Thread: D5's w/ res in series.

Xtreme Member

D5's w/ res in series.

I'm thinking about combining my 2 loops into one. Both of my D5's have an EK top with a res connected to the inlet. Can I run the outlet of the first pump into the res attached to the second pump without any loss of head pressure?

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthols View Post
    I'm thinking about combining my 2 loops into one. Both of my D5's have an EK top with a res connected to the inlet. Can I run the outlet of the first pump into the res attached to the second pump without any loss of head pressure?
    I am doing the same, and it appears that you will need about 4" between the two pumps. Just my 2 cents.

Xtreme Member
    Is there any particular reason for the 4" of space? I have the EK Multires attached to both pumps and was just thinking of going from the outlet to one of the side inlets on the reservoir. The combo's are mounted to the back of my MB tray and I didn't want to have to move anything.

Oh, and a little off topic, but I am running a d-tek Fuzion V1, DD MPC Chipset block, Koolance GTX 295 block (dual pcb) with a PA120.3 and MCR220. Throwing in a few koolance VL3N quick disconnects won't be a problem with flow, right?
    Last edited by Panthols; 02-16-2011 at 06:58 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Ditch one of the reservoirs, no need for two, otherwise it should be fine.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueAqua View Post
    Ditch one of the reservoirs, no need for two, otherwise it should be fine.
    I wanted to do all of this with the least amount of work possible and leave everything basically where it is. Would I need to ditch the second res?

Xtreme Addict
    It'll be fine if you want them both as long as there is sufficient water in the the reservoirs. Don't leave a lot of air volume in each.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthols View Post
    I wanted to do all of this with the least amount of work possible and leave everything basically where it is. Would I need to ditch the second res?
    Run both serial with a dual top for the d5s, basically plays out as1 pump but really your getting the gains of 2 pumps, any reservoir will do

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny87au View Post
    Run both serial with a dual top for the d5s, basically plays out as1 pump but really your getting the gains of 2 pumps, any reservoir will do
    I already have everything mounted and running. I wanted to just drain, move a few tubes and refill. I really want one of those koolance bay res/pump combos but that's going to wait for my new build.