Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ***HTPC/Lounge Room GALLERY THREAD***

The Green Button is probably the best HTPC related website.. and AVS Forums has some good information. It really isn't too hard to get a home theater up and running. I'm a pretty avid HTPC builder, although I haven't built a new one for myself in quite a while because mine is still working perfectly for what I use it for. But.. I have probably done over 20 HTPC builds for people in the past year. Fanless/silent solutions, large storage solutions, 3D Blu-ray solutions, etc. My favorite builds are mini-ITX sized HTPC's. That's probably what I'll go with next.

Xtreme Guru
    Nice information and displays guys, More pics i say MOAR!

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

I am Xtreme
    Another good site.

http://hometheaterreview.com/

Example;

http://hometheaterreview.com/has-net...its-own-grave/
    Has Netflix Dug Its Own Grave?
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.
    For that we should thank BOTH (AMD and Intel) companies!

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

Xtreme Member
    Would pictures of general stereo setups be allowed here? Mine is directly hooked up to my PC.

Add me on Facebook
    -=<#*!! 5OUnD PHr33K !!*#>=-

I wouldn't classify a HTPC as just being hooked up to a 'general stereo'. It's pretty standard to hook up a computer to speakers. A HTPC is a multimedia setup, usually used from the couch with just a remote or wireless keyboard to give a theater feel.. 10-foot interface and all.

Xtreme Member
    My Setup:

• Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Headphones
    • Concord Premium Interconnect (1.0m Stereo Parallel Male to Male RCA Interconnect from sound card to amplifier)
    • 12 Gauge speaker wire from speakers 'A' outputs of amp to main speakers
    • 12 Gauge speaker wire from speakers 'B' outputs of amp to high level inputs of subwoofer
    • Cambridge Audio Azur 740A Integrated Stereo Amplifier (150W RMS/ch @ 4 Ohms, 100W RMS/ch @ 8 Ohms, all channels driven)
    • Technics SL-1700 Turntable
    • (To Yet Acquire) Cambridge Audio Azur 640P Phono Preamp
    • PSB SubSonic 5i Subwoofer (150W RMS Continuous, 225W Dynamic, 450W Dynamic Peak, 10" Driver)
    • DALI Ikon 6 MK2 main speakers (http://dali-speakers.com/display_con....html/322/2559)
    • Speaker isolation via speaker feet
    • Amplifier and subwoofer connected to a Clipsal "Orange Box" portable RCD power outlet

I've also somewhat tuned the in-room frequency response a little with a dB meter and the EQ's on my sound card if that is of any importance
    Last edited by SabreWulf69; 07-05-2011 at 06:22 PM.

Add me on Facebook

Xtreme Guru
    Anything htpc related is more then welcome in this thread, post away guys!

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

I am Xtreme

Xtreme Systems computer room Theater PC LOL!
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

Fanboy of Good Products
    great setup!
    Cruncher #1: EVGA Z68 FTW | i7-2600k @ 4.5 | 6GB Ram
    Cruncher #2: Supermicro Dual-Socket | 2 x 6-core Opterons | 4GB Ram
    Cruncher #3: 8-core Xserve 1,1

T400 for non-crunching

"But don't think you'll run me over - It's, ah, planting season here in Texas... and the farm is growing..." -Otis11 on crunching WCG

Xtreme Guru
    Spider pig spider pig does whatever a spider pig does

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by shoota View Post
    great setup!
    Thanks, I think

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny87au View Post
    Spider pig spider pig does whatever a spider pig does
    Hehehe!

Posted by duploxxx
    Posted by gallag
    qft!

Fanboy of Good Products
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie27 View Post
    Thanks, I think
    whaddya mean "you think"?

i'd kill to have a little man room like that. right now i have about half a small bedroom but it sucks cuz i can't leave stuff laying out or i have to clean it up cuz the wifey gets all mad. If i had a room to myself i'd never clean it up!

T400 for non-crunching

"But don't think you'll run me over - It's, ah, planting season here in Texas... and the farm is growing..." -Otis11 on crunching WCG

Xtreme Mentor
    Heres a couple pics of my settup. I can only dream of having a room of wiretap's caliber, but it's not bad for a poor working slob...

HTPC: GBT UD3H, AMD 555 X2, HIS 5670, Asus Zonar DX, 4GB 1333, 64gb MicroCenter SSD (OS), 1Tb Samsung Green storage.
    Keyboard/Mouse: Gyration Air

Server (not shown): MSI 790GX, AMD 565 X2, 4GB 1600, WD Sata3 1Tb (OS), 3 Samsung 1Tb greens for stoarge. This rig is also used as a PVR in my bedroom and runs 24/7.

Reciever: B&K Reference 50 Series2
    Amp: Carver 5 x 80 watt
    Speakers: 5.1 all Infinity's, 10" 100w powered sub. (I like Infinity (personal preference))

TV: Samsung 52" 1080p 60Hz
    Turntable: Phillips Direct drive quartz locked.
    Remote: Logitech Harmony 520 (couldn't live without a Harmony remote)!

Not really sure why I keep hanging on to the JVC VCR. It looks like cr*p on a high def screen.....

Just thought I'd share. It really is a decent system.
    AMD FX-8350 (1237 PGN) | Asus Crosshair V Formula (bios 1703) | G.Skill 2133 CL9 @ 2230 9-11-10 | Sapphire HD 6870 | Samsung 830 128Gb SSD / 2 WD 1Tb Black SATA3 storage | Corsair TX750 PSU
    Watercooled ST 120.3 & TC 120.1 / MCP35X XSPC Top / Apogee HD Block | WIN7 64 Bit HP | Corsair 800D Obsidian Case

First Computer: Commodore Vic 20 (circa 1981).

Xtreme Guru
    Nice little rig dude!

I am Xtreme
    whaddya mean "you think"?

i'd kill to have a little man room like that. right now i have about half a small bedroom but it sucks cuz i can't leave stuff laying out or i have to clean it up cuz the wifey gets all mad. If i had a room to myself i'd never clean it up!
    There were two posts and I didn't know which one you were replying to. Now that I know it was to me I'll say thank you very much this time. The things I love about it is that even though it is not the best, I have Two Different Areas. No biggie if the wife and Daughter runs me out of MY Man Cave. The The Man Cave #2 computer Room Upstairs is sweet as well since that's where my main rig is. The stuff I have has just stacked up over the years and funny as hell since I've actually sold half of it.

Posted by duploxxx
    Posted by gallag
    qft!

Fanboy of Good Products
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie27 View Post
    There were two posts and I didn't know which one you were replying to. Now that I know it was to me I'll say thank you very much this time. The things I love about it is that even though it is not the best, I have Two Different Areas. No biggie if the wife and Daughter runs me out of MY Man Cave. The The Man Cave #2 computer Room Upstairs is sweet as well since that's where my main rig is. The stuff I have has just stacked up over the years and funny as hell since I've actually sold half of it.
    my stuff is starting to accumulate too and that's not a good thing since i'm in a smaller apartment and my computer room is also the guest bedroom lol

T400 for non-crunching

OK, here's mine:

Pic to the back wall is old and has old surround speakers. Wires aren't hidden yet and some few unfinished things there too..

Hardware is:

Optoma HD600x HDReady projector
    Screen is homemade, painted plate on board body, size ~92"
    PS3 160GB
    Wii Black
    Pioneer VSX-820K 5.1 amp
    Internet TV box
    Vinyl player

speakers:
    -Audio Pro Stage 4 (front main)
    -Audio Pro Image 21 (center)
    -Audio Pro Image 11 (rear)
    -Audio Pro b1.36 (subwoofer)

HTPC is coming soon, now I'm playing DivX from my main PC via. PS3 Media Server through home network.

I had almost all hardware already, except projector and that amp so this whole room has cost me only about 1000€..
    PC:
    -EVGA P55 FTW
    -i5 750 @4GHz
    -SPARKLE GTX 580
    -KINGSTON 2x4GB DDR3

Cars:
    Nissan 200sx s14a
    Opel Astra caravan
    Peugeot 406

I am Xtreme
    my stuff is starting to accumulate too and that's not a good thing since i'm in a smaller apartment and my computer room is also the guest bedroom lol
    I hear ya! My wife has talked about getting back into hosting exchange students and wants the room back! I said no way. But that might work into my favor since that might allow me to transform the two car plus Garage to a New Den.

I have other projects left and I'll get the wood for the second one this evening:

The speakers I have and trying to do something with.

1. Double Shaped Sub with 2 10" Pioneer Subs and a 240W Dayton Plate AMP.

2. Two 15" MTX Road Thunder Woofers that will end up in a Cab for my Bass Guitar.

3. This one will be a simple Sealed 2 Way Guitar Cab will have an RCA Horn and 12" Cerwin Vega Woofer.

4. . A smallish 3-Way Bookshelf set for my Daughter's room 3" tweeter, 5.5" Mid and 10" woofer. The

5. Passive Sub version of the Tuba 24 with an Infinity 1252W 12" Sub Woofer. That could also find its way into being a Driver for my Bass Guitar.

And that still leaves few speakers un-used.
    Last edited by Donnie27; 04-01-2011 at 07:48 AM.

Posted by duploxxx
    Posted by gallag
    qft!

Xtreme Member
    Any pics donnie?

Add me on Facebook

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by SabreWulf69 View Post
    Any pics donnie?
    Yes, starting a new thread.

Posted by duploxxx
    Posted by gallag
    qft!

I am Xtreme
    Oh and Mayday, I like the LTD guitar. My favorite 5 string Bass is an LTD

Posted by duploxxx
    Posted by gallag
    qft!

Gathering parts for a new multi-room HTPC build. Finding some good sales.

3x 4U Rackmount Cases ($60 each)

3x MSI P67A-G43 Motherboards ($80 each)
    3x Intel i3 2100 Processors ($99 each)
    3x PNY 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($20 each)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    OK, many of you have already seen it. There is a lot more on both my home and office setups at my blog http://www.omnixedia.com if you seek additional data/shots.

Home

Office

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img_1061-1.jpg 
Views:	1553 
Size:	312.1 KB 
ID:	117527
    Last edited by 64NOMIS; 07-10-2011 at 09:23 PM.

all outta gum
    My wooden HTPC case:

It's built from scrap parts so it's not a dream HTPC, but a second version, with new smaller case and Llano inside is in the making.
    www.teampclab.pl
    MOA 2009 Poland #2, AMD Black Ops 2010, MOA 2011 Poland #1, MOA 2011 EMEA #12

Test bench: empty

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Here is my home theater and lounge setups.

Samsung 52” 1080P 120Hz LCD
    Onkyo HDMI 1080P 7.1 Surround Sound 1200watt
    Sony BluRay Player
    VerizonFIOS DVR
    Logitech Harmony One Remote
    Logitech Wireless Keyboard
    Logitech Air Mouse

Lian-Li HTPC Case
    OCZ SilentXtreme 600watt PSU
    Abit IP35 Pro Motherboard
    Intel Core2DUO E6850
    G.Skill DDR 2x2GB (4GB)
    eVGA 8600GT
    Seagate 500GB HD
    Intel Gigabit NIC

All devices are connected to Onkyo receiver via HDMI and Optical Audio. I have to use optical audio because my received handles 1080P HD Video but not audio through HDMI. (I plan to move this received to my soon to be finished basement/bar area and purchase a new received that allows true HDMI video/audio processing.)

I have a server in my office that streams all my movies, music and pictures to all my Samsung HDTV’s in my house. I use a laptop with Wireless N and HDMI to connect to Samsung tv in bedroom and office if I need to stream from server.

Living Room Setup

My Office/Lounge

4770K and 3770k
    MVI Gene and MV Gene
    2 kits TeamX 2400Mhz 2x4GB @ 2600Mhz 10-12-12--28-1T
    Asus 670GTX DCII
    Corsair AX1200 ~ Corsair TX850
    (2) OCZ Vertex 4 RAID0 ~
    Samsung BluRay Burner SH-B123L
    800D~EK Supreme HF Nickel~EK Coolstream 360~BP Matte Black Modded MCP655
    BP Mod Top V2~EK Res~Distilled Water~Silvercoils

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast