Thread: Filling Loop, ATX Jumper

I am Xtreme

Filling Loop, ATX Jumper

So I read how to do this and gave it a try with just a fan hooked up, no pump. I jumpered the ATX connector as stated, plugged a 4 pin modular molex into my PS with a fan attached and plugged in the power cord. However, the power only surges for a second and then stops. I need to turn the power supply off and on to keep the fan running. Is this what will need done to fill the loop with the pump or should it run constantly using the jumper?

Thanks,
    John

Xtreme Member
    It should be on constantly. Are you sure that you jumpered the right wires? It has to be the green one and any black wire.
    3770k @4.9ghz | ASUS Maximus V Forumla | Mushkin 994008 16gb @2133mhz | Zotac GTX 680

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by McDown View Post
    It should be on constantly. Are you sure that you jumpered the right wires? It has to be the green one and any black wire.
    Thanks for the reply. It was my stupidity. I actually bought a small plug with a switch. The switch is momentary, DUH. I should RTFM

John

Xtreme Enthusiast
    momentary is the type of switch that disengages once you let go of it.
    the other type is a rocker? idk lol hey we've all been there

Oooh pretty switch, hey.. why doesn't my computer stay on

Better yet, you can switch it on, then off and it will be fine. ( just like I did on my first pc ; ) )
    If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig
    you know you're addicted to watercooling when:
    Quote Originally Posted by Onoff312 View Post
    You started with a $200-400 budget and have ended up spending over $1000-2000