600, Quadro 600
    PCPower & Cooling Silencer 750, CM Stacker 810

Game Rig: Asus x58 P6T, i7 970 24x160 1.2v HT on, TRUE120
    3x4096 GSkill DDR3 1600, PNY 660ti
    PCPower & Cooling Silencer 750, CM Stacker 830

AMD Rig: Biostar TA790GX A2+, x4 940 16x200, stock hsf
    2x2gb Patriot DDR2 800, PowerColor 4850
    Corsair VX450

Xtreme Addict
    Exceptional looking board.

Not 100% for the heatsink style and color.
    But it's ok.

The only major thing I don't like about it from the looks of it, is the back panel.
    I prefer a full back panel setup.

I see 2 bios chips.
    Though they never seem to add a jumper to manually select between the 2..., they should do that...

Awesome board with the alignment of those mosfets and all those tat's.
    I see they are adding the voltage readings by the atx like asus, along with connectors for them for permanent use.

To be onest, how are you supposed to reach in and fool with the power button and such when it's way over there by the atx?
    Would be better if it was on the bottom of the board next to the front panel pinout...
    Same goes for the cmos switch, can't reach something like that unless it's on the back panel or something.

Impressive looking board though.
    The bios would make or break it as always, but the board looks pretty darn good.

Lmao, with all those tat's they dare disgrace the board with a kts cr2032, why use the cheapest crappiest battery on the market..., no biggy though you can buy sanyo's for a $1 or 2 on ebay anyways.
    Still, that's plain wrong lol .
    Last edited by NEOAethyr; 02-18-2011 at 08:03 PM.

Brilliant Idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by highoctane View Post
    Appearance wise it looks pretty killer but is it just me or does it seem to be really sparse on rear ports...
    Its designed for ocers by ocers..........I suppose you think it should have wifi to..........

The board is not intended to go in a case........it can but it's meant to go on a bench station.......where none of those things you guys are complaining about matter, want all that fluff stuff buy the g1 assasin.............
    Last edited by chew*; 02-18-2011 at 08:03 PM.
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

Xtreme Cruncher
    i know you're happy about the ps/2's chew...
    about time somebody made a proper oc'ing board designed specifically for one purpose.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    Its designed for ocers by ocers..........I suppose you think it should have wifi to..........

The board is not intended to go in a case........it can but it's meant to go on a bench station.......where none of those things you guys are complaining about matter, want all that fluff stuff buy the g1 assasin.............
    Yeah wifi... would be nice to see dual mpcie... lol
    Would be nice to see 2x the darn ferrites too.

And to be onest with ya, voltages are higher when you gots a ground to connect to, not ac groundfault but dc ground for the backplain.
    Put it in a acrylic case with dc as the backplain, and now you can't reach the darn buttons, that really does kinda suck so you definitely need good front panel cables for this sucker...
    F a bench station...

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post

Slow down gunpowda, no need to be so sensitive over nothing, I never criticized anything just made an observation.

Did I say it was bad, did I complain, did I say it needed something else.....
    Work Rig: Asus x58 P6T Deluxe, i7 950 24x166 1.275v, BIX2/GTZ/D5
    3x2048 GSkill pi Black DDR3 1600, Quadro 600
    PCPower & Cooling Silencer 750, CM Stacker 810

Game Rig: Asus x58 P6T, i7 970 24x160 1.2v HT on, TRUE120
    3x4096 GSkill DDR3 1600, PNY 660ti
    PCPower & Cooling Silencer 750, CM Stacker 830

AMD Rig: Biostar TA790GX A2+, x4 940 16x200, stock hsf
    2x2gb Patriot DDR2 800, PowerColor 4850
    Corsair VX450

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by NEOAethyr View Post
    Yeah wifi... would be nice to see dual mpcie... lol
    Would be nice to see 2x the darn ferrites too.

And to be onest with yeah, voltages are higher when you gots a ground to connect to, not ac groundfault but dc ground for the backplain.
    Put it in a acrylic case with dc as the backplain, and now you can't reach the darn buttons, that really does kinda suck so you defenlty need good front panel cables for this sucker...
    F a bench station...
    nothing pleases you does it? LOL j/k

Um no one has much idea on the power scheme exactly, as the heatsink is covering all of the good stuff. All i know is that they added a ton of output capacitors maybe 400uf each at 8k?They are using the same intersil controller it seems, because the UD9's had no problems and works just great. He is 400mhz ahead f the rest and i am sure going to be further ahead .

I cannot wait! BTW i really think they should move the PWm and ite phase chip to the side.

Brilliant Idiot
    Not sensitive but its preety clear by the name of the board and its layout, it has one main purpose and goal.

Yes more than happy about the ps2. I have lost my mouse more times than i can count on ocasion, so much i have to set up my keyboard to work as a mouse quite often on my bench rigs....

Who cares about a cmos battery. I rip mine out of the board as soon as it comes out of the box now......never know when you might have forgotten to clear cmos after an ln2 session and you have a profile loaded to boot at 1.7+ on a $1000 chip.......pulling the battery spares that drama from ever happening.
    Last edited by chew*; 02-18-2011 at 08:20 PM.
    heatware chew*

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by sin0822 View Post
    nothing pleases you does it? LOL j/k
    Lol, yep it's true...
    This board is "pretty close" to perfect and that's what counts when I'm looking to buy .
    If I were looking to buy this platform, I'de take a good look at this board's bios, if it looked good, I'de go for it.

About the ps2 stuff.
    In my experience ps2 keyboards can't use as many buttons at the same time as a usb.
    Not all usb keyboards are equal though.
    You can use somewhat high dpi mice on a ps2 port though, back in the day razor only made high res ps2 mice...
    It's ok to see ps2, I'de rather see usb in place of that myself.
    But I suppose if someone still has a use for them, might as well put them on the board.

I still have a use for lpt ports... , ps1 controllers..., but xbox controllers on usb are fine too lol.

As for cmos batt, yeah I sometimes pull and forget too.
    If I keep one in there I prefer a higher quality one though.
    It just erks me when I see kts .
    Last edited by NEOAethyr; 02-18-2011 at 08:29 PM.

I am Xtreme
    not as many buttons at the same time, lol.

I honestly like using PS2 with OCing. It gives me a sense of stability b/c i can disable USB.

Brilliant Idiot
    I only see like 3 things that look annoying.

Lots of buttons near ram slots, benching ram on ln2 could get ugly.

That clear cmos button right near cpu socket. Freezing and unfreezing a CB free chip but with say CBB -120......Kinda hard to do any type of prep that will keep that button free of condenation. Also you will want acess to it so covering it is out of question.

If you use eraser around PCI E slots at least for 4 way it means pulling the heatpipe to prep slot 1.....kinda annoying. Single card just use slot 2 though. Would not be the first board i had that issue with however.
    heatware chew*

Xtreme Member
    Is this going to be the UD3P of lga 1366?
    --lapped Q9650 #L828A446 @ 4.608, 1.45V bios, 1.425V load.
    -- NH-D14 2x Delta AFB1212SHE push/pull and 110 cfm fan -- Coollaboratory Liquid PRO
    -- Gigabyte EP45-UD3P ( F10 ) - G.Skill 4x2Gb 9600 PI @ 1221 5-5-5-15, PL8, 2.1V
    - GTX 480 ( 875/1750/928)
    - HAF 932 - Antec TPQ 1200 -- Crucial C300 128Gb boot --
    Primary Monitor - Samsung T260

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by LiquidReactor View Post
    Is this going to be the UD3P of lga 1366?
    not its the UD9 replacement, its made just for us! G1 for gamers, this board is for professional OCers.

Anyways
    this I am told is not final.

awesome...
    is this the first board without cylindrical caps?

Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6
    Core 2 Quad Q9450 @ 3.4Ghz (Zalman CNPS9700 LED)
    Corsair Twin2X4096-6400C4DHX @ DDR2-1066
    RIP GeForce 9800 GX2 715/1720/1050
    2 x 500GB WD Caviar SE (RAID 0)
    Corsair HX-620W
    ACER P243WAID 1920 x 1200

XIP
    All is good on the board...but can they make one with condensation/moisture proof pcb buit in?

Factory conformal coated pcb is more useful than those remote wifi overclocking kinda thing...

It will eliminate all the junk we put on the mobo
    Last edited by Dumo; 02-18-2011 at 09:26 PM.

I am Xtreme
    The board looks absolutely fantastic. By far the best looking Gigabyte board I yet to see. Why couldn't they have gone this way for their P67 offerings.

What are those ATX4P1 and ATX4P4 connectors for?

WAIT, so this board is only for benching or what? What is the point of having all those SATA connectors, USB headers, etc if it has next to NOTHING for I/O outputs on the back.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumo View Post
    All is good on the board...but can they make one with condensation/moisture proof pcb buit in?

Factory conformal coated pcb probly?

I already asked and i was told it doesn't. That was one of the first things I thought about. I don't think they want to do that for b/c if it did die from condensation some how then they could be responsible if they advertise already coated. But hey i don't know that for sure.

Brilliant Idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumo View Post

Factory conformal coated pcb probly?

Doubt that will happen dumo, from a company perspective the board needs to be easy to be reworked.......and for whatever reason they seem to forget easily that silicon based conformal is designed specifically with rework in mind.........Etc you can rework the board without removing it.

It would also increase costs....silicon conformal is not cheap.
    Last edited by chew*; 02-18-2011 at 09:30 PM.
    heatware chew*

XIP
    I already asked and i was told it doesn't. That was one of the first things I thought about. I don't think they want to do that for b/c if it did die from condensation some how then they could be responsible if they advertise already coated. But hey i don't know that for sure.
    Well, if it main purpose for xtreme oc then might as well go full throttle

Anyway, board is looking good

Administrator
    I asked at CES also but they had no answer.

tbh I think if they did conformal coat the boards and you had to RMA it, the RMA department would have a hard time unsoldering pieces.

It's just a guess of mine tho.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast