Thread: Swiftech stacker under desk?

Xtreme Guru

Swiftech stacker under desk?

So i have a KMP-400 that is going to be running a CPU and thats it, and i want to put the 360 stacker underneath my desk, so it will be about 1-2 feet below the level of the desk. the rig is on a rack. i am thinking of hanging the rad horizontally between the table legs here.

will this cause problems with flow or anything? and would it matter if its vertical or horizontal? would one position have less effect than the other in regards to flow?

Last edited by Computurd; 02-15-2011 at 11:43 AM.
    "Lurking" Since 1977

Jesus Saves, God Backs-Up
    *I come to the news section to ban people, not read complaints.*-[XC]Gomeler
    Don't believe Squish, his hardware does control him!

Chasing After Diety
    do you have a window?

They're best pulling air in or out from the window, unless ur room is fully AC'd.
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    No problem elevation with flow in a closed loop if you can get it filled. The ups and downs in static pressure head cancel each other out once it's filled. a little extra tubing is minor in restriction unless you are running some absurd 20ft run or something like that.

Separte the rads so each gets the coldest fresh air possible will be your biggest benefit and down low away from other heat sources is always a good thing as long as the exhaust can leave without recycling.

Xtreme Guru
    oh its ac. i am just concerned about the pump being able to pump through all that rad and back up to the cpu. can the pump handle it?

EDIT:seen martins reply, thx!

i will test with the rads together for now, if i have issues i will buy more fans and separate them. so the one pump could push the two rads easy?
    "Lurking" Since 1977

Chasing After Diety
    Quote Originally Posted by Computurd View Post
    i will test with the rads together for now, if i have issues i will buy more fans and separate them. so the one pump could push the two rads easy?
    destory all doubt and get a second pump!

THIS IS SPART.. err XS!!!

Xtreme Guru
    lol i do have a second pump but i am going to be running it on a seperate loop with the same water though...kinda serial. like this
    .......kmp-400-raid-fullboard block-ram-rad
    res< .................................................. >res
    .......kmp-400-cpu-rad-------------------

i know that diagram isnt all that great. whattya think of that idea?

the raidcard and fullboard block and ram will have a dual rad..and cpu will have the 360 stacker. i am looking for overkill btw. but looking to capitialize on excess cooling capacity of the dual rad or vice versa.
    Last edited by Computurd; 02-15-2011 at 12:12 PM.
    "Lurking" Since 1977

Chasing After Diety
    i think your watercooling way too much and your going to get into a head ache situation like how i did 5 yrs ago in my attempt to watercool every last nook and cranny.

:P

In all honesty, drop the ram for a bench setup, throw the ARC on air, and watercool the rest.
    Give the cpu water line slack, so you dont need to remove the tubing and all to board swap.
    Put the gpu's on QDC's so u can quick remove them, and make it so if u need to.
    In short you want the option to remove the board in under 5 min while taking it semi conservatively.

Thats how i realized one really enjoys an open rack, before i retired them all out due to major dust problems.